View Poll Results: Who is Luffy's 10th Person?

Voters
273. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yamato

125 45.79%
  • Shinobu

1 0.37%
  • An Akazaya Samurai (Kin'emon, Kiku, etc.)

1 0.37%
  • Momo

8 2.93%
  • Tama

7 2.56%
  • Carrot

56 20.51%
  • A Supernova (Law, Drake, Bonney, etc.)

7 2.56%
  • Caribou

4 1.47%
  • Other

22 8.06%
  • None: Jinbe is the final Straw Hat

42 15.38%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 104 of 196 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 102 103 104 105 106 114 154 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,080 of 3918

Thread: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

Quote Originally Posted by Shift View Post
    There's no doubt in my mind that Momo just wants to stay in Wano with his sister and his people. Whatever needs to be done to prepare for the final war can be done there.
    Momo needs to become his own man and show his resolve. That's what his story has been leading up to for a long time. It might be him just becoming the Shogun and opening the country, but we know so little about Hiyori that she could do that instead. Like with all things OP, only time will tell.
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

Seeing how are 200+ Sulongs being treated up there, I wouldn't put too much hope in one* single Sulong.

And there are still like 40 important characters that will manitain more focus.

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    Momo needs to become his own man and show his resolve. That's what his story has been leading up to for a long time. It might be him just becoming the Shogun and opening the country, but we know so little about Hiyori that she could do that instead. Like with all things OP, only time will tell.
    That need to grow is why he needs to stay in Wano, to properly become the shogun he wants to be, not a pirate on another huge adventure. Plus, the people of Wano have shown their care deeply about him and don't want to lose him again. They need him a lot more than the SHs do.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    Seeing how are 200+ Sulongs being treated up there, I wouldn't put too much hope in one* single Sulong.

And there are still like 40 important characters that will manitain more focus.
    So why hasn't she gone ahead and transformed with the rest of them? Why is she still being set apart if she isn't meant to stand separate from the group?

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

Carrot is a narrative carrot and stick. She breaks the *insert important person* dying in the past troupe.

Yamato is Kaido's Ace and their relationship is comparative to Whitebeard and Ace. Me thinks Luffy may fight Yamato again but both get serious.

Momo will be shogun with current and new retainers. Tama. Shinobu. Toko. Yamato?

Smoker will never leave the Marines or Tashigi and vice-versa for her.

Supernovas were not planned. Crewmates were.

Pell survived.
    Pagaya survived.
    Pound survived.
    Waiting on Pedro's and Pekoms' cover story, Big Mom saying they are still alive, or the mysterious pop-up in Wano. Will of P is my nomination. Pekoms can't go back to Big Mom. Pedro's survived at least 2 near-death experiences. No known corpses.

Inuarashi and Nekomamushi both rode with Roger but neither made the final journey to Laugh Tale. A mink should go all the way to Laugh Tale to insure the Strawhats bring the Dawn of the World.

Quote Originally Posted by Berry Rich View Post
    Carrot is a narrative carrot and stick. She breaks the *insert important person* dying in the past troupe.

Pell survived.
    Pagaya survived.
    Pound survived.
    Waiting on Pedro's and Pekoms' cover story, Big Mom saying they are still alive, or the mysterious pop-up in Wano. Will of P is my nomination. Pekoms can't go back to Big Mom. Pedro's survived at least 2 near-death experiences. No known corpses.

Inuarashi and Nekomamushi both rode with Roger but neither made the final journey to Laugh Tale. A mink should go all the way to Laugh Tale to insure the Strawhats bring the Dawn of the World.
    Believe me, I get how easy it is to write off his death. The chapter it happened, "Pell-dro" was the first phrase out of my mouth. Pedro was a well-crafted and important character, but his story reached its natural conclusion. He was shown to have lost the majority of his lifespan, and used what little remained to save the people he knew could save the world. And in that process, he passed on his will to Carrot and began her transformation into the active character she's destined to become.

A Mink definitely should make it to Laugh Tale. It very easily could have been Pedro, but Pedro passed that mission onto Carrot.

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

When it comes down to character designs I still think Pekoms and nekomamushi have way better/more interesting character designs than Carrot

Although neither has as good a chance at joining

Quote Originally Posted by Shift View Post
    That need to grow is why he needs to stay in Wano, to properly become the shogun he wants to be, not a pirate on another huge adventure. Plus, the people of Wano have shown their care deeply about him and don't want to lose him again. They need him a lot more than the SHs do.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

So why hasn't she gone ahead and transformed with the rest of them? Why is she still being set apart if she isn't meant to stand separate from the group?
    She's getting Rebecca'ed.

All elements are present actually.

Rebecca=Carrot~ a brave female, but will require someone else to do the job
    Kyros=Sanji~ El Macho
    Diamante=Perospero~ the guy who stalks underage girls in social media
    Scarlett=Pedro~ The grave that finishes off the villain.

Heck, Carrot is just *there* beside Nami, similar to how Rebecca was just *there* with Robin.

Kyros=Sanji~ El Macho

Heck, Carrot is just *there* beside Nami, similar to how Rebecca was just *there* with Robin.
    So Carrot will stay with Sanji in the end? Carrot will be on Luffy's back before she goes to Sanji?

I think Pedro is meant to be Carrots important flashback character tbh. It's Oda subverting the usual d
    tropes and having her 'flashback' actually happen in real time.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    When it comes down to character designs I still think Pekoms and nekomamushi have way better/more interesting character designs than Carrot

Although neither has as good a chance at joining
    You got me with the first sentence, but disappointed me with the second. You have to believe.
    The return of Pekoms is going to be great!

"There will be an answer, let it be."

