Closed Thread
Page 150 of 321 FirstFirst ... 50 100 140 148 149 150 151 152 160 200 250 ... LastLast
Results 2,981 to 3,000 of 6405

Thread: American Politics: So long Trump!

Default Re: American Politics: We're in for it now

Libertarians struggle with the idea that even if something is allowed/legal doesn't not make it shitty to do.
    Like being say middle aged and going after college kids. Sure it's not illegal, but you're still a huge creep loser.

Of course knowing libertarians, they already have plenty of issues with even 18 existing as a legal limit.

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    Not voting is what let the inept and corrupt like the Turtle and the annoying orange to get their positions in the first place.
    I was under pretense that McConnell being re-elected was do to there being a lot of stupid, ignorant people who believe that Mitch McConnell is upstanding likeable guy.

Despite the fact he's significantly unpopular in his own state.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    I was under pretense that McConnell being re-elected was do to there being a lot of stupid, ignorant people who believe that Mitch McConnell is upstanding likeable guy.

I think it has more to do with politics being a team sport to the republicans. Many many many republicans will vote against their own interests as long as their guy is the one who wins.
    Gonna give ya the D.!

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post

My own understanding, courtesy of another forum with a Kentucky poster, is that McConnell is very unpopular but has a big enough hold on Kentucky's GOP that it doesn't matter.
    Waldorf: You know Statler, after watching the last nine hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    Huh. From predator to public office.

That's an unexpected leap.
    He ran after Arnie became governor of California, so...

There were a lot of jokes afterward about the entire Predator cast becoming government officials.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by starlalilymoon View Post
    Exactly. I agree 100%. Honestly, Biden to me is the lesser of two evils and I was stuck between him and Trump. It's not the end of the world if Trump wins, though I probably be homeless if he does and kills Social Security... but that's another story ><

Dude, that's a horrible analogy. Voting doesn't harm anyone's health, and it's a personal choice. Not voting is a vote itself if you think about it.
    I think you should take another look at what you, yourself, typed.

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    I think you should take another look at what you, yourself, typed.
    I know what I typed. It's two different completely matters. One is pushing someone to vote against their will, and one is something happening to me personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    Libertarians struggle with the idea that even if something is allowed/legal doesn't not make it shitty to do.
    Like being say middle aged and going after college kids. Sure it's not illegal, but you're still a huge creep loser.

Of course knowing libertarians, they already have plenty of issues with even 18 existing as a legal limit.
    Um, what. No, you're not creepy for going after college kids. What the fuck. I dated plenty of people ten to twelve years younger than me and I'm 32. Stop judging people because of age gaps. As long as there is consent and follows the legal age of consent, there is no issue. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it's right of you to call people names.

Plus, a good friend of mine is libertarian, he's a great person. So, I would really think you should stop insulting people. You want equality and want people to be respectful, yet you become an hypocrite and insult others because *you don't like it*. You date people by age, some of us date people by who they are regardless of age. No reason to judge as long as people are happy and it's consent.

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

Speaking for myself, I've always regarded Libertarianism as inherently naive. My understanding of it is that it eschews government control in favor of private control, in the belief that if everything's privately owned it can all work out. The thing is, that relies on a benevolence of human nature that, on the whole, does not actually exist. The Pandemic and people who resist wearing masks are a perfect example. One of the big reasons some states put up full on mandates requiring masks is because people are too dumb and/or self-absorbed to see how wearing a mask benefits everyone around them. People can call that tyranny all they like, but the ultimate goal is protecting people from themselves. As it is we've already got plenty enough completely avoidable deaths to fill an entire book of Darwin Awards (people who proclaimed COVID a hoax only to die from it themselves, or who continue to deny it after loved ones/friends die from it).
    Waldorf: You know Statler, after watching the last nine hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

I know what I typed. It's two different completely matters. One is pushing someone to vote against their will, and one is something happening to me personally.
    If the "freedom" no not vote is more important than, voting in trying to avoid a possible policy that will directly affect you, it's up to you. But don't try to frame as different scenarios.

some of us date people by who they are regardless of age. No reason to judge as long as people are happy and it's consent.
    I think there's no problem with age gaps with consenting adults, DiCaprio never dated anyone over 25 for the matter. But don't use the part in bold, that's a typical pedo claim. Specially when linked to the second phrase, that is what literally happens in closed religious communities.

If the "freedom" no not vote is more important than, voting in trying to avoid a possible policy that will directly affect you, it's up to you. But don't try to frame as different scenarios.

I think there's no problem with age gaps with consenting adults, DiCaprio never dated anyone over 25 for the matter. But don't use the part in bold, that's a typical pedo claim. Specially when linked to the second phrase, that is what literally happens in closed religious communities.
    Starla's my friend, and I can safely say she's not a pedophile. I hope we all know what she meant.
    Gonna give ya the D.!

Well, I am voting this year. I always try to vote, but I was just defending Louis for his right to vote. I think I confused people with what I was saying.

What I mean by consent is the legal age of consent in whatever area you live in, which can vary. As long as one follows the law, I have no problem with it.

I know what was meant, I'm saying that the way it's phrased is not good.

Quote Originally Posted by The D. View Post
    Starla's my friend, and I can safely say she's not a pedophile. I hope we all know what she meant.
    Indeed! I protect children more than anything, I reported online predators to the FBI even.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

I know what was meant, I'm saying that the way it's phrased is not good.
    Yeah, I suck with my phrasing. I guess I have trouble putting my words into thoughts and it can confuse people if that makes sense.

The House is being called back into session to vote on USPS funding and legislation.
    Complicating things since 2009.

The House is being called back into session to vote on USPS funding and legislation.
    Well, that's good. Hopefully they can help keep the post office afloat.

Well, that's good. Hopefully they can help keep the post office afloat.
    Remember that anything the House could do also has to make it through the Senate.
    Complicating things since 2009.

I don't think they are. Social Security (among other things) is directly tied to your health and welfare, as it is to many thousands of Americans (if not more), just like masks are. They are different matters with a similar outcome. That's not mentioning that Trump, the president of this country, rebuked the all for wearing masks for months and did everything in his power to protect money over the people of this country.

But why didn't they do that at the exact time specified by me, some random dude with a podcast and a Twitter who thinks that Trump is a master at campaigning?

Remember that anything the House could do also has to make it through the Senate.
    Yeah.... >< It's so dumb if the Senate doesn't do anything to help the post office; especially since many people in rural areas depend on it, and most of them are Republicans.

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    I don't think they are. Social Security (among other things) is directly tied to your health and welfare, as it is to many thousands of Americans (if not more), just like masks are. They are different matters with a similar outcome. That's not mentioning that Trump, the president of this country, rebuked the all for wearing masks for months and did everything in his power to protect money over the people of this country.
    Oh, okay. I am voting regardless, sorry if I confused you about that. I understand though. Thanks for explaining me your input on this.

Closed Thread

Thread Information