View Poll Results: Who is Luffy's 10th Person?

Voters
368. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yamato

189 51.36%
  • Shinobu

1 0.27%
  • An Akazaya Samurai (Kin'emon, Kiku, etc)

1 0.27%
  • Momo

9 2.45%
  • Tama

9 2.45%
  • Carrot

68 18.48%
  • A Supernova (Law, Drake, Bonney, etc.)

7 1.90%
  • Caribou

6 1.63%
  • Other

28 7.61%
  • None: Jinbe is the final Straw Hat

50 13.59%
Closed Thread
Page 455 of 506 FirstFirst ... 355 405 445 453 454 455 456 457 465 505 ... LastLast
Results 9,081 to 9,100 of 10112

Thread: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

On the other hand, they did give Sabo and Ace separate child/adult actors. It could really go either way.

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

I’m still not sure that Yamato being nowhere near the Straw Hats in the color spread hurts his chances but I definitely don’t think it helps

To me... Oda probably just wanted to Put Yamato next to Oden bc it would look cool. I don't think a deep dive is really necessary for this
    Here’s how Naruto should end: Last panel is Naruto standing proudly over Konohagakure. Slowly zoom out to reveal Luffy staring into a snowglobe with a miniature Konoha inside it. Usopp asks him what he’s doing. Luffy replies “Thinkin’ bout ninjas! Ninjas are cool!” and then chucks it off the ship

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmamentHero View Post
    To me... Oda probably just wanted to Put Yamato next to Oden bc it would look cool. I don't think a deep dive is really necessary for this
    Also I guess it bears outright stating it but I doubt this will be the last color spread during the Wano arc.

Especially when this one is specifically for the global popularity poll.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by ArmamentHero View Post
    This is a good point, I'm probably blowing things out of proportion

The Vivre Cards seem to imply Yamato wasnt born in Wano.

Ooh Oda, what mistery are you hiding now

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    The Vivre Cards seem to imply Yamato wasnt born in Wano.

Ooh Oda, what mistery are you hiding now
    As if to say that Kaido didn't meet his lover at Wano, and that he must have arrived at Wano like 25, 27 years ago max.

The hype is real

I know this doesn't mean he's necessarily joining the crew but it does look cool to see him next to all the others

although I'd still prefer Crocodile or Caribou

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    The hype is real
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...0702900154.png

I know this doesn't mean he's necessarily joining the crew but it does look cool to see him next to all the others

Nah, those are just towels, so they’re not worth reading into after all.

Even the bath towels think its a done deal.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

There have been similar sets of products with Tama and Law included with the Straw Hats. Not saying Yamato won't join, but merchandise does not make it a 'done deal.'

But it is interesting, perhaps notable - if she does join, there is consistent use of the teal blue color.

I noticed a similarly consistent use of lime green for Carrot.
    Luffy, Zoro, Nami, Usopp, Sanji, Chopper, Robin, Franky, Brook, Jimbei, Carrot, Vivi, Smoker

"ONE PIECE, IT EXISTS" - The Great Pirate Edward Newgate

"I wait for you, Luffy!" blackness662's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    The hype is real
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...0702900154.png

A pretty huge deal if you ask me.
    I know a lot of people hate Yamato being who she is ("another Nami clone", "Oden fangirl", etc), but Oda (and the marketing team of OP) is really pushing her to become the next SH nakama.
    I would be happy if she joins at the end of Wano, so these news are great for me. :)

Have there been other merchandise sets where it's the Straw Hats and only one more character who didn't end up joining?

Quote Originally Posted by Coookie View Post
    Have there been other merchandise sets where it's the Straw Hats and only one more character who didn't end up joining?
    If we're excluding Vivi (on the basis that she IS a SH), the only one that comes to mind is Law during Punk Hazard/Dressrosa.
    I remember seeing it, have to find the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Coookie View Post
    Yes, as noted Tama's been the marketing figurehead the last couple years, and Law before that.

The fact that they're all in their Wano battle outfits is also a thing that sets it pretty prominently for the "right now" of the anime.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Still feels pretty definitive. We're a while away from when Nami-face seemed like a definitive counter-argument.
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

Hey remember back during the time of Dressrosa or Punk Hazard Oda said the next crew mates would join consecutively? Then we got the grand fleet. But... Jinbei and Yamato back to back!

Also when I look at those towels I'm reminded that the later half of the Straw Hats joined pretty close to one another. At least in pairs.

Drum/Chopper & Alabasta/Robin

Water 7/Franky & Thriller Bark/Brook

Whole Cake + Wano/Jinbe & Wano/Yamato

Not sure if you throw Whole Cake in there but I think you get my point. In real time going from Skypiea to Water 7 seemed like absolutely forever. Having Brook join so soon after seemed too soon at the time lol.
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ocre and Teal aren't too far from the Brown and Turquoise I predicted for the last two members joining.

That straight line with all the SH´s with their colors in the backround looks pretty nice, it would make a great signature or if rearranged, it'll look great in your phone.

Default Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

Quote Originally Posted by SeaOfHope View Post
    If we're excluding Vivi (on the basis that she IS a SH), the only one that comes to mind is Law during Punk Hazard/Dressrosa.
    I remember seeing it, have to find the picture.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Yes, as noted Tama's been the marketing figurehead the last couple years, and Law before that.

The fact that they're all in their Wano battle outfits is also a thing that sets it pretty prominently for the "right now" of the anime.
    I was thinking of sets of individual items like the towels or the coins someone mentioned before

I just noticed, the shots on the towels are from that one doublespread of which Greg said it's how Oda envisioned the full crew at the start of the series, and now there's Yamato alongside them...
    Last edited by Coookie; September 4th, 2021 at 02:07 AM.

Towels, Figures, etc. Alongside the VA reveal and We Are One episode coinciding with the Yamato's first Anime appearance. Really is the week of Yamato.

Of course, the merch doesn't mean much, but I do want those towels lol
    Here’s how Naruto should end: Last panel is Naruto standing proudly over Konohagakure. Slowly zoom out to reveal Luffy staring into a snowglobe with a miniature Konoha inside it. Usopp asks him what he’s doing. Luffy replies “Thinkin’ bout ninjas! Ninjas are cool!” and then chucks it off the ship

Closed Thread

Thread Information