+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there still hope...

3-Swords-Style

Thumbs down Is there still hope...

that Pauli could enter the Strawhat-Crew instead of Franky???

Don´t get me wrong, I like Franky but I can´t imagine to see him for the rest of One Piece. He is a very funny character but I think he won´t evolve that much and in my eyes he is too old and doesn´t fit in. I know Robin is clearly older than the rest of the crew but for some reason she fits in fine. For me she have something of a mother role.

Think about how most of us were suprised when Robin enters the crew and not Vivi. Same yet... everyone think that Franky enters the crew because he fights the CP9 on the side of the Strawhats but Vivi fought with them too.

We are talking about Oda-San... he have always done unexpected things... like girafe xD

And for Paulie... he has an interesting character and an a great fighting-style. I see him more as a character which can evolve and it would be interesting to see him on the side of Sanji and Zoro... a 3-Way-Dance! For me he fits in perfectly in the crew and I like his whole appearance way more than Franky but this is just my opinion.

So what do you think is there hope or not and give me your opinion.

ps
    sorry if there is already a thread so please don´t flame me I´m just a noob

Default Re: Is there still hope...

To be honest, I'm really not a fan of his, but hopefully we can discuss Paulie's chances here, because the Franky and Paulie argument is really tired and lame.

Yeah, I think he still has a chance. But I also think it shrinks with each chapter. Not that Oda isn't wild, but that'd be a waste, imo. Paulie hasn't gone very far beyond the other Galley-La guys, and just throwing him into the crew might be a bit awkward. I mean, I was always sure Vivi wasn't gonna join, so even though Robin was a shock, it didn't seem like Oda just ditched a person with a lot of crew potential.
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Franky
    Bad move, bub!

If Paulie is to join the crew, than it won't be happening this arc, in my opinion. Maybe he tags along for some time (like Yosaku and Johnny) but ends up joining later. Oda left some things open with him, like his pechant for gamble and his debts. Oda is the kind of storyteller that creates no loose ends: if he mentions it in some story, than it may important later. Paulie was the only Galley-lah that had some hints of his background (again, the debts, and his aversion of vulgar women). All other Galley-lah were just shades with little background.

So, there is a very thin chance. I think Franky is going to join. That's certain. But, if somehow Paulie keeps helping the crew until after they leave Water 7, than maybe we may delve into his past and he will have more chance do join.
    No, I'm not back. I never left. It's just that it has been a long time since I had something to say.

I seriously think there's little to none chance for Pauli to enter the Straw Hat Crew instead of Franky, even though the speculations may prove the opposite? =O

But it's been a while since the Straw Hats got a new recruit (during the span of a few Arcs, that's not damn much, but regarding how quick they take recruits, I would be surprised if Franky nor Pauli joined), therefore one of those two will join, IMHO.

But Pauli won't almost for certain join the Straw Hats, 'cause of his loyalty to the Galley-La Company.

My first fucking day on this forum, and you just pop in here and call me a "fucking gaylord"? HOW NICE.

*looks around for a "report post to a Mod-button*

>_>; I'll just wait and see if a Moderator/higher respected member sees this nonsense and punishes you, Bored, for acting childish. :mellow:

3-Swords-Style

Quote Originally Posted by CP9 Encore
    I seriously think there's little to none chance for Pauli to enter the Straw Hat Crew instead of Franky, even though the speculations may prove the opposite? =O

But it's been a while since the Straw Hats got a new recruit (during the span of a few Arcs, that's not damn much, but regarding how quick they take recruits, I would be surprised if Franky nor Pauli joined), therefore one of those two will join, IMHO.

But Pauli won't almost for certain join the Straw Hats, 'cause of his loyalty to the Galley-La Company.
    Talking about loyality
    Sanji has a great loyality to Zeff too but as we know he joined the crew.

It may have been said a thousand times on that forum or any other discussion regarding this subject, but as soon as I saw Franky and remembered Luffy's sketch of what would be the ideal shipwright for him I had no doubts that Franky would be the next Mugiwara pirate. It's just typical Oda's foreshadowing, can't be just a coincidence.

I have my doubts... seriously. Franky's too much into the Mugiwara action than Paulie, even though his presence is important too.
    But with Oda you can never say (the giraffe thing just got me all confused :P) so... probably the best thing to do is to wait and see.
    ~*The princess and the swordsman*~
    How can you not fall in love with him?
    *>Zoro x Vivi shipper forever<*

3-Swords-Style

Quote Originally Posted by CP9 Encore
    My first fucking day on this forum, and you just pop in here and call me a "fucking gaylord"? HOW NICE.

