+ Reply to Thread
Page 369 of 419 FirstFirst ... 269 319 359 367 368 369 370 371 379 ... LastLast
Results 7,361 to 7,380 of 8378

Thread: The PlayStation Thread

Great sage,equal of heaven Darkstorm's Avatar

Default Re: The PlayStation 4/PS3/Vita Thread

Yeah, I agree. I think Horii still has ultimate control over DQ, so it'll be on the console that has the biggest Japanese install base. I don't think he cares about trying to help the sales of Kingdom Hearts III & FFXV.

And here I was ready for it to be a 3ds title.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthAsthma View Post
    And here I was ready for it to be a 3ds title.
    Yeah, I think everyone was until that little comment. I'm hoping it means he wants to make another epic adventure like VIII.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstorm View Post
    Yeah, I agree. I think Horii still has ultimate control over DQ, so it'll be on the console that has the biggest Japanese install base. I don't think he cares about trying to help the sales of Kingdom Hearts III & FFXV.
    but the PS4 will probably be just that in a few years once they actually get Japanese centric games and release their big guns, meanwhile Nintendo has already done a good amount of that bu hasn't sold well in Japan
    FMA 03> FMA Brotherhood

Nintendo just basically released Mario Kart 8 and received a good boost to Wii U sales, and basically although there was Mario and a bit of Zelda, it amounts to a Zelda remake and Mario out pushing sales. As great as Pikmin 3 or W101 is, they definitely weren't going to carry the system. E3 I think gave at least three times as many reasons to get a Wii U in the near future than beforehand, and definitely more reasons to get a Wii U now than a PS4 now. PS4 may end up with the overall larger install base in Japan by the end of the generation, but that might not be good reason enough for Horii to bring over DQ to the PS4.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinigamiKing View Post
    but the PS4 will probably be just that in a few years once they actually get Japanese centric games and release their big guns, meanwhile Nintendo has already done a good amount of that bu hasn't sold well in Japan
    What games are these exactly? Most Japanese developers are moving to mobile, for precisely the reason Nintendo's console hasn't seen big boosts despite an MK8 release - Japanese consumers are playing games on their mobiles, nowhere near the same amount are buying consoles to play games. We've seen this trend over the last few years on handheld, with the 3DS & Vita selling far more poorly then the DS & PSP. PS4's going to be lucky to sell more then 10k a week outside of AAA release weeks, and those weeks are going to be far more rare then last gen since western games don't sell as well in Japan and Japanese games won't be released as frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstorm View Post
    What games are these exactly? Most Japanese developers are moving to mobile, for precisely the reason Nintendo's console hasn't seen big boosts despite an MK8 release - Japanese consumers are playing games on their mobiles, nowhere near the same amount are buying consoles to play games. We've seen this trend over the last few years on handheld, with the 3DS & Vita selling far more poorly then the DS & PSP. PS4's going to be lucky to sell more then 10k a week outside of AAA release weeks, and those weeks are going to be far more rare then last gen since western games don't sell as well in Japan and Japanese games won't be released as frequently.
    FFXV
    KH III
    RE 7

and more probably
    FMA 03> FMA Brotherhood

This week on PSN, it appears Flower is a free download.

Not PSN+, just... on the playstation store. Totally free.

Anyone that has not played it yet should absolutely get it. And then go buy Journey if you havne't done that yet.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Well it seems it's a NA only thing. In the German store it's not free :/
    3DS FC: 0903-2798-9958
    PSN: H3kt1
    My YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuw...yK6eHc5FiDIEOw

Well... yeah. The store is different between continents.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Was that free Flower an error? All versions are $4.99 base or $3.49 with PS+.

I think so. I have the US store and PS+ and all I get is the 30% discount.

That's a shame.

Well, it was free Tuesday night.

Makes sense that was an error though.

But hey, its a game worth 5$ anyway.

That stuff has been happening alot lately...

Crap, I saw the "Free w/ PS+" offer on Flower a few days ago and just decided to come back to it later since I figured it'd still be there. :( It's definitely worth $5 though.

a mood come alive.

Default Re: The PlayStation 4/PS3/PSP/Vita Thread

Uhh..PS now is charging..
    saw this on twitter
    https://twitter.com/gameinformer/sta...91745125531648

Im on Now for ps3 and games run from 2.99-4.99 for 4 hours, 7.99 for a week,14.99 a month and 29.99 for 3 months
    all betas might have changed to reflect the new system
    alot of new games have been added such as Sonic CD, FFXIII-2, Adventure time and more
    <Avi Drawing Credit to PirateNeko
    My DeviantArt:http://mediafan658.deviantart.com/
    My FC is 3308-4620-6155

MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar

Default Re: The PlayStation 4/PS3/PSP/Vita Thread

Quote Originally Posted by KaizokuFan22 View Post
    Uhh..PS now is charging..
    saw this on twitter
    https://twitter.com/gameinformer/sta...91745125531648

Im on Now for ps3 and games run from 2.99-4.99 for 4 hours, 7.99 for a week,14.99 a month and 29.99 for 3 months
    all betas might have changed to reflect the new system
    alot of new games have been added such as Sonic CD, FFXIII-2, Adventure time and more
    That pricing is feaking stupid it should just be a PS+ thing and call it a day
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

It's pretty obvious that in this beta phase, they're doing a lot of tweaking of figuring out appropriate prices and times, so it's not too worrisome to me at this moment as to the price charging right now, especially because publishers are the ones setting the prices. It's kinda in line with the mentality Nintendo has with their games and why theirs in particular almost never go on sale (that said even Nintendo puts a few sales here and there so they are creeping along at some pace). It's just the idea of figuring out what price is best to encourage viewing the game for a limited period of time while not discouraging the prospect of buying the game for full price at retail, and without a precedent, I think both Sony and the publishers are basically just arbitrarily setting prices based on what they believe to be the worth of those games for those time periods.

Because really, how far can you get in FFXIII in just four hours?

Compared to rental stores.... 7.99 for a week is pretty good.

When you don't have to leave the house... waste gas... or plug a different system into your TV. People gotta remember that convenience has it's own price.

I agree that some of the prices will have to be tweaked.

And the best thing would be for some kind of netflix-style subscription. That would be cool.

^Indeed, and also we can't forget that Sony made a huge investment into the gaikai tech, so right now with trying to set up the infrastructure and trying to make its Return on investment, they'll be trying to see what would be an appropriate and acceptable price to recoup costs.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information