+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Chapter 996: Island of the Strongest

Default Re: Chapter 996: Island of the Strongest

I just find it hilarious and honestly quite badass that Sanji has tuned his Kenbunshoku Haki to the point where he can pick up the slightest signal of a female in distress (within his range). Whether it be Tashigi on Punk Hazard when she was overwhelmed by Vergo and he heard her tears fall, or knowing Viola's true self upon gazing into her eyes even though he was beaten bloody by her, or realising the lies Pudding was supporting her reality with once looking into her third eye. When it comes to females, Sanji can do what no one else in the One Piece world can - understand when a female is in anguish/uncomfortable even if hidden behind training, hate or lies.

The fact that Sanji can hear what the two strongest Straw Hat Pirates cannot is proof of how insanely godly his Kenbunshoku Haki is in regards to females. Honestly, at this point, I don't think any female can fool Sanji now (unless he wants to be fooled), especially if he looks them in the eyes and gazes into their soul. The scenario playing out in the situation Sanji is overhearing is definitely something that would trigger his attention/Haki - lewd actions toward a female. With his curiosity and "chivalrous" nature awakened, there is no way Sanji wouldn't investigate that area even if it involves splitting off from Luffy and Jinbe.

There is a limited amount of characters whom the person being perverted with the female can be, especially if there are an enemy of the Straw Hat Pirates. Aside from Orochi, I can't think of anyone else. All the Tobi Roppo are preoccupied with the war (or singing in Black Maria's case) to engage in such debauchery. If Orochi is alive, there appears to be only two ways for him to survive; either through his Devil Fruit or through an Ink-clone created by Kanjuro. If the Yamata no Orochi devil fruit did save Orochi from Kaido's attack, the reaction would been noticeable after the beheading. Seeing as Orochi has been forgotten within the current chaos, this leads to me to believe that if Orochi is alive, it would be because of Kanjuro using an Ink-clone to stand in for Orochi. Such reasoning can explain Orochi's current actions and being unaware of the current events. It would also explain why Kiku ended up overpowering Kanjuro. Upon Kanjuro's ink-clone being destroyed the reaction within Kanjuro at having his attention diverted would have created an opportunity for Kiku to cut him down. Or Kanjuro let himself be cut down knowing there was no point in continuing to fight with Kaido having betrayed the Kurozumi clan. The ink-clone would have dissipated unnoticed while everyone's attention was directed to Kaido's speech and the response of Orochi's subordinates.

If that character is Orochi, I see no issue with Sanji encountering him now. Once Orochi is informed of what happens (likely by Fukurokuju as Kanjuro may have trouble navigating through the mansion), he will retreat and likely use the battleship he procured from the CP0 to attack Wano Kuni/Onigashima. Ultimately, once cornered, Orochi will unleash and Zoro, Hiyori, Yamato and Momonosuke will have their moment.

As for Law, he is the key to defeating Kaido.

Quote Originally Posted by All Fiction View Post
    I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt that he hasn't logged in to AP Forums because he thinks it's still down. But I really don't expect him to post in APF at all out of shame once Kaidou is done with the Akazaya.
    I'll give him no benefit of the doubt. :P
    All that bluster and rage about Kaido being weak and then Kiku loses an arm and the Scabbards get clubbed and now just... crickets and tumbleweeds.
    It's just like, at least give yourself a chance to be right, why do this to yourself. It's like trying to calculate amounts of blood loss in a cartoony anime series where Zoro's "Nothing Happened" moment exists.

Next prediction: "Enies" has more to it than meets the eye
    My proudest prediction: Predicted Imu before he showed up
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7BkabF31ak

Quote Originally Posted by Kaworu View Post
    It's like trying to calculate amounts of blood loss in a cartoony anime series
    Last edited by Jabra; November 22nd, 2020 at 10:36 AM. Reason: I'm not weird you are!

It feels like Kaworu just stomped on a corpse... Multiple times with that post..
    Here’s how Naruto should end: Last panel is Naruto standing proudly over Konohagakure. Slowly zoom out to reveal Luffy staring into a snowglobe with a miniature Konoha inside it. Usopp asks him what he’s doing. Luffy replies “Thinkin’ bout ninjas! Ninjas are cool!” and then chucks it off the ship

Honestly i thought you guys were going to be so much worse about that.

I'm proud by how i haven't had to delete any gloating shit posts yet.

Do you wanna borrow it? Khamolen's Avatar

I'll give him no benefit of the doubt. :P
    All that bluster and rage about Kaido being weak and then Kiku loses an arm
    The funniest thing about this is that he actually predicted that Kiku would cut off Kaidou's arm.

3DS FC: 0619-3258-8245

King of Little Sisters ~ Chrior's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Khamolen View Post
    The funniest thing about this is that he actually predicted that Kiku would cut off Kaidou's arm.
    Pic or didn't happen At least they provided good entertainment and kept threads alive through a couple of months, which was particularly fun during the last batch of cutting and skipping annoying chapters.

