Closed Thread
Page 323 of 706 FirstFirst ... 223 273 313 321 322 323 324 325 333 373 423 ... LastLast
Results 6,441 to 6,460 of 14120

Thread: Random News Article Discussion

of the Hundred Beasts The Laughing Man's Avatar
    Watching a fat, egg-shaped woman fall down a waterfall.

Default Re: Random News Article Thread/Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissie View Post
    Are you really such a fucking dipshit? Let me explain to you a-hole why 'stupid slutty KIDS' kill themselves nowadays:
    No. Support. No support from family, from school or from society which 99% of has actually that same stance with you (well, a lot less jackass than yours but on the same lines) 'Their fault for being slutty, they should suck it up and find other solutions to their problems'

See with this logic there are several gaping holes. One of them is that the society they belong to, gives them no such solutions. All they will face for their rest of their lives are slut labels stuck on their backs because nowadays when someone falls down, everyone gets a kick out of beating the shit out of them when they are down and rarely someone offers them a hand. Another one of them is that the morals of each society which are supposed to be carried over by several factors (family, media, school), have been twisted and turned into ruins. Everyone and everything turns you to concentrate on money or sex or both because that's how you will achieve happiness! Family and School instead of reinforce and encourage teamwork, compassion, respect, they both teach and encourage competition (and not the healthy kind, more like step on the others' corpses to stand higher yourself) egoism and divide everyone into units instead of teams.

And the last and major hole in your 'logic' that is specifically for this case is the past of this kid. She had no parents, no stability in her life. If you think that someone can be normal and not suffer from bouts of depression when they've no balance in their life since their childhood, then you are either very naive, blissful ignorant or just plain stupid. One single negative happening during childhood years which are the most tender period, can scar someone for life. She didn't just have one thing tho. She lost her parents, had sexual relations with an older man (thus was basically a victim of pederasty which she also probably blamed herself for as it is a very common result of that) hopped from foster house to foster house. Then two guys probably sweet-talked her into doing things with them (and sweet words can make someone vulnerable like that feel nice and cooperative rather easily) and then they harassed and bullied her for it. It was the last straw for this girl. She snapped. And I see why. Probably not one single fucking adult from the school or whatever, cared to give her support. Professional support that she desperately needed too. They let her die like they let other children like that die. She was only 15 for fucks sake and she faced things on her own for so long. She doesn't need you or anyone else who was fortunate enough to not be in her shoes even for 5 minutes, to piss on her grave too.

Quote Originally Posted by The Laughing Man View Post
    I'll admit it (in a less blunt way), I too feel very little sympathy for people who commit suicide--though I do feel sympathy for the people they hurt, the people they leave behind. In my opinion, it's a completely selfish act to a most of the time temporary problem (especially when in high school); that, no doubt-no argument can and will destroy the lives of others.

(Though in this particular case, it sounds like, the girl had it pretty rough most of her young life).
    I'm about to get real here. Just understand, I'm not attacking you, it's just the notion of selfishness in suicide is something I see often, and it's really not a fair assessment.

I was clinically depressed for a good portion of my high school years. My life wasn't horrible, I had a family that loved me and friends, but, largely stemming from self-esteem issues, I was a really depressed person. Honestly, looking back now, I don't know why, but then I hated everything, and every time something went wrong it just stacked upon the problems I already had. By the time I was a senior my stack of most non-consequential problems, was huge, and then shit actually did start to go bad. My best friend died in a car accident. Then my girlfriend of 3 years broke up with me, at our Senior Prom, because I had become too much of a downer, which I couldn't argue against then, and I definitely can't now. That's when I started thinking about suicide.

Here's the thing: it seems really dumb now, especially since things weren't bad for me, especially compared to a bunch of other kids who have taken their lives, but to those with heavy depression, comparability is nonexistent, and some times it's the little things, not the big, that push someone over the edge. It doesn't seem selfish at the time. In fact, it seems selfish for others to want us to stay and keep suffering. For the most part, those we're going to hurt don't matter, but we care enough about they're feelings to leave a note, but they're suffering could never be as great as ours.

In the end, I was too scared to even really start thinking about how to take my own life.

That was just my experience though, and luckily, over the years things got a lot better. It's been four years since then, and I haven't ever come even half that low, and all the small things that piled up, seem ridiculous though.

Unfortunately, for some people, they can't fathom it getting better, and eventually too many things pile up and they break. Sad? Yes. Preventable? Yes. Selfish? No.

i'll be honest here and admit i think a fair amount of suicides are selfish, though not intentionally. But sadly the people that commit this act are at a point where its not even registering considering the amount of things going on. and that in itself just goes to show how sad this kind of situation is. I think its hard to grasp that life could be that bad that i would want to end it regardless of the destruction and heartache it would bring on my family and friends, but as i said ive never experienced this level of despair so i cant know the inner workings of the mind that comes to this conclusion. some people could take this route because of family, or maybe for them from feeling such a burden.

