+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Scales of Justice - a Mafia Game

Default Re: Scales of Justice - a Mafia Game

Thanks for pointing out that link, I might have just missed half of the setup... :v

So the mafia has already picked one of three powers for themselves. I will now speculate what they have chosen and base my picks for town powers on that.

I think it's unlikely that they went with Godfather. It only interacts with the cop which we might not pick. Of course, a cop is super cool and we probably should pick one. But still, I don't think a godfather ability is really all that useful when we know it might be in play. And when it's endgame we may have a good read on what power mafia has (or does not have).

A Strongman circumvents both, the doctor and the roleblocker. The Ninja makes Tracker and Watcher useless. Both of those mafia powers seem almost equally likely to me. I know what I would pick, but it's kind of a 50-50 for me. Plus the 20% chance of them going for godfather after all. Hm? 120%? Yeah, that's rude of them.

I think choosing a cop is sort of a given. My second pick would be either Tracker or Watcher. They are just more proactive then Doctor and Roleblocker. I prefer somebody dying and us finding out who did it over nobody dying and us kind of confirming a Townie, if you can follow me.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

I don't know about the random course. I do want to see Kirby answer whether the randomly selected powers would be made public. But as of right now, I'd rather choose the powers 'myself'/with Town

Quote Originally Posted by kmohyudin View Post
    Suicide. Six gun shots to the back of my head. Didn't stand a chance.
    This had big Chicago vibes for me, but no, it's not a quote from Cell Block Tango. XD

Anyway, my lawnmower malfunctioned. It wasn't pretty. Lots of screaming, and blood, and body parts flying. But I got it to work eventually. Then a blimp crashed on me.

So general questions for everybody then:

1) Random choice of powers, yes or no?
    2) If no, which powers to pick and why?
    3) How useful do you think it is to speculate on the mafia power?

And this one is just for Shuhan:
    What do you think of my picks?

How original is it to still have this in my signature 5 years later?

Quote Originally Posted by Huschel View Post
    This had big Chicago vibes for me, but no, it's not a quote from Cell Block Tango. XD
    Maybe it is. My superpower is half remembering jokes and then telling them in a decidedly less funny fashion.

So general questions for everybody then:

1. It's an option. Just like to point out that Kirby said that they would be probably at random, whatever that means.
    2. I think it's still beneficial to have a cop. I am not sure what benefit a role blocker would have considering it is supposed to disable active abilities, which feels more anti town. Second choice I would probably roll a dice for watcher, tracker or doctor, though I am a bit leaning against the later.
    3. On a scale from 1 to 2, a solid 2. Though truthfully, I think for me it just leads down to WIFOM hell. So rather than speculate, I would just say that if it were me, I would probably go for a strongman.
    Will give life altering advice for a cup of frothy cappuccino

Quote Originally Posted by Shuhan View Post
    Oh and I died when I traded my soul to know what happens at the end of Loki. I was then pruned for knowing knowledge that I shouldn't have...but it's nice to be able to hang out with all my pruned copies!
    Well, at least you know the ending now! Hope it was worth it! o:

Anyway, my lawnmower malfunctioned. It wasn't pretty. Lots of screaming, and blood, and body parts flying. But I got it to work eventually. Then a blimp crashed on me.
    Damn, that sounds brutal.... I'm so sorry. Makes it feel like my death wasn't as bad compared to y'all.

Yes! Random is always fun, though I do want to try to choose roles to see what else comes up. Then I go from there!

Cop, Roleblocker and Doctor feel like the best ones to me. Tracker is alright, and Watcher feels like it only valuable if we know that person might be targeted. I am stuck though, so I'm either Cop and Roleblocker or Cop and Doctor, though Doctor and Roleblocker be an interesting combination.

Hmmm, what do you mean by power? Like speculate what roles they have?

2. I think it's still beneficial to have a cop. I am not sure what benefit a role blocker would have considering it is supposed to disable active abilities, which feels more anti town.
    I mean if we suspected someone that might be mafia and not sure it can be used to block their active abilities, hence why I chose it. Though when choosing my picks, I don't think how it would benefit the mafia. Hmm. You do have a point there.

Though the only useless ability for Mafia be Cop, as Mafia know who is Mafia, Cop won't help with that unless there is a third party. So, I'm sure we all can decide for one of the roles to be Cop? Since it be useless for the Mafia compared to the other ones.

Maybe we can do Cop for one of the roles, and the other one can be random, so we can go for the best of both worlds. What do y'all think?

Stay foxy out there! Kitsune Inferno's Avatar

Hey everyone, I'll be around more tomorrow. Sorry I missed the game start. Was doing family stuff all day. Didn't think the game would start at 2 in the morning rip.