For me, this one was damn good. I feel like we're back on track for something awesome in ch. 1000. And it's extra nice we have no break next week, since it's going to take longer for the next one to come out anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Khamolen View Post
    He said that? Lemme check~
    http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t...=1#post4089766

Quote Originally Posted by JohnTnaig
    Kaido is not going to beat the scabbards not now not ever. He is weak and will continue to get beat up don't be surprised if he gets his arms cut off by Kiku
    LMAOOOOOOOO

Man, I would love to use that quote as my signature, but I like the Akazaya Nine panel I'm using a little too much.

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    Maybe support the guys who are actively confronting Kaidou right now...
    No idea what you are even arguing at this point.
    The claim was "only beating the 4 Yonkou will reveal the truth about D".
    Everything in the story contradicts that, including Law´s actions.
    Roger stole a RP himself, did not face any opposition afterwards beyond the usual, especially since OP world is not as big, and he at least found out the truth without beating BM and Whitebeard.
    I am arguing Robin's claim is entirely correct because Roger's situation was wildly different than the current situation. Roger had the gigantic advantage of nobody knowing that the Road Pone glyphs actually mattered.

That is not true this time, the moment somebody makes a move for One Piece they will be a target for every major power in the world. That was how the balance of power has been maintained until well Luffy showed up and dragged Big Mom to Kaido.

Quote Originally Posted by ryuplaneswalker View Post
    I am arguing Robin's claim is entirely correct because Roger's situation was wildly different than the current situation. Roger had the gigantic advantage of nobody knowing that the Road Pone glyphs actually mattered.

That is not true this time, the moment somebody makes a move for One Piece they will be a target for every major power in the world. That was how the balance of power has been maintained until well Luffy showed up and dragged Big Mom to Kaido.
    You think BM just leisurely let Roger do that or something?

Based on?
    Not really, balance of power was maintained by WB mostly who restricted the rest.

Jabra: I am indeed weird!

ArmamentHero: Ha, I was trying to be as nice as possible. I come from a different time in APForums, my join date is deceptive. People were a lot more ruthless than I was there, I was really holding back. And refer to Goku here, he's probably still around and may come back (and sorry, it's Dub Z): https://youtu.be/B24hPtdnY78?t=272

Wolfwood: Thanks! I'll end my part of the convo about it here. I guess the last thing I'll say about it is... like, what did people expect? Oda hasn't suddenly lost his writing chops, he was always going to make sure the first Yonkou the crew is trying to actually defeat was portrayed in an intimidating way. I actually don't agree with every single choice Oda's made with Kaido, but so far I'm still very impressed because Oda's taking risks with him. Now the one trolling I wish would stop is the Numbers, but that time will come when it comes.

---

I haven't talked about the chapter. I enjoyed it, but there's SO much that happened I had to re-read it before I felt comfortable talking about it.
    Nami joke was very funny, I can't laugh at Usopp though cuz his situation is too grim; Sasaki has a "!?" in reaction to Yamato's panel, so it is 100% without a doubt her if there was any confusion, he wouldn't be surprised at his own sharp teeth; I love any Dawn theme solidifying; Law D. stuff is very intriguing, he already had a plan that still involves him with Kaido naturally, but the D. stuff is another boost to his motivation - I feel like Oda could have dropped one more D. hint here though; Kaido gets called the strongest in a different way, so that's nice, that title is going to require more concrete definition as we go further in the story and face Blackbeard etc.; Kaido's first panel is awesome; Big Mom going to Kaido and not Luffy's location is interesting, although I sincerely hope she doesn't betray him this early, that would massively reduce the threat level.

For me the most crucial parts of this chapter were Law and Kaido, Kaido's part was a long time coming. In the same way Crocodile was never going to get defeated by the Alabasta guardians, Kaido was never going to get beaten solely by Wano's guardians. Oda's intention with Kaido is the Crocodile situation on steroids, so we'll see just how far he goes with that soon enough. I'm still really pulling for Kaido pulling out a few more trump cards, but at the very least we'll see a lot more abilities from him as we always do.

I want to see law face kaidou.

Kaidou: another samurai, you going to slash me to open the scar? I can tell you that it won't work from now...
    Law: changes kaidou's heart with a frog and kills the frog
    Eustass & Luffy: noo, I wanted to punch him until he falls. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    But, but wolfwood! Gamma-Knife would reduce Law's lifespan! That's the most severe and consequential drawback in the series (which ends in like 2 months world-time)!

Or do you want Law to die? You certainly don't, we still need to find out why he's such a sexy outlaw (pst, the clue is his name).
    I'm pretty sure it was the giant Room that reduced the lifespan of Law, not the knife. He keep that giant room all around the castle for a while.
    Last edited by uniaka ikuzakas; November 22nd, 2020 at 10:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    I want to see law face kaidou.

Kaidou: another samurai, you going to slash me to open the scar? I can tell you that it won't work from now...
    Law: changes kaidou's heart with a frog and kills the frog
    Law's fruit would honestly be so tricky and such a pain to write. Its title is "The Ultimate Devil Fruit", I think Doflamingo or Law said somewhere in the 760s or 770s. So it has to be crazy powerful. BUT, Oda also can't make it too powerful against current villains, because that just makes things feel too cheap. So Oda's really walking on a thin tightrope with that fruit, can't go too much one way or the other. So Law just not being where Kaido is, for now, helps.

