+ Reply to Thread
Page 355 of 355 FirstFirst ... 255 305 345 353 354 355
Results 7,081 to 7,094 of 7094

Thread: What are you Playing?

  1. #7081
    The Album Guy Nobodyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Virginia, US

    Default Re: What are you Playing?

    Playing Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic for the first time.

    I don't know. I don't think this game has aged particularly well. Obviously the graphics are dated, but the overall presentation and combat are fairly unengaging and talking with NPCs can get pretty tedious. But it is a very chill game at least. The overworld is pretty much always open to you and you can proceed with the game at whatever pace you're comfortable with.

  2. #7082
    The Eater of Worlds Pennywise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Germany

    Default Re: What are you Playing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zar View Post
    Spoiler:
    I highly recommend you play them in order. While the second game does an okay job of getting new players up to speed it's crammed full of references and characters you'll have no connection to if you didn't play them in order. Plus the intro spoils the most interesting twists of the first game which is... yeah....

    If you do go ahead and play them, I'd recommend the PC port and once you're done look up the 1.5th game Rhombus of Ruin on YouTube (unless you have a VR set, then I say play it).

    I can't recommend this series enough, it's one of my absolute favourites. That said it's not for everyone - if you're looking for a good platformer game this 'aint it. These games live or die depending on whether you enjoy the story and setting. If you don't, you should probably spend time on something else.
    Just finished the 1st Psychonauts. I'm so in love with the setting and story, I really can't stress that enough. Milkman Conspiracy level had me in tears, and for a game from 2005 it plays surprisingly well. Well, everything except for the platforming parts, holy shit. Even with a controller (played on Xbox One) it's so infuriating. Paired with the "oldschool" level design... Meat Circus almost had me quit the game, but in the end I pushed trough and persevered. If part 2 can deliver the same humor and charm with modern controls it has the potential to become one of my favorites for sure, so let's go!
    We all float down here!

  3. #7083

    Default Re: What are you Playing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pennywise View Post
    Just finished the 1st Psychonauts. I'm so in love with the setting and story, I really can't stress that enough. Milkman Conspiracy level had me in tears, and for a game from 2005 it plays surprisingly well. Well, everything except for the platforming parts, holy shit. Even with a controller (played on Xbox One) it's so infuriating. Paired with the "oldschool" level design... Meat Circus almost had me quit the game, but in the end I pushed trough and persevered. If part 2 can deliver the same humor and charm with modern controls it has the potential to become one of my favorites for sure, so let's go!
    I'm so happy you liked the game
    It's incredibly unique. I'm going through a youtube playlist where the devs play through the game and comment on it and there's a lot of fun stuff. Apparently they had a real conspiracy theorist hanging around outside their office and that's where the Milkman level came from (there's also a video where the devs watch a speedrunner break their game which is pretty fun). And I agree on the platforming. The game's great... until you gotta run across a rope, traverse a roof or god forbid save a kid from getting brutally murdered by bunnies in a vertical platforming escort mission. Meat Circus especially is infamous for how terrible it is, not even the most loyal of fans will defend it. Even though I've grown fond of it over the years, now that I'm nearing my third playthrough I'm still nervous.

    You're gonna love the second game. It basically took all the good stuff from the first one but gave it actual good gameplay. I still have some nitpicks but compared to the original it's so much better. And there's no bullshit like the Meat Circus.
    Wano Predictions
    Spoiler:


  4. #7084

    Default Re: What are you Playing?

    Metroid Dread was a blast, really enjoyed that.
    Guess next could be Disco Elysium, but i want to wait to get a better deal on it.
    UnrevealedVegapunk/Ryokugyu/Loki/Rocks/Im-san
    IslandElbaf/Raftel/GodValley
    UnresolvedWeevil´s plan/Explaining DFs/Deal with Kuma-Bonney´s past/Joy-Boy/Zunisha´s story/Rocks flashback/Void Century/Rioponeglyph/Uranus/the D.clan
    DFWind/Metal/Wood/Acid/Liquid/Time-Stop

  5. #7085

    Default Re: What are you Playing?

