View Poll Results: Who is Luffy's 10th Person?

Voters
275. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yamato

125 45.45%
  • Shinobu

1 0.36%
  • An Akazaya Samurai (Kin'emon, Kiku, etc.)

1 0.36%
  • Momo

8 2.91%
  • Tama

7 2.55%
  • Carrot

58 21.09%
  • A Supernova (Law, Drake, Bonney, etc.)

7 2.55%
  • Caribou

4 1.45%
  • Other

22 8.00%
  • None: Jinbe is the final Straw Hat

42 15.27%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 99 of 202 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99 100 101 109 149 199 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,980 of 4028

Thread: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

I would love to see Smoker join, I love him, I think it would be great to see him see just how good of people the straw hats really are, I mean he knows a bit due to Alabasta and Punk Hazard but it would still be cool to see him basically be like "Oh shit, there really good people"

Also his color scheme would be unique for the crew and he has a logia

that being said I don't think he's going to join, I think his role is gonna be head of the good marines faction at Navy civil war at the end of the series

Quote Originally Posted by theackwardstation View Post
    To be fair, he's been saying that since the beginning of his career.
    lol I'm sure you're right. I'm mostly joking. But seriously, the very first thing I posted way back on MSN when I first caught up to One Piece was my rationale for Smoker being the final Straw Hat.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    I would love to see Smoker join, I love him, I think it would be great to see him see just how good of people the straw hats really are, I mean he knows a bit due to Alabasta and Punk Hazard but it would still be cool to see him basically be like "Oh shit, there really good people"

that being said I don't think he's going to join, I think his role is gonna be head of the good marines faction at Navy civil war at the end of the series
    I do understand that perspective, but personally, I think that role is going to ultimately be filled by Koby. Though Isshou is also a complication.

I'm sure I made posts explaining my thoughts about Smoker yeaaars ago here..... somewhere in the past iterations of this tread.

I'm gonna make a video about it soon though, so I'll hold off on the essay haki for now lol
    Luffy, Zoro, Nami, Usopp, Sanji, Chopper, Robin, Franky, Brook, Jimbei, Carrot, Vivi, Smoker

"ONE PIECE, IT EXISTS" - The Great Pirate Edward Newgate

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post

Yeah, I feel the story of the "good" marines can be told without any of them becoming a Straw Hat pirate. Smoker, Cobby, Tashigi, Drake, Fujitora... We have lots of marines to band together and fight for true justice.
    No, I'm not back. I never left. It's just that it has been a long time since I had something to say.

Honestly, I don't think it makes a lot of sense, and it's not very practical, to have two factions of the Marines. The normal thing to do in this kind of institution is to defect.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon D. Luffy View Post
    So... how about someone different?

A++ chances, huh? Nope, not excessive at all. I honestly thought based on his first two vids he wasn't going to be so biased.

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

Quote Originally Posted by Shift View Post
    A++ chances, huh? Nope, no excessive at all. I honestly thought based on his first two vids he wasn't going to be so biased.
    The grades are inevitably subjective. He's being as honest as biased.

I don't think he's being intellectually dishonest and he explains his arguments well.

And hey, he ranked Carrot 3rd most likely out of 5! He does seem to believe Oda will give her an actual character arc at some point of Wano.

Okay, I may be crazy, but someday I will convince the world why I have believed for so long that Smoker will join

But if we're taking odds, I think Carrot and Vivi are more likely.

(but I also think all three are going to join (Or return in Vivi's case))
    Luffy, Zoro, Nami, Usopp, Sanji, Chopper, Robin, Franky, Brook, Jimbei, Carrot, Vivi, Smoker

"ONE PIECE, IT EXISTS" - The Great Pirate Edward Newgate

Well, of the often-mentioned candidates, I think Carrot has the highest chances.
    I also think there's a chance of Momo to keep traveling with the crew, but not as a true crewmate.
    Everyone else, I feel there's no chance at all.

But I don't expect anyone to join now.
    No, I'm not back. I never left. It's just that it has been a long time since I had something to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon D. Luffy View Post
    I don't think he's being intellectually dishonest and he explains his arguments well.

And hey, he ranked Carrot 3rd most likely out of 5! He does seem to believe Oda will give her an actual character arc at some point of Wano.
    I don't have much of an issue with his analysis of Smoker's character. I definitely don't think he'll just blindly go along with the top brass, and he'll be on the SHs side in the end. What I find biased is that this guy doesn't feel the need to connect to why Smoker would just up and leave Tashigi and his men behind to become downright subservient to a guy he's been chasing for years. Even if Smoker sees eye to eye with Luffy someday, why would he want to travel on a ship bound for a treasure he's never expressed any interest in? How would he connect sailing with the SHs specifically to his dream of true justice? And then he just glosses over his own requirement of a sad backstory! Smoker has potential for "A" backstory, not even a sad one?