There's a fairly easy solution that I really hope Oda employs. Still really holding out for Oda to give Kaido Ryuuou (the Advanced Flowing Haki invisible shield kind), that would solve this. Buuut unfortunately the chances for that are looking like, I dunno, 10% at best right now. Though I still would love that development so much. Could you imagine Kaido being very proficient in all Haki, but just choosing not to use it unless he deems the opponent worthy? That would be total insanity and I want it so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    Honestly i thought you guys were going to be so much worse about that.

I'm proud by how i haven't had to delete any gloating shit posts yet.
    I would like to gloat a little bit.

It was cool to see Kidd again. And Sasaki, I really dig his design! All the action stuff was fun also.

But here's the reason why OP is my favorite comic: this week's cover picture was our big bad, the final boss, Luffy's last enemy to beat, Blackbeard... Just hanging out and brushing his teeth with a hippo.
    LIE
    CHEAT STEAL
    KILL WIN

I don't know why Sasaki seems like he's over reacting to Yamato's shapeshifting.

Haven't he seen that power before? Or is just that threathening?

I really hope is not a devil fruit, I want it to be something unique, like Hakuba, or Sai's Drilling Dragon, something that could hint us at why is Kaido called a creature and not human.

Still really holding out for Oda to give Kaido Ryuuou (the Advanced Flowing Haki invisible shield kind), that would solve this. Buuut unfortunately the chances for that are looking like, I dunno, 10% at best right now. Though I still would love that development so much. Could you imagine Kaido being very proficient in all Haki, but just choosing not to use it unless he deems the opponent worthy? That would be total insanity and I want it so bad.
    Isn't Ryuuou how Yamato has been doing the ranged club smashes ? In which case I would consider a given that Kaido has it too.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    I don't know why Sasaki seems like he's over reacting to Yamato's shapeshifting.

Haven't he seen that power before? Or is just that threathening?
    I'm inclined towards option b. One way this could go is if Kaido's dragon form is not a devil fuit at all but something that is passed down by good old genetics. Then in Sasaki's shoes I would definitely fear for my division of armored mooks.
    Alternately, I think in recent chapters someone (scabbard ? Big Mom ?) called him an Ogre. Maybe there's a similar creature in japanese folklore, I have no idea ? In which case the dragon is a regular DF but him and Yamato are more than human and we have yet to see their true form.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Guys what if the world is actually two straw hat planets fused together, with the Red Line being the hats' rims?

Quote Originally Posted by Seafarer33 View Post
    Isn't Ryuuou what Yamato has been doing with the ranged club smahes ? In which case I would consider it a given that Kaido has it too.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

One way this could go is if Kaido's dragon form is not a devil fuit at all but something that is passed down by good old genetics. Then in Sasaki's shoes I would definitely fear for my division of armored mooks.
    Alternately, I think in recent chapters someone (scabbard ? Big Mom ?) called him an Ogre. Maybe there's a similar crature in japanese folklore, I have no idea ? In which case the dragon is a regular DF but him and Yamato are more than human and we have yet to see their true form.
    Nah, just physically so powerful that it can fly

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    Nah, just physically so powerful that it can fly
    I thought that as well when it was first used it on the hedgehog gifter, but still that first mace shot was not accompanied by any visual effect that I can remember. Yamato just casually swung the club and a guy ten feet away went BANG! Then this week with the Number we had the charging black lighting FX, which had me doubting.
    I do admit, though, Zoro's flying slashes or anything Rokugan were never mentioned to be haki-related, so why couldn't a spiked mace do the same ?

Damn, all these years and haki keeps being such a mess...

Would be nice, still, for Kaido to have it. I will be a bit disappoined if Ryuuou turns out to be the sole trump card needed to overcome the world's strongest pirate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Guys what if the world is actually two straw hat planets fused together, with the Red Line being the hats' rims?

Quote Originally Posted by Seafarer33 View Post
    I thought that as well when it was first used it on the hedgehog gifter, but still that first mace shot was not accompanied by any visual effect that I can remember. Yamato just casually swung the club and a guy ten feet away went BANG! Then this week with the Number we had the charging black lighting FX, which had me doubting.
    I do admit, though, Zoro's flying slashes or anything Rokugan were never mentioned to be haki-related, so why couldn't a spiked mace do the same ?

Damn, all these years and haki keeps being such a mess...

Would be nice, still, for Kaido to have it. I will be a bit disappoined if Ryuuou turns out to be the sole trump card needed to overcome the world's strongest pirate.
    Yep, i was the same, never connected the dots there, hence why i was really surprised to see that happened in this chapter, but people told me we had non-sword flying attacks before, and since high enough physical strength seems to be the prerequisite (Brook mentioned that in Thriller Bark iirc), any other weapon should be eligible for it as well. Just underlines Yamato´s physical prowess i guess.

Yep, same as Big Mom, they should have it in my opinion but sometimes OP is not logical in that sense.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information