    Playing through AI: The Somnium Files (when I’m procrastinating on Reddit and KO City)

    It’s a quirky but fun murder mystery style visual novel. Just hope I can finish the whole thing while it’s on and while I have Game Pass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284




  6. #7086

    Default Re: What are you Playing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Playing through AI: The Somnium Files (when I’m procrastinating on Reddit and KO City)

    It’s a quirky but fun murder mystery style visual novel. Just hope I can finish the whole thing while it’s on and while I have Game Pass.
    I've been meaning to check this one out.

    how is it in terms of writing, plot and characters?
    HOW COME LUFFY NEVER KILLS AN ENEMY?
    ODA:ITS BECAUSE IN THAT ERA EVERYONE USES THEIR LIVES TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS. FOR AN ENEMY WHEN THEIR DREAM HAS BEEN SHATTERED,IT IS AS PAINFUL AS DEATH,I BELIEVE FOR A PIRATE NOT TO KILL AN ENEMY , IT'S GIVING THEM A SECOND CHANCE TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS.

  7. #7087

    Default Re: What are you Playing?

    I haven’t played too far but the writing is okay I guess, weird and somewhat confusing at times but it can be fun at times.

    The characters in particular the two leads are enjoyable Aiba is probably my favorite of two due to her eccentric behavior though Date has his moments.

    Plot is hard to grasp in full ATM due to still not having gotten too far and there being branching paths though the one I played mostly through had some deaths and a plot twist I wasn’t really expecting. Which of course netted me my first Dead End which requires me to I guess do something elsewhere in the game to proceed further.

    The Somnium Worlds of the three I’ve experienced and thus far aren’t terribly complicated but you’ll probably fail a least one since the exact actions you have to take aren’t always clear.
    Last edited by Green_vs_Red; October 29th, 2021 at 04:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284




  8. #7088
    The Album Guy Nobodyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Virginia, US

    Default Re: What are you Playing?

    I've finally taken the plunge into the Resident Evil franchise and started with the remake of the original Resident Evil (Chris Redfield run). I'm close to the end now and I'd say it's been a pretty good time all around. It's challenging, the puzzles are rewarding (though there are few kinda bullshit ones I had to look up) and, of course, the game creates an amazingly creepy and scary atmosphere. Now for some complaints:

    -The constantly changing camera angles are pretty frustrating. I mean, maybe that was the intent to make the game more disorienting, and it certainly makes the game more cinematic, but...yeah. Constantly having to realign myself and find my bearings isn't a lot of fun.

    -Okay, I get the idea behind having limited storage space. It creates a sense of vulnerability and makes it so you can't overload with weapons and healing items, which is fine. But in regards to collectible items that you need to solve puzzles, it just makes things really tedious. I feel like adding 2-3 more slots would've been the ideal balance. Or, better, just make collectible items separate from weapons/healing items and make it so you can carry an infinite number of them.

    And...actually I don't have any major complaints beyond that. Sometimes it does get frustrating trying to find items in a room since they often blend in with the background, but color system in the map at least makes that tolerable. I'm also kind of split on the save system. On the one hand, yeah, it adds to the vulnerability that you can only save so many times, but it also means I sometimes have to stop playing a bit earlier than I'd like as I can't quite commit another half hour or so to the game.

    Actually, that's kind of the brilliant thing about this game is that even if zombies, or zombie dogs, or hunters, or giant spiders, or the insane face-stealing girl don't scare you (and I'd be very surprised if at least one of those things didn't at least get a startle out of you) the one thing you are guaranteed to be afraid of in this time is losing your progress. Nothing scarier than time wasted.

    Also, I really like the crows. How they make that weird sound that kind of sounds like a zombie, so you're never sure if it's them or a zombie. And even then the crows can attack you sometimes!

    Definitely see why people love this franchise and I'm looking forward to seeing how they build on and (hopefully) improve the formula in future games.

  9. #7089

    Default Re: What are you Playing?

    I started playing Hat in Time, which came out in 2017. I have other gamers on my backlog that I want to start including a ton of lengthy RPGS... but this one is supposed to be short. And it's notoriously one of like 4 games in the last decade Yahtzee of Zero Punctuatioin has unabashedly liked (Along with Portal 1, Undertale, and Obra Dinn).

