+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Read me before posting!

Default Read me before posting!

RULES
    1. Do not use any of the translation for scanlation unless you PM that person and ask for the permission. Even if the translator didn't mention anything about permission in his script, it is still better to get personal response.

2. Do not bash/flame any of the translators/scanlators. Constructive response is welcomed.

3. Only talk about that specific individual/group in specific thread, unless you're pointing out some translation doubts.
    ie. In OOO group, they translated page 3 like this but in OOOOO group, then translated it different way. Why?

4. Mainly for the scanlators: Please keep your business private. Telling people you are late because of so and so doesn't help you speed up.

For Translators / Scanlators
    Please use following format for thread titles:

Scanlation: ### Quality - Group - Language
    ie. Scanlation: 421 HQ - KEFI - English

Translation: ### - Translator
    ie. Translation: 421 - oceanizer

This way, threads will be easy to find when sorting by thread titles. Thank you for your cooperation.

Spoiler:

In this forum, any translator or scanlation group is free to post about their releases. Please, one topic per release. For your topic title, please have it in this format:

Group Name - Chapter # - Quality

So for example, if I were to release something from the group Heso, chapter 408, High Quality. The title would look like this:

Heso - 408 - HQ.

===========================================

If you are merely posting a translation, then please have your topic title like this:

Translation - Chapter # - Translator

So if I were to post a translation of chapter 408, the title would look like this:

Translation - 408 - wanderer-zero

If you have any questions, please let me know
    Last edited by oceanizer; July 31st, 2006 at 01:18 PM.

Default Re: Read me before posting!

For translators - Please include if your translation is okay to be used for scanlations.

Bump the thread for the new title format. Please let me know if you have a better idea to organize...

hey there guys. Ok well I had an idea about organizing the "Scanlation/Translation Forum" that is why don't you create sub categories for both major scanlations groups (like there are for fansubbing groups) that are null and rush cause if you see the forums it looks all messy and you get the idea.

Hrmmm. There are not so many forum members' response compare to fansub releases, as well as I don't think not so many scanlators come here to post except making a release note. We'll see...

from the last chapter,some italian people pretends to post the translations of the scripts on this section
    i have the feeling they are wrong,but last word to the staff :)
    are they wrong?
    http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=21848

No they're not. On the other hand, you're bashing this guy translation. Stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiavik View Post
    No they're not. On the other hand, you're bashing this guy translation. Stop.
    ok.i questioned coz i have never seen the scripts from the spoilers translated by aohige and everyone else on this section

royalina

i have the feeling they are wrong,but last word to the staff :
    are they wrong?...last I am wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by wanderer-zero View Post
    RULES
    1. Do not use any of the translation for scanlation unless you PM that person and ask for the permission. Even if the translator didn't mention anything about permission in his script, it is still better to get personal response.
    Is this also true for scanlations (intended as image only) or not?
    Since it is not specifically mentioned, I would assume it is allowed, here on AP.
    Any thoughts on that, please? Thank you! :-)

xD

Quote Originally Posted by cubo View Post
    Is this also true for scanlations (intended as image only) or not?
    Since it is not specifically mentioned, I would assume it is allowed, here on AP.
    Any thoughts on that, please? Thank you! :-)
    It's the same thing. It is allowed if the group gives permission to do so.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information