View Poll Results: Who is Luffy's 10th Person?

Voters
368. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yamato

189 51.36%
  • Shinobu

1 0.27%
  • An Akazaya Samurai (Kin'emon, Kiku, etc)

1 0.27%
  • Momo

9 2.45%
  • Tama

9 2.45%
  • Carrot

68 18.48%
  • A Supernova (Law, Drake, Bonney, etc.)

7 1.90%
  • Caribou

6 1.63%
  • Other

28 7.61%
  • None: Jinbe is the final Straw Hat

50 13.59%
Closed Thread
Page 485 of 506 FirstFirst ... 385 435 475 483 484 485 486 487 495 ... LastLast
Results 9,681 to 9,700 of 10112

Thread: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    I personally would love more Straw Hats, I love all of them and I love there interactions with each other, Oda has a way of making each Straw Hat special and great, so I would personally welcome more but I think Oda is done with the last one

Luffy said he wanted 10 members and the Black Beard Pirates have 10 Titans so I think 10 members is where he’ll stop
    So far the recruitment pattern in the New World is still going, especially if Yamato joins
    We have the man with animal instinct (Zoro), the animal with the feelings of man (Chopper), the half animal (Jinbe)
    Yamato would be the third lady that lost her family in some way or another
    The third should be a leader leaving his crew/band
    Than the fourth...many say it's the "pervert"...I wouldn't agree on the reasoning, but let's get along those lines

About Blackbeard, he has the Ten Titanic Captains already...but we don't know Kuzan's official position yet, so we don't know if there's an unknown member (high likely imho) and Gekko Moria had received an offer to join the crew
    Proud Kintama Owner

Yamato assisting Momonosuke in stopping Onigashima isn't actually that surprising a development, rather it was the expected path forward after the last chapter (1026). It would have been cool to see Yamato fight alongside Luffy against Kaido but Luffy taking Kaido on alone atop Onigashima has become a necessary step on his journey toward becoming Pirate King.

Quote Originally Posted by Syphin View Post
    With the wave of courage now washing over Momonosuke, he should be able to fly according to his own direction. Yamato will likely assist Momonosuke in this task - by guiding Momonosuke in using abilities Momonosuke may not know he possesses in his Dragon form. The imagery of having a Dragon and an Oni save Wano Kuni will surely be a transformative one after such forms derived only terror and despair for the people of Wano. With the Fire Festival going on, the Flower Capital has been opened up to all of Wano. As such, those able and willing would be attending the festival and witness to the events about to transpire. The Wano people may not have noticed it yet but with Onigashima advancing ever closer to the Flower Capital, it is only a matter of time before the people notice. Panic and fear will set in but it will be within that darkness that they will witness the efforts of a Dragon and an Oni saving them. The symbolism attached to those forms will in turn transform from misery into something more…hopeful.
    The Luffy VS Kaido battle still has a ways to go before concluding and I think Yamato will have enough time to assist Momonosuke and make his way back to witness Luffy defeating Kaido. Luffy will be aware what Yamato is doing and that is all that is needed for Yamato to secure the answer he seeks from Luffy. When it comes to Yamato, there isn't actually any need for him to have any interactions with the other Straw Hat Pirates during this climax. Yamato is the one character in One Piece where a lack of Straw Hat Pirate interaction outside Luffy works in his favour. Through off-hand comments, Kaido's speech and announcements from the Beast Pirates, those unaware of Yamato have become aware of him. The big reveal and unveiling of the mystery will take place after Kaido's defeat. After the current Beast Pirate announcement, Jinbe may have deduced what is going on.

While Kaido and Luffy are on Onigashima, it appears the battle will involve just the two of them. Kaido will come to reevaluate his view on Luffy. During that time Yamato may end up assisting Momonosuke - Momo works best when he has others guiding and supporting him. Eventually, I suspect the battle between Luffy and Kaido will relocate to the Flower Capital, specifically where Oden's hour long execution took place. Kaido has been haunted by Oden since the raid began and having his fight conclude in the place where he chose to execute Oden, who mentioned to him that his soul will live on after his death, seems fitting to conclude Kaido's reign over Wano. Yamato will be present during this moment as well as the other "shadows". Big Mom will also be there to witness the fall of Kaido.