But at the end of the day whatever the reason behind this ...its sad and really upsetting knowing this happens and on a regular basis. Not just because of the wasted life, the aftermath of event and lifelong reverberations, but because it was probably something that could be avoided, resolved and turned around.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissie View Post
    She doesn't need you or anyone else who was fortunate enough to not be in her shoes even for 5 minutes, to piss on her grave too.

This is another thing that gets me. People who express opinions like Fel's, they act as if they wouldn't have done the same thing if they had been in the victim's situation. As if they would have been thinking so much more logically, as if they wouldn't have done something so "selfish", because obviously the victim had less integrity than they do. And as somebody who can't imagine a life without thoughts of suicide, I can safely say "fuck you" to those people.

I know that they wouldn't last nearly as long as I have, because my pain has cultivated strength in me. Is it enough to keep me alive? How should I know when one bad day could push me over the edge? What's more important is that at this moment, I'm still breathing, despite everything that this world has thrown at me and other people like me. If I die, I shouldn't be remembered as weak, I should be remembered as fucking strong.

And for people who can't even fathom my situation, to say "I never would have killed myself, because I'm one strong motherfucker, I'm not a pussy like that slut", it pisses me the fuck off. I want to say to them, "The fact that she survived for any length of time when she had every reason to die, makes her stronger than you." They wouldn't know strength if it bit them in the ass, because true strength only comes from having been hurt. And if it were possible, I'd dare them to experience that kind of pain and see how long they'd really last. At least they'd develop some semblance of empathy from it.
    Last edited by TheCrystalShip; October 28th, 2012 at 07:35 AM. Reason: This wasn't directed specifically at FelRes, I'm just fucking... Emotional right now.

Berlu's sentence has been commuted to a single year, while 6 blameless scientists get 6 years in prison for "manslaughter" because they couldn't predict the severity of an earthquake. Italy, ladies and gentlemen.

I completely agree with what Crissie said.

When I used to have suicidal thoughts as a teenager, the fact that I have love and support of my family helped me greatly, notion that I would hurt someone if I killed myself also helped me make right decision. Heck, even religious upbringing actually helped me (wasn't scared of Divine punishment, I just have long conversations with God, that helped me sort things out). If I were devoid of it all I have no Idea what would I do.

People have different personalities, some would never commit the act of suicide because in their eyes it's letting the bullies win, but others would give their acts quite different meaning. It doesn't mean they are weaker, they just have different world view. I myself haven't associated depression with the fact of bullying until later on, when I gained more perspective, so as much as I avoid giving bullies satisfaction I just haven't seen connection suicide would have with this.

Suicide may not have much sense to it, it's often just an act of person who got so lost in their lives, that they don't know what to do any more, from the outside it may seem that there is a way out of the situation, but from perspective of person who decide to commit it there appears to be no way out. It doesn't mean that the person lacks the intellectual capacity to resolve the problem, it's just caused by the fact that our perception is limited and that includes perception of our lives.
    "I'm a bad guy! I don't save the day, I don't fly off to the sunset and I don't get the girl! I'm going home."
    - MegaMind

the HMS Bounty has sunk!

most people wont care so much or consider it newsworthy, but ive got a soft spot for galleons so suck it.

http://www.craveonline.com/music/art...forbieber-hoax

4Chan apparently hacked into EntertainmentTonight on twitter and posted "Justin Bieber is diagnosed with Cancer. Show him your support by going bald". And some really foolish and stupid fans actually shaved their heads. Like...how naive can you get?

Those on facebook check 4Chan's page.
    Last edited by Leon; October 29th, 2012 at 10:46 PM.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by Smudger View Post
    the HMS Bounty has sunk!

most people wont care so much or consider it newsworthy, but ive got a soft spot for galleons so suck it.
    You mean the one that was in the Marlon Brando film? Because the real Bounty was sunk a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Inferno View Post
    You are a treasure.

of the Hundred Beasts The Laughing Man's Avatar
    Watching a fat, egg-shaped woman fall down a waterfall.

I'm not as much into Star wars franchise as I used to be, so well I can live without being bothered much
    "I'm a bad guy! I don't save the day, I don't fly off to the sunset and I don't get the girl! I'm going home."
    - MegaMind

http://mashable.com/2012/10/29/table...pian-children/

This is so cool. I really hope they test this out properly soon so that they can get proper funding to launch a wider-scale program. If the reports and results are accurate, the implications could be amazing.
    Handsome man save me from the monsters.

The Devil's best friend.
    Last edited by Bill; November 1st, 2012 at 10:27 AM.

Discovered Stowaway killerbee1000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    Troll of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCrystalShip View Post
    You mean the one that was in the Marlon Brando film? Because the real Bounty was sunk a long time ago.
    yes the replica that has been seen i various pirate-themed movies.

Closed Thread

Thread Information