DAY ZERO - UPDATE

If I end up picking random roles for the town, then I will not announce what they are except via PM to the players whose roles changed.

Sorry for the day’s unexpected start time, if you would like to extend the day for more discussion time, then let me know.

21 hours remain.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbycide View Post
    If I end up picking random roles for the town, then I will not announce what they are except via PM to the players whose roles changed.
    Cool. I think that's a point in favor of going full random. What do you guys think?

Sorry for the day’s unexpected start time, if you would like to extend the day for more discussion time, then let me know.
    You don't have to apologize. As they say, its always expected start time somewhere. For once, that was for me :D.

I would wait until the end of the day is nearer before considering any extensions.

Cool. I think that's a point in favor of going full random. What do you guys think?
    Can you elaborate why you think so?

4 of us a sort of around, Kitsune will be here tomorrow. What's up with the other three? Are we sure about that no lynch on Day 1?

Can you elaborate why you think so?
    I think because it might help if Mafia didn't know what roles we have. Less the information, more the slipups, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbycide View Post
    I'm all up for an extension! Especially for some of the members here who live in the United States, as it was a holiday and they might or might not have been celebrating it xD

(I wasn't, regular day to me for Independence Day.)

I think because it might help if Mafia didn't know what roles we have. Less the information, more the slipups, I believe.
    I can see that in theory, but there's also some benefit to us knowing what the roles are. I'm not sure which is better, to be honest. Actually, I think I like starla's plan of voting for a cop and letting the second power be random.

Quote Originally Posted by starlalilymoon View Post
    I'm all up for an extension! Especially for some of the members here who live in the United States, as it was a holiday and they might or might not have been celebrating it xD

(I wasn't, regular day to me for Independence Day.)
    Oh yeah, an extension would make sense, I suppose.

stara, your last three paragraphs in #43 makes me think that you are not entirely clear about the setup. It seems like you think that the mafia might end up with the powers we pick. Maybe I'm reading it wrong.

stara, your last three paragraphs in #43 makes me think that you are not entirely clear about the setup. It seems like you think that the mafia might end up with the powers we pick. Maybe I'm reading it wrong.
    No no, you reading it right. So, only townies get the powers? Sorry for being confused >.<

Sorry for my lack of activity everyone! I was super busy with 4th of July prepping, partying, and the hangover I'm still fighting against x.x

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wait... you mean I'm... You mean we're... We're dead?!?! Oh god... What happened? Don't tell me, that watermelon seed I ate ACTUALLY turned into a plant?? Or maybe it was the pop rocks and soda... Oh god what have I done?

Well, I'm happy there's SOMETHING after death! And I'm happy I'm not alone! And just look at this gorgeous sea!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would be okay with random roles. If we decide not to go the random route, I'm leaning towards voting Doctor and Cop. They seem the least likely to aid the mafia. Roleblocker, for example, could accidentally stop the doctor from saving someone. However, Doctor can stop a murder and Cop can directly help with information gathering.

Like I said Huschel, my Pick would be cop and some kind of investigative role. So I agree with your picks, but I happened to think about the random decision. On one hand, it prevents scum from knowing what roles are in play, the issue is neither does anyone else other than the power users. It would be easy for the scum to sow chaos by claiming bogus roles and cause even further chance of mislynches.

DAY ZERO - UPDATE

Eight players are alive, five votes are required to select each of the two roles to be distributed to town members at the end of the day.

6 hours remain.

Guess I'm just sticking with voting for cop and making the 2nd one random, feels like the best bet and it be a little fun too.

Vote: [Cop]

I also will vote to extend the day, for hopefully for more discussion about this, unless everyone wants it to be random roles for both! o:

Vote: Extend Day

I agree with cop and random!

Stay foxy out there! Kitsune Inferno's Avatar

Ack, super busy outside of the game. I'm down for doing Cop plus Random if that's what everyone wants to do. I'll vote to Vote: Extend Day if people want to buy some more time for discussion. But I'm also fine if we just go full random.

DAY ZERO - UPDATE

Due to the holiday, I've made an executive decision to extend the day another 24 hours.

Eight players are alive, five votes are required to select each of two roles to be distributed to town members at the end of the day.

Cop: starlalilymoon, Fizzie

24 hours remain.

I might as well do this: Vote: [Cop]

Fizzie, what power do you think the mafia has chosen?

Quote Originally Posted by Fizzie View Post
    I agree with cop and random!

Quoting to scare you for good measure.

Discovered Stowaway No swords style best style's Avatar

Ack, so, so sorry about the lack of activity until, the holiday and something that came up yesterday had me busier than expected. I'll just say that I agree with the cop and random idea after reading everything in the thread and I can get on tonight to vote or discuss our options some more if need be.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information