    I was just super charmed immediately within the first screen. There's a giant pillow mountain you can dive into! And the Mafia guys are hilarious, and the maps are big and vibrant and full of craziness.... it's a lot of fun.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

    Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

  10. #7090

    Default Re: What are you Playing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    -The constantly changing camera angles are pretty frustrating. I mean, maybe that was the intent to make the game more disorienting, and it certainly makes the game more cinematic, but...yeah. Constantly having to realign myself and find my bearings isn't a lot of fun.
    That's why they have the "tank controls," so that even if your camera perspective changes between rooms, your reference point does not. I get why people complain but I always thought it was really cool and hardly ever counterintuitive (exceptions are rooms where I need to be able to react quickly due to enemies but I don't even realize where I am right away, or something like that). I think it's pretty cinematic and was probably originally also so they could do all the really awesome pre-rendered backgrounds that were way above the capabilities of real-time rendering.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    -Okay, I get the idea behind having limited storage space. It creates a sense of vulnerability and makes it so you can't overload with weapons and healing items, which is fine. But in regards to collectible items that you need to solve puzzles, it just makes things really tedious. I feel like adding 2-3 more slots would've been the ideal balance. Or, better, just make collectible items separate from weapons/healing items and make it so you can carry an infinite number of them.
    You maybe should've started with Jill; she has two extra inventory slots and she has a lockpick so you don't have to keep picking up those small keys. In exchange she has less HP but it's still a much more forgiving experience. Also, Resident Evil 0, which many people dislike but I love, gives you the ability to drop items on the ground which alleviates some of this. Of course, there are no item boxes so you also have to lug things around lol. But ultimately you get used to the small inventory and you'd be surprised how cool it can feel when you know the game and can optimize your routing.

  11. #7091

    Default Re: What are you Playing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    the puzzles are rewarding (though there are few kinda bullshit ones I had to look up)
    For your sake you better no lt play the original version of Nemesis. Which has bar none the most shitty puzzle (at least of the games I’ve played).


    Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post

    -Okay, I get the idea behind having limited storage space. It creates a sense of vulnerability and makes it so you can't overload with weapons and healing items, which is fine. But in regards to collectible items that you need to solve puzzles, it just makes things really tedious. I feel like adding 2-3 more slots would've been the ideal balance. Or, better, just make collectible items separate from weapons/healing items and make it so you can carry an infinite number of them
    You’re going to be in for a real treat if you ever wind up playing Zero.

    Edit: Foolio already spoiled it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284




  12. #7092
    The Album Guy Nobodyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Virginia, US

    Default Re: What are you Playing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    That's why they have the "tank controls," so that even if your camera perspective changes between rooms, your reference point does not. I get why people complain but I always thought it was really cool and hardly ever counterintuitive (exceptions are rooms where I need to be able to react quickly due to enemies but I don't even realize where I am right away, or something like that). I think it's pretty cinematic and was probably originally also so they could do all the really awesome pre-rendered backgrounds that were way above the capabilities of real-time rendering.
    Funny story. I actually didn't realize until just today when I was close to finishing the game that I could use the D-pad on my controller to walk and enter "tank mode" as you say. For most of the game I'd just been using the joystick, which also works as autorun, because I guess that's just how the controls were set up. It's really funny because I think I stumbled on it on accident and not because of the mandatory walking fuel tank puzzle, which, you know, had I not known about walking, could've given me quite a headache trying to figure out.

    You maybe should've started with Jill; she has two extra inventory slots and she has a lockpick so you don't have to keep picking up those small keys. In exchange she has less HP but it's still a much more forgiving experience. Also, Resident Evil 0, which many people dislike but I love, gives you the ability to drop items on the ground which alleviates some of this. Of course, there are no item boxes so you also have to lug things around lol. But ultimately you get used to the small inventory and you'd be surprised how cool it can feel when you know the game and can optimize your routing.
    Yeah, I learned that a little too late that Jill is apparently the easier run. Still gonna play her run later on to get the full experience.

    In the meantime, I just started Portal 2 today. Oh GLaDOS you magnificently evil bitch, I missed you.

  13. #7093

    Default Re: What are you Playing?

    Oh yeah I forgot the remastered version gives you “modern” controls. You can turn that off. But it makes juking zombies super easy and is almost cheating in that sense lol.

  14. #7094

    Default Re: What are you Playing?

    Been playing Persona 5 Royal. I think I'm nearing the end. People weren't kidding when they said this was a long one, as I'm around 100 hours in now. Somehow it hasn't felt too long though.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts