+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 1,001: Battle of Monsters on Onigashima

Default Chapter 1,001: Battle of Monsters on Onigashima

Chapter 1,000 wasn't enough, the epicness goes on.

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1008362

Come to think about it, Volume 99 ends with Chapter 1,004, right?

I wonder what we will get in Volume 100.

No chapter next week.
    Last edited by Deicide; January 17th, 2021 at 09:27 AM.
    No, I'm not back. I never left. It's just that it has been a long time since I had something to say.

Default Re: Chapter 1,001: Battle of Monsters on Onigashima

The translation make what Kaido saying very different when see those guys in the back ground .
    TLG , FFVIIR and Shenmue 3 2015 the E3 of dreams .

Yo, can we have the name of Kid's DF already? It's about time, I guess.

Side-Note: I don't think Jellyfishes are comfy.

It was great to see everyone in action. Zoro is who I'm most curious about, because his attack didn't seem to the level that he would make against a Yonkou. It was great to see Luffy not taken out by Thunder Bagua and I'm loving Kaido's attitude. Man, this two weeks is going to be long as hell.
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

Quote Originally Posted by andy View Post
    The translation make what Kaido saying very different when see those guys in the back ground .
    Yep, I like the official one way better as it doesn't limit the ones capable of fighting Kaido to only those.
    Instead, it's Kaido asking himself if Luffy is able to reach the top.
    No, I'm not back. I never left. It's just that it has been a long time since I had something to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
    Yep, I like the official one way better as it doesn't limit the ones capable of fighting Kaido to only those.
    Instead, it's Kaido asking himself if Luffy is able to reach the top.
    Yep and then you see him smiling afterwards which also seem more inline with his character and what going on in the chapter .

Quote Originally Posted by andy View Post
    Yep, it´s like the representative stages Luffy can reach both in terms of strength and accomplishment.
    Is he gonna be an Oden, or reach Shanks, or Rocks, or reach the strength of WB and Roger, or become PK just like Roger?

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

Pretty nice chapter. It being focused entirely on one scene was very refreshing.
    • Nice to get confirmation that Luffy was indeed using advanced Haki (seems more like the internal destruction type than the projection type)
    • Slowly but surely Law is being worked into a full-time Luffy subordinate. His life's purpose was to bring down Doflamingo, and so now he doesn't really have a lot of agency anymore. Once Kaido is defeated I don't see Law having the motivation to go off on his own adventures, though his pride will cause him to say otherwise until the eleventh hour.
    • The chicken game between Luffy, Law, and Kid was absolutely hilarious and a fun continuation of the prideful partnership they built in Sabaody that goes beyond silly banter fluff. Zoro's reaction to it was also peak Zoro.
    • Fun to get a confirmation that Killer wasn't in peak form wielding those scythes as Kamazo so the rivalry between him and Zoro can live on.
    • I remember during the Katakuri fight when people were super confident that Oda would neglect Luffy's future sight because of how overpowered it would supposedly be, but for the past 100 chapters it has been a consistent part of his moves in combat. No matter how much it has been developed and focused on, Haki has never yet been the sole deciding factor in equal combat.

Spoiler:

Discovered Stowaway Galleon Panthera's Avatar

Not much difference from the scans, but I did like Kaido's ending dialogue better in the scanlations. I wonder though....why has Kaido's laugh not been corrected? I thought it was going to be "Uorororo" instead of "Worororo".

Still a great chapter nonetheless and Kid, Law and Luffy's banter as usual, is hillarious.

I like how Kid makes a big badass metal demon and still prioritizes punches.

Like I said in the spoilers thread, that comment from Kidd pretty much solidifies in my eyes the fact that he too, albeit begrudingly, will be Luffy's underling by the end of the arc. He laughed so much at Law being one that his fate can't but follow in step.

What a fun chapter. Been continuing my reread and got through Sabaody just as this chapter hit. I'm loving that I get similar vibes.

The interaction between these characters is just the greatest. When Big Mom first teamed up with Kaido I was worried they'd feel way too powerful, but seeing how much their interactions make this fight dynamic I'm really happy Oda made that decision.

It´s funny that with all the bravado Kid showcases, what convinces Killer of their prospects to win is Luffy´s display of power.

Kind of representative for Kid´s entire pirate career.

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

Quote Originally Posted by Galleon Panthera View Post
    Not much difference from the scans, but I did like Kaido's ending dialogue better in the scanlations. I wonder though....why has Kaido's laugh not been corrected? I thought it was going to be "Uorororo" instead of "Worororo".
    Kaido's laugh in Japanese is ウォロロロ, when the O kana (オ) is small after the U kana that typically denotes a "Wo" sound. So the wordplay is still there, but not formatted in quite the same manner.

Spoiler:

Discovered Stowaway killerbee1000's Avatar

Man, the spreads in this chapter were amazing. The chicken game between Luffy, Kidd, and Law made me laugh.

And Kaido finally gets around to doing the obligtory -What! How can this be? I used to be stronger than this shounen hero line. Fancy haki does what it's supposed to

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    I like how Kid makes a big badass metal demon and still prioritizes punches.
    He's like okay so i have given this a lot of thought. What about if i hit him from both sides? His final form will literally be a mega size fist, we've all been calling it. Just deliver on it Oder!

Incredible chapter. The amount of times I've re-read it is insane. Another 10/10 for me, and my standards for those are a lot higher now that we're past 1000.

If you would've told me the 3 Supernova lined up at Sabaody would've led to this back in 2008ish, I wouldn't have believed you.

Next prediction: "Enies" has more to it than meets the eye
    My proudest prediction: Predicted Imu before he showed up
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7BkabF31ak

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    And Kaido finally gets around to doing the obligtory -What! How can this be? I used to be stronger than this shounen hero line. Fancy haki does what it's supposed to

He's like okay so i have given this a lot of thought. What about if i hit him from both sides? His final form will literally be a mega size fist, we've all been calling it. Just deliver on it Oder!
    To his credit he was trying to crush him more than punching him lol .

I still don't see how they will bring Kaido down. Let alone him and Mom together. I mean he just let them hit him and he's fine.

Hopefully the dragon form performs better now.

Author Comments 1/17/2021: https://www.viz.com/blog/posts/manga...ngs-01-17-2021

Eiichiro Oda

Thank you so much for all the congratulations on the day I finished chapter 1000. Thank you so much to all the authors in issue 5/6.

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information