And all of that would be fine if the reviewer would just take the blinders off a minute and admit that all the things he said himself would need to happen to get Smoker in place to join don't objectively add up to an A++. If he wants to make a Smoker for Crewmate vid, fine. If he wants to make a fair and balanced series looking at the pros and cons of different candidates, fine. But I don't want a debate moderater who clearly favors one side over another for personal reasons and refuses to give their favorite the hard questions.
    Last edited by Shift; September 14th, 2020 at 06:30 PM.

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

The basic sentiment is if anyone new is going to join the crew, Wano is the last arc to expect it. If anyone else are to join the Straw Hats, they'd have to be pre-established characters that the audience is already familiar with. Preferably pre-timeskip.

only characters I think might have a chance to join are

Carrot: She's been around a long long time, I think she's most likely just a companion but I'll give her respect she deserves by putting on this list
    X Drake: Very slim chance but he does have a great character design, his dinosaur powers are unique among the crew, he definitely has a sad backstory we might see more of, and unless he goes back to the marines he has nowhere to go after this war (Marines are highly likely though)
    Bonney: She has ties to Kuma, White Beard and the five elder stars, it's possible she's hundreds of years old, def has a sad backstory and she's definitely a center figure in this story, also she has a complete different personality for a female characters in the crew
    Crocodile: ........ okay he has no chance of joining I just really like him
    Vegapunk: He's definitely gonna be super important to the series so there's a slight chance he could join, we'll have to wait to see more about him before we can determine that, and mad scientist def can fight different than cyborgs
    Yamato: So very new yet already extremely important lets give this one a bit more time to shine before we make any hasty decisions
    Someone new we haven't met yet: This is where putting all my chips

Definitely not watching that video then. If you can't provide anything from the manga that can back up Smoker abandoning Tashigi, I have no business paying attention. That should be priority if you think Smoker can possibly join or not

Discovered Stowaway Rank: Failed Mutineer Lord Monkey D.'s Avatar

Smoker is packed with Tashigi as characters and I can't see him abandoning her or her joining the crew so nah

I always thought it was a very persuasive argument that Smoker's character conflict and development could lead him to become a Strawhat, although I was never fully convinced that that's Oda's intention.

Regardless, I do feel like Smoker is one of the most important characters in the series apart from the Strawhats and, in a way, even more important than some of the "lesser" Strawhats.

I try to think about ways to make Smoker relevant in the final war and it's very difficult to find a role at the level he deserves (in my opinion). The most common ideas (like joining a rebel faction of the Marines) shouldn't have enough protagonism and space in the plot to make him stand out enough. And reforming the Marines after the world revolution is more of an epilogue thing that goes offscreen.

That's why Smoker becoming a Strawhat was always alluring to me. The theory makes the pieces fit into puzzle... which doesn't mean it's true.
    Last edited by theackwardstation; September 14th, 2020 at 07:22 PM.

It's such a wholesome nakama collage. Found it on Reddit

Question for all the Yamato supporters, do you think he will get a devil fruit? Or does he already have a devil fruit? Or do you think he’ll be one of the straw hats with no devil fruit?

i'm relieved, I think the big opposition for Tama joining is gone now.
    It seemed weird to have Tama joining just before the final conflict, assuming that there would only be 4-5 years of the series, but now when its clarified there will be 4-5 years of ADVENTURES left, she got plenty have time to settle in with the crew, Elbaf and Vegapunk adventures here she comes

In an SBS question, a fan asked which prefecture of Japan would best represent each Straw Hat, Oda wrote:[38]
    The Tōhoku region (東北地方, Tōhoku-chihō), Northeast region, or Northeast Japan (東北日本, Tōhoku-nihon) consists of the northeastern portion of Honshu, the largest island of Japan. This traditional region consists of six prefectures (ken): Akita, Aomori, Fukushima, Iwate, Miyagi, and Yamagata.[1]
    None of the strawhat's given prefectures are located in the Tohoku region, Tama's speaks with Tohoku dialect, all going according to the plan.
    Last edited by Solid; September 15th, 2020 at 02:11 AM.

Just a thought.

What if we witnessed Carrot's sad backstory in real time?

Eh, eh?

I offer that genuinely but I have no personal investment in her joining or not joining.

People have theorised that ever since Pedro died and it's been discussed to death since then

3DS Friendcode: 1547 - 5175 - 1342

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information