+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Scales of Justice - a Mafia Game

Default Re: Scales of Justice - a Mafia Game

Quote Originally Posted by SomebodyUDon'tKnow View Post
    Shit! Put me in the audience, too!
    You can join the game if you want to, let me know in the next few hours!

Finishing up some last minute planning, should have everyone’s role PMs out in the next day or so.

I've sent out preliminary role PMs to everyone. Make a post here to confirm that you've received it and are ready to play!

Received and ready to play! :D
    Will give life altering advice for a cup of frothy cappuccino

Received and ready to play!

ready to roll and ready to go
    HOW COME LUFFY NEVER KILLS AN ENEMY?
    ODA:ITS BECAUSE IN THAT ERA EVERYONE USES THEIR LIVES TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS. FOR AN ENEMY WHEN THEIR DREAM HAS BEEN SHATTERED,IT IS AS PAINFUL AS DEATH,I BELIEVE FOR A PIRATE NOT TO KILL AN ENEMY , IT'S GIVING THEM A SECOND CHANCE TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS.

I received my role and I'm ready to play!

Same here

How original is it to still have this in my signature 5 years later?

Received and ready!

Stay foxy out there! Kitsune Inferno's Avatar

Locked and loaded :D

Quote Originally Posted by No swords style best style View Post
    snip
    Psst. Hey. Hey, you.

Discovered Stowaway No swords style best style's Avatar

Sorry for the late reply, ready to go!

Kirby, I hope you know I'm going to read everything you say in this thread in Monokuma's voice from Danganronpa x3

~~~~~~

The cold, quiet darkness was smothering. It was permeating. You felt it chilling your very soul, blackening even your mind's eye. For what seemed like an eternity, it held you in its frigid embrace, promising never to release you from its unfathomable gloom.

"... alright, now."

You wondered for a moment if you had imagined it. The thin voice came to you as if through a thousand leagues of cotton, but even so, you felt strangely comforted by its words. This freezing shadow wasn't right. No, it couldn't be. This wasn't the end you had expected, not the afterlife you were promised. But now, surely, everything would be alright.

"I said, alright, now! Come on, that's quite enough. Open your damned eyes."

You suddenly remembered that you had eyes, and that they indeed were closed. And so, you opened them. Gradually remembering your body's faculties, you sat up. You looked around, blinking in the pale light that bathed you and your surroundings. Above you stretched an endless sky of azure, encompassing beneath it a long, winding, sandy shoreline. The soft, fine sand warmed your palms and buttocks as cool waves of crystal clear water gently lapped at your feet. To your sides, you noticed seven strangers as they also slowly sat up to take in the vista. And what a vista it was. Absolutely breathtaking. Truly remarkable. Except for one thing.

For some annoying reason, floating back and forth in front of your face was a pink puffball, which insisted on constantly huffing and sighing irritably. It stubbornly refused to let you take in the sights and sounds, instead demanding your attention for itself.

"Finally," exasperatedly said the pink puffball. "Welcome, all of you, to Limbo."

Limbo?

"Yes, that's what I said," it continued after a second. "Limbo. That's what you call this place."

The puffball gestured around as it continued to float and bob through the air in front of you. Then it turned to you again, sighed deeply, and pointed at itself.

"Kirby," it said. "That's what you call me. Limbo. Kirby. Look, you should already know this, but just so we're all on the same page, I'll spell it out for you. You screwed up. You were supposed to have made the judgment of your eternal souls easier in your last life. It's not often that the deceased end up here, instead of Heaven or Hell. But when they do, well, this is what happens. You become my problem."

Then the puffball floated closer, lowered through the sweet smelling breeze, and landed. The shallow crystal tide, ebbing and flowing with a slow and persistent rhythm, calmly rippled around the feet of the pink thing. It started to pace back and forth in front of you and the other strangers, sending small splashes up with each plopping footfall.

"And you know what?" it asked. "I'll tell you what. I'm tired of it, frankly. It's such a bother having to go through the whole rigmarole. And so, I've decided. No more. Well, not this time, anyway."

The pink creature then stopped in its tracks and quickly turned away, gazing out over the watery horizon. It let out a soft chuckle.

"No... you see... this time... this time, I think we'll play a little game, instead. And just so that it's interesting, I'm going to give some of my power to you first. But not all of you. And not all of my power. Where'd be the fun in that?"

Slowly, deliberately, the puffball turned around again to gaze deeply into your eyes.

"So, enough. Let's get started already," it said as a mischievous grin began to widen across its strange, little, round face.

~~~~~~

DAY ZERO - BEGIN

Eight players are alive.

Today, there will be no lynch votes. Instead, a majority of five votes are required to select each of two special town-aligned roles, to be distributed at random to members of the town at the end of the day. The available roles to choose from are outlined in your preliminary role PMs.

To vote for a role, simply type, "Vote: [Role Name]". If you later wish to remove your vote for a given role, then type, "Unvote: [Role Name]".

Each player gets two distinct votes, no more, no less.

If a majority is not reached by the end of the day, then Kirby will choose the role(s) for you. Probably at random.

48 hours remain.

Quiet, guess I'll open this can of worms.

I'll start off by saying I am for at least cop being one of the picks, with doctor being a close second. Some protection is nice and an investigation role seems prudent as well.

I am open for discussion though, what is everyone else's take.

*still in shock that I died* Hello all! I'm still trying not to think how I died... I got run over by a vanilla ice cream truck... it was very tragic. The dude was drinking alcohol and eating ice cream out of all things!

So, now I'm in this weird area with all of you. How did each of you died?

Quote Originally Posted by starlalilymoon View Post
    How did each of you died?
    Suicide. Six gun shots to the back of my head. Didn't stand a chance.

I am honestly wondering if not voting and letting Kirby decide would be better.

Question for Kirby would you publicly announce what roles were selected or just let the beneficiary know via pm?

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

That second paragraph was a reply to shuhan. Death makes me screw up multiquotes -.-

Plus Mafia can still vote on this. With 2 Mafia's, that's one fourth the voting power and a lot of sway via discussion that I am not comfortable with.

It would be best if we get a set of powers that Mafia is not equipped to handle. Going truly random doesn't seem so bad. None of the powers are bad per se. It's just that hopefully Mafia can't counter them.

Also beautiful word painting Kirby. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I'm not sure yet what to vote for yet... hmmm, I think maybe cop be good for finding out who are the bad guys are, and roleblocker to block any actions from anyone we find super suspicious, but wasn't lynched yet.

Quote Originally Posted by kmohyudin View Post
    Suicide. Six gun shots to the back of my head. Didn't stand a chance.
    Holy cow... you must have had it super bad. What drove you to suicide?

Quote Originally Posted by kmohyudin View Post
    Plus Mafia can still vote on this. With 2 Mafia's, that's one fourth the voting power and a lot of sway via discussion that I am not comfortable with.
    Hmm, that is true. But how would any of the roles benefit the mafia? Unless they are able to get them too? Hmmm. *insert thinking emote*

Holy cow... you must have had it super bad. What drove you to suicide?
    I got made an offer that I couldn't refuse... :/

But how would any of the roles benefit the mafia?
    If you read the wiki link that Kirby posted in the OP (here) you will note that Mafia too get to choose their powers that are counter balanced with our choices. If we choose Cop for example, and they had picked Mafia Godfather (which shows as town on investigation), it would stunt our strength.

I'm all for randomness myself if that is the general consensus, but my picks are where I'm at if we do vote.

Oh and I died when I traded my soul to know what happens at the end of Loki. I was then pruned for knowing knowledge that I shouldn't have...but it's nice to be able to hang out with all my pruned copies!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information