Quote Originally Posted by black-leg jex View Post
    I think Pedro is meant to be Carrots important flashback character tbh. It's Oda subverting the usual d
    tropes and having her 'flashback' actually happen in real time.
    I think this line of thought miss something very important about flashback tragedies: Oda spends a LOT of time building up the relationship before breaking it in an emotional way. To me, if Carrot's "flashback" was in present time, both Carrot and her relationship to Pedro would have been explored in way more depth than it was beforehand.
    No, I'm not back. I never left. It's just that it has been a long time since I had something to say.

Kyros=Sanji~ El Macho

Kinda forcing another parallel here...

Alright, here's an entirely unbiased () analysis of the data book green and magazine 10 concept sketches...

https://youtu.be/uxr7PwkHyRk
    Luffy, Zoro, Nami, Usopp, Sanji, Chopper, Robin, Franky, Brook, Jimbei, Carrot, Vivi, Smoker

"ONE PIECE, IT EXISTS" - The Great Pirate Edward Newgate

Quote Originally Posted by Vongola_Boss_XI View Post
    Alright, here's an entirely unbiased () analysis of the data book green and magazine 10 concept sketches...

https://youtu.be/uxr7PwkHyRk
    Here's something about your thoughts: I agree that the 11th Straw Hat was probably someone Oda thought way back in the beginning of the series. Plus, in the second crew concept art, you can see the left of the shipwright's is somewhat erased, hiding possible characters there. The image also has enough space for two tall characters on the left side. One, probably on the left of the shipwright, would be Jinbe/Saigo. The other, between Zoro and Sanji, would be the 11th, probably someone of less girth, yet tall.

Now, remember that image in the first Color Walk of future villains yet to appear? It was published around the time the story reached the Grand Line, so pretty early in the series. And it contained my candidate: Hancock.

Hancock's visuals evolved since then, but Oda made it clear that it was intended to be her. Also, Nami even dressed as her (and Robin) in Chapter 97, ditching the clothes because they didn't fit her style.

In Hancock's first appearance, chapter 516, we get a colorspread with all known SH's first appearance (NOT the moment of their joining) in the series. Maybe it was just because the crew had just been separated, but it could also be a hint, especially considering it has the message "A Casual Discovery..." written on it. Could we have casually met a future crewmate in that chapter?
    No, I'm not back. I never left. It's just that it has been a long time since I had something to say.

I heartily endorse Eyepatch Pekoms as the last crewmate.
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

Quote Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
    Here's something about your thoughts: I agree that the 11th Straw Hat was probably someone Oda thought way back in the beginning of the series. Plus, in the second crew concept art, you can see the left of the shipwright's is somewhat erased, hiding possible characters there. The image also has enough space for two tall characters on the left side. One, probably on the left of the shipwright, would be Jinbe/Saigo. The other, between Zoro and Sanji, would be the 11th, probably someone of less girth, yet tall.

Now, remember that image in the first Color Walk of future villains yet to appear? It was published around the time the story reached the Grand Line, so pretty early in the series. And it contained my candidate: Hancock.

Hancock's visuals evolved since then, but Oda made it clear that it was intended to be her. Also, Nami even dressed as her (and Robin) in Chapter 97, ditching the clothes because they didn't fit her style. I like the point about 516 color spread. I wonder if Oda has the ability to plan something like that though?

In Hancock's first appearance, chapter 516, we get a colorspread with all known SH's first appearance (NOT the moment of their joining) in the series. Maybe it was just because the crew had just been separated, but it could also be a hint, especially considering it has the message "A Casual Discovery..." written on it. Could we have casually met a future crewmate in that chapter?
    Some interesting points, though I'm still not sold on Hancock. I do agree she fits the bill of being imagined early in the development of the series. I guess to this point, Luffy did have a memorable first encounter with Hancock. I like the point about the cover of 516. Would Oda be able to plan that in advance?
    Last edited by Vongola_Boss_XI; September 19th, 2020 at 10:26 AM.
    Luffy, Zoro, Nami, Usopp, Sanji, Chopper, Robin, Franky, Brook, Jimbei, Carrot, Vivi, Smoker

Some interesting points, though I'm still not sold on Hancock. I do agree she fits the bill of being imagined early in the development of the series. I guess to this point, Luffy did have a memorable first encounter with Hancock.
    I think people will only get "sold" when she starts to actually be developed and we get to see what she was like before slavery.

I mean, she has been a character that's mostly told about rather than shown. We are told she's strong, but never saw her going all-out. We were told her origin, but never saw her flashback. Once her story starts to get shown, I think a lot of people will get on board.

Quote Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
    I think people will only get "sold" when she starts to actually be developed and we get to see what she was like before slavery.

I mean, she has been a character that's mostly told about rather than shown. We are told she's strong, but never saw her going all-out. We were told her origin, but never saw her flashback. Once her story starts to get shown, I think a lot of people will get on board.
    I think what's interesting here is that both she and Smoker could be involved in the next story arc if it is related to Vegapunk. So it's an opportunity for both of our theories to be tested lol

Arguments for Hancock have been around for a long time, but you have made the best points in her favor that I have seen.

I think what's interesting here is that both she and Smoker could be involved in the next story arc if it is related to Vegapunk. So it's an opportunity for both of our theories to be tested lol

Arguments for Hancock have been around for a long time, but you have made the best points in her favor that I have seen.
    There's one final thing to consider I forgot to mention.

In Fishman Island, we got to see Fisher Tiger's story. However, that flashback skipped his rampage in Mary Geoise. Again, we were told, but never shown. Why?

I suspect it's because that moment is reserved for another flashback: Hancock's.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhenja View Post
    You got me with the first sentence, but disappointed me with the second. You have to believe.
    The return of Pekoms is going to be great!
    Lol I knew you we’re going to comment on that

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information