Oden's execution site may also be where Momonosuke cancels his Dragon transformation and returns to his human form, which would look like a certain figure that would bring the people of Wano to tears (those with a heart at least).
    It should be noted the heightened focus Yamato and Momonosuke are getting is very telling to the direction in which it appears to be heading. More focus is given to Yamato spending time with Momonosuke now because in the future, Yamato won’t be around to assist Momonosuke. The possibilities of what Momonosuke’s Dragon form can do is being taught by Yamato now rather than later. And the capabilities aren’t simple ones, they are tremendously powerful abilities that give the user the ability of “flight” and moving gigantic pieces of land through the sky. Why would such focus be so prominent now? Once Momonosuke learns these abilities, what would Yamato achieve by staying in Wano Kuni after the Beast Pirates are defeated? To protect Momonosuke and Wano? That rationale falls flat when one considers that both Momonosuke and Yamato realise that the best way to protect Wano is to achieve that which Oden was unable to fulfill – assist the one carrying on Joy Boy’s will.

Yamato having a separate task of his own in the climax also conveys Oda’s intent to elevate Yamato’s character alongside Luffy rather than have him be overshadowed by Luffy in the fight against Kaido. The act of stopping Onigashima from landing/falling on the Flower Capital has been intensified to the level of stopping Kaido. Defeating Kaido isn’t enough to save Wano Kuni now – the majority of the Wano people are present in the Flower Capital currently. The actions Yamato and Momonosuke now take will hold equal importance as Luffy’s fight against Kaido in regards to Wano Kuni’s fate. Such actions will undoubtedly serve to highlight Momonosuke but the primary character Oda has set-up to be spotlighted is Yamato. Such a focus has already been evidenced by Yamato’s belief in Luffy and the need to do what they can alone to prevent death and destruction in the Flower Capital and Onigashima. The reason Oda will be able to spend substantial time focusing on Momonosuke is because Yamato will be there (note the focus Momonosuke got when away from Yamato and Luffy). Oda has set-up Yamato to be the one driving the mission and guiding Momonosuke.

Spoiler:

Momonosuke will eventually gather the courage and conviction to save Wano and it will be in that moment that Yamato’s role as his mentor and guardian will end. Yamato will pursue his dreams after Wano Kuni is saved and the borders opened. Momonosuke in turn will support Yamato’s intentions and even push Yamato toward them if conflict clouds Yamato’s heart about his decision. Such is the journey Momonosuke has been tempered on. When Yamato leaves, the relation between Yamato and Momonosuke won’t exist as a mentor/guardian type but rather one of friends. The current focus on Yamato spending time with Momonosuke is so that Yamato’s role as mentor and guardian is fleshed out in order for the path toward friendship to be comprehensively established. The time is taken now by Oda because he intends to separate Yamato and Momonosuke after the Wano Kuni arc ends. Wano will be the place Yamato can call home after his journey and adventures with the Straw Hat Pirates. Such a path becomes apparent chapter after chapter.

Even though this anime episode was a filler one (episode 102), this scene aptly describes the imagery created between Luffy leaving assisting Momonosuke stopping Onigashima to Yamato and Yamato leaving Kaido to Luffy. Yamato could not defeat Kaido, but his belief in Luffy enabled him to leave the task to Luffy. And Luffy’s awareness of Yamato’s capabilities allowed him to leave Momonosuke and the stopping of Onigashima in his charge. Luffy has passed on such a mission to Yamato so that he can focus all his attention on stopping Kaido. Such an imagery extended further once Yamato became aware of Kaido’s weakening hold on Onigashima. Yamato understood that the issue at hand can only be solved by Momonosuke and him. Oda may not be focusing on Yamato interacting with other Straw Hat Pirates but he is certainly giving Yamato the Straw Hat treatment by intentionally colouring him in such a manner. And such an intent is very marked.