*looks around for a "report post to a Mod-button*

>_>; I'll just wait and see if a Moderator/higher respected member sees this nonsense and punishes you, Bored, for acting childish. :mellow:
    Forget him he isn´t worthy to talk with him when he just talk trash like this

In all honesy I never thought Franky will join and I still don't. Yeah, sure, he's seen a lot of action, has a background and is currently fighting alongside the SHs, but in the end he has no reason to join. He has his crew, his friends, his home in Water 7. The SHs have nothing to offer him from what we've seen so far.
    I can see Franky joining only if there is a bounty put on his head after EL and he has to flee to avoid puting Iceberg and W7 in danger. I see no other reason for him to leave.
    Paulie on the other hand is much more like the SHs, much younger and I can certainly see him coming with them for a number of reasons. And there is still a chance he has snuck on the train again and will help the SHs in the battle.

I don't particularly like either of them, Franky is funnier in the short term, but a couple of arks with him and he'd probably just be annoying. Paulie has much more potential for development and interesting interactions with the crew, so my preferences are for him.

There is also another possibility - that no one joins or that one of the CP9s joins. It's not very likely but I can see it happening. Until recently I would have fancied Kaku joining, but there is no way on earth there's gonna be another swordsman in the crew, so that's out.

I think the chances of joining are something like this:

Franky - 50%
    Paulie - 30%
    Someone elce - 10%
    No one - 10%

well, that's just me though...
    Only human.

Sanji has a great loyality to Zeff too but as we know he joined the crew.

Mm, you are damned correct there, my friend. Yet I feel that Franky's chances are MUCH bigger.

Franky is joining. He has all that a Strawhat needs.
    I do not see this as Franky vs. Paulie anymore, but if Pauly is going to join together with Franky (two joining at once? Not impossible, but very unlikely).
    However, I think Paulie is out. I would bet that there is 99% of chance that Paulie is not going to join. However, I would like to know more about his past.
    No, I'm not back. I never left. It's just that it has been a long time since I had something to say.

I assume that in the middle of Pauli's battle VS the CP9, he's going to end up at the brink of death, and some guy like Usopp, Zoro or Sanji may rescue him, and as he "lays on the brink o' death", he may recieve a flashback..

But Franky may get unintresting.

Sorry if I'm contradicting myself now. :mellow:

3-Swords-Style

I also think that Franky will join but like I said for me he doesn´t fit in and I´m afraid that he will get boring with the time. For now he is pretty funny but I can´t see him stay funny... I can´t say why. It is just a feeling

Oda can´t let Pauli stay in W7. His fighting-style is so unique and I bet that Oda gave a lot of work in that.

I don't think Paulie's supposed to fight against the CP9.

Plus, seriously, how could you prefer some Smoker lookalike who fights with ropes to a goddamn cyborg who has a sh*tload of crazy original attacks and tricks? And Franky definitly "feels" more like a Mugiwara, don't know how to explain it exactly.

No, I don't see him joining anymore. Besides two character joining the crew at the same time would be... too much of a hassle. I'll pretend to be a broken record again and say: Pauly would make a nice splashpage character, but not more.
    Quote Originally Posted by yns
    In all honesy I never thought Franky will join and I still don't.
    Then let Oda surprise you... it would be a huge twist out of nowhere. At least for one person... :laugh:

By the way, Encore, reading that font style rips my eyes off. It's just too annoying to read (letters are too close to each others). As a favour for your fellow forum mate, or for mates as I'm sure I'm not the only one who has hard time reading it, could you do it in a... a normal way. Or if you really need to use a special font, anything else would do it. I mean anything. Pretty please?
    Last edited by Yoska; February 26th, 2006 at 10:30 AM.

Franky does fit perfectly in the crew. And I don't think he will lose his fun over time. Character interaction and development is one of the things Oda does really well. It will be funny to have Franky interacting with all the others (specially Luffy, Zoro, Nami and Chopper, who are yet to interact with him).

So, he's in a color spread, is fighting CP9, has a sad past, and a unique fighting style... And you don't think he even has a chance of joining? I'm speechless.

I'd say that, by now, any chances of Paulie joining are roughly nil. Unless Oda pulls some super-presto-magi-facto plot twist, Paulie's set on the sidelines, it seems. It's a pity, yes, but I'd say a cover story is pretty much guaranteed for him, if nothing else.

Signature by Bandit-King
    Halcyon Days

hehe, Yoska, it wouldn't be that much of a surprise - I think his chances of joining are very high, higher than Paulie's. I just don't see him in the crew in the long term, but that's just me being weird :)
    Only human.

I think Franky would be perfect for the crew. Putting aside the fact that he was in a color spread, he had a sad past, he has a unique fighting style, and that he's fighting CP9 alongside the strawhats. He's just a incredibly weird and quirky character(even more than Paulie) that just fits with the strawhats.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information