+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar

Default The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Based on a "novel" by the same name, this is a "slice of life" show that's taking people by the britches and swinging them around sporadically...but DO NOT watch the first episode first, as one will start to hate this series witha VENGEANCE. The second episode puts everything into perspective...well, go ahead and watch the first. I really do not care.

It's good.

Default Re: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

I just saw the first 3 episodes the other day. I think the 1st episode is down to a matter of preferance. I thought it was quite funny in how it was done.

Episode's 2 and 3 were great, especially 3 which was pretty funny.

Looks like it's a great series. Can't wait to see the rest.

エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar

I wonder. Does everyone, not just Nagato (and excluding Kyon) have a secret as well? :D

Captain Smoker Fangirl~! SereneCrimson's Avatar

I've watched the 3 episodes that have been released so far, and I love this series! XD

Anybody else watching this? I've been wacthing for a few months and absolutely love it! It's too bad there are only a few episodes left.

I don't want to ruin it for anyone, but I just love the idea behind Suzumiya's character and how she is the only one in the dark about everything that's happening around her. Of course, Kyon's dry humor in his narration of the story always cracks me up too.

The random episode ordering is definatly... random, but I kind of like the way it's done; it fits with the mood of the show in an odd way. I can't wait to see how they decide to finish this, but I really don't want it to end. Maybe with some luck there will be an OVA in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara
    I can't wait to see how they decide to finish this, but I really don't want it to end. Maybe with some luck there will be an OVA in the future.
    Isn't the novel series still running? If so, I don't think you have to be worried about it ending there... it obviously has a huge following, so if there's more material I'm sure you'll see it animated.

"People say, is it the afro that makes the champion, or the champion that makes the afro...?
    It is still unexplained by modern science!!"

i also think there'll be more in the future. But right now i want Kyoto to make more FMP stuff
    He spent fifteen years getting loaded | Fifteen years 'till his liver exploded | Now what's Bob gonna do now that he can't drink? |

ep 12, with haruhi singing was simply brilliant. i think this series has a quality on the animation which is simply amazing and haruhi is very cute.

the story is... well, completely unlogical but who says it's bad.

yeah ep 12 is definitely great. This reminded me that i have to get the OST
    He spent fifteen years getting loaded | Fifteen years 'till his liver exploded | Now what's Bob gonna do now that he can't drink? |

Daisuke CP9

I'm only up to episode 2 considering how busy I was.

Well, it just took me one episode for me too get me completely hooked to this great anime series. And yeah igalsfy, the story is a bit unlogical, but its still a good series.

And Haruhi is just one amusing and cute character.

The story is just fine, the eps are in a WTF order - but that's perfect for this show

Yes, this has been a wonderful series. Probably the highlight of the year for me so far, considering the piss-poor God awful Naruto fillers amongst other things.
    Episode 12 was just awesomeness because of Haruhi singing. 2 great songs.

I'm sure hoping there will be a second series of this. It'd be a crime against humanity if they didn't give us another series.

AMS

I also hope there is more to the series, maybe another set of 14 episodes would be nice. TOO many short series this season.

Well one season is 13 eps so it's completely normal. It's just that most popular anime is 2 seasons long and then everyone expects so much or more.

Heh, didn't realize there was a thread for this series. Quite an awesome show and its consistency is quite admirable. It's shame that it's coming to an end. More episodes WOULD be nice, but since Kyoto Animation is a small studio and they're focusing their resources on a remake of Kanon now, I guess it's better that they just end it for now on the supposed climax that episode 14 will bring.

Anyone know the names of the songs Suzumiya sang?

The ones she sang in episode 12?

"God Knows" and "Lost my music"

Her seiyuu, Hirano Aya, also sings the OP and in the ED

Thank you. (16....)

Daisuke CP9

*bump*

Okay, rather akward how this anime is super popular almost everywhere I go but not much here is it XD?

Many really need to give this anime a chance ^^. Oh and Terek, any news yet on when Season 2 is coming?

It's not that it's not popular here. Most of us don't have the need to post about it since we already post at all the other places.

And there is no word yet about the season 2.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information