Quote Originally Posted by D.aelthasaar View Post
    So far the recruitment pattern in the New World is still going, especially if Yamato joins
    We have the man with animal instinct (Zoro), the animal with the feelings of man (Chopper), the half animal (Jinbe)
    Yamato would be the third lady that lost her family in some way or another
    The third should be a leader leaving his crew/band
    Than the fourth...many say it's the "pervert"...I wouldn't agree on the reasoning, but let's get along those lines

About Blackbeard, he has the Ten Titanic Captains already...but we don't know Kuzan's official position yet, so we don't know if there's an unknown member (high likely imho) and Gekko Moria had received an offer to join the crew
    It’s definitely possible but I just don’t think Oda is going that way, it’s one of those rare instances where I’d be happy to be wrong

Also I usually don’t buy into the patterns people come up with, although the 2.9 devil fruit theory did have me hooked for a while I’ll admit

Discovered Stowaway Dorobō Neko's Avatar

Yamato will join and will be the last member. This is the most obvious thing in all of the series. It's really that simple and anything else is reaching.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorobō Neko View Post
    Yamato will join and will be the last member. This is the most obvious thing in all of the series. It's really that simple and anything else is reaching.
    Exactly what I think

Also I really want to see Luffy’s reaction to Yamato’s hybrid and animal form

^Such a reaction is being saved for a time where it is able to be appreciated more effectively.

Yamato while guiding Momonosuke is being highlighted alongside Luffy and Zoro within this chapter and you don't get that for every non-Straw Hat Pirate character.

The manner in how Oda is scripting Yamato appears to seek to uplift the focus Yamato is receiving. Why? Why focus so heavily on a character that won't be significant going forward? The focus Yamato is receiving goes beyond the usual arc central characters that serve to mainly be tied to the specific arc they are relevant in. Yamato's set-up, presentation, performance, connection, desires, role, relevance, potential extends way beyond the One Piece ordinary. His inclusion within One Piece is very purposeful by Oda.

Nice moment between Yamato and Luffy. Reminds me of Enies Lobby.

Hello there, Carrot will be the next strawhat. Anyone thinking that Yamato is the next strawhat is reaching :)

Anyway, bypassing the obvious bait that would be best served stopping at just recognition rather than progressing through entertainment, I want to bring the discussion back to Moria and a potential purpose to his knowledge of how to enter Wano Kuni. Moria is one of the few people who have gained such knowledge. His possible alignment with the Blackbeard Pirates presents much opportunity to develop their threat. If Teach never gets Haoshoku Haki, I think it would be cool if he ended up stealing the Hebi Hebi no Mi, Model: Yamata no Orochi from Orochi and adding it to his power. Can you imagine if Luffy had to defeat Teach eight times in order to claim ultimate victory? That would be quite cool. Just as Luffy learns through his defeats, Teach may end up doing the same as their conflict progresses through the arc/arcs.

Also there was this that I posted before:

I was reading the chapter thread and came across a post from Monquito that was very intriguing and could serve to develop both Yamato and the Blackbeard Pirates and the connection between the two:

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    Friendly reminder that this is absolutely going to play a role in the future, all we need is just one Gecko to appear.

Monquito's right, that scene could be incredibly relevant going forward.

We know from Yonko we have seen that in addition to their core crew, they also have numerous fodder to pad the battles/wars with. The Big Mom Pirates have the Homies. The Beast Pirates have the Headliners and Pleasures.

The Whitebeard Pirates had his divisions but as they were not facing off against the Straw Hat Pirates, the members did not have to include notable fodder such as is the case with the Big Mom Pirates Homies and the Beast Pirates Headliners/Pleasures.

The Red Hair Pirates are an exception. It appears they only operate with their core crew. But given that Shanks has been developed into a character that will have a different story/role than the rest of the other Yonko, it makes sense.

The remaining Yonko crew is the Blackbeard Pirates who at this point only have the Pinkbeard Pirates as their subordinates. The Big Mom Pirates and the Beast Pirates have had years and decades to increase the size of their respective organisations. So how can the Blackbeard Pirates, who have only been active for 2-3 years bolster their ranks in a relatively quick period of time? Teach certainly doesn't possess the same level of charm as Luffy (and Sanji), so the relationship building route is not an option.

The answer exists right there in the panel Monquito has highlighted. And wouldn't you know, a person capable of animating such an army has arrived on Teach's doorstep only 2 weeks ago within the One Piece world.

Spoiler:

If Teach ain't obtaining the Tori Tori no Mi, Model: Phoenix from Wano Kuni, or another powerful Zoan Devil Fruit, or Nico Robin, or Oden's journal, or the Road Poneglyph, or kairoseki weapons, or Orochi's Marine battleship, he may just end up obtaining an army of Samurai zombies for the future battles/wars he will have against the Marines/World Government and the Straw Hat Pirates + allies.

Now how does this relate to Yamato? With the Samurai's corpses raised from the dead and directed toward attacking the saviors of Wano Kuni, the perversion at play would be nothing short of a desecration of the Samurai's honour. The same way Wano Kuni were horrified their hero Ryuma had his corpse dug up 23 years ago, the nation would be equally as horrified when they learn the Samurai who died fighting for their liberation had their corpses dug up as well.

It wouldn't be uncharacteristic for the people of Wano Kuni to want that nightmare to be remedied, especially once the borders of Wano Kuni are opened. With the Akazaya Nine's story arc done once the Wano borders are open, I don't see any of them being tasked with the duty of liberating the Samurai corpses. Rather, with Yamato and Momonosuke forming a close bond, I can see Momonosuke requesting Yamato (with Ame no Habakiri in hand) to stop the Blackbeard Pirates from continuing to dishonour the brave Samurai who sacrificed their lives during the years. If Yamato does join the Straw Hat Pirates, this plot would serve to tie her closely to the Blackbeard Pirates and have genuine motivation to battle them.
    Moria may or may not play a part in the Wano Kuni Arc but it would be fascinating if the possibility is explored.

Quote Originally Posted by CarrotForNakama View Post
    Hello there, Carrot will be the next strawhat. Anyone thinking that Yamato is the next strawhat is reaching :)
    I personally vouch for this guy, his Twitter threads are very detailed and fascinating stuff: https://twitter.com/CarrotForNakama

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

A little late to be a Carrot troll but yeah good luck with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shift View Post
    I personally vouch for this guy, his Twitter threads are very detailed and fascinating stuff: https://twitter.com/CarrotForNakama
    How AGOGian of him.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

Yeah uuh, I guess I'm just old school and I like giving the Manga more value than Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Shift View Post
    I don't mind people having opinions, especially well reasoned, structured and set-out ones but was there really a need to disapprove of others conjecture?

It's their first post on ArlongPark forums and it is dyed in disrespect. It may not have been intentional and an attempt at trolling but a certain level of regard should be held in the environment one is in.

I have spent a lot of time and passion theorizing about Yamato and put forward arguments toward Yamato's potential that I believe hold some merit. Were such speculations merely "reaching"? Maybe but at this point every theory could be argued as reaching.

The post presented wasn't to champion a particular character as a nakama but more to devalue others opinions.

Yeah it seemed trolly at best and meant to trigger others at worst

Also Carrot fans seem to get upset when people say there opinion is reaching but apparently have zero problems with there side doing it?

Both will join,of course

Discovered Stowaway Dorobō Neko's Avatar

That twitter kind of reminds me of twitter accounts that stan 3rd party candidates in the US.

Obnoxious and very clueless.

It is possible to support one character over another without targeting the people who feel differently. Speak to why you feel your choice is the right choice without questioning the intelligence or mindset of others and your account will likely last more than a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    Even if Yamato doesn’t join he’s definitely going out to sea
    This 100 percent. I think Yamato is joining, but the only other possibility is that Yamato will start a crew.
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    This 100 percent. I think Yamato is joining, but the only other possibility is that Yamato will start a crew.
    It would be kind of cool if Kaido and Big Mom got replaced as captains of there crews by Yamato and Katakuri, and eventually become allies of the Straw Hats, maybe help in the final battle with what ever force the Black Beard Pirates summon, who knows

then again I’m not sure what kind of power could face off against three Yonko crews combined
    Last edited by Shiebs; October 5th, 2021 at 08:34 PM.

I was considering the possibility of Yamato forming his own crew more than staying at first (it was even in my signature before I decided to change it), but I feel there has been many more hints of a deeper love of Yamato for Wano (and bonding with Momo) than at first, so I consider that more likely than him forming his own crew right now.
    Wano predictions: There will be 5 acts; All Straw Hats will get fights, some in Act 4; Big Mom Pirates will arrive; Carrot will have her moment, but won't join; Yamato will be a Kouzuki samurai and Wano's Guardian; Shanks will visit Luffy in Act 5; Next arc is Mary Geoise.

Closed Thread

Thread Information