+ Reply to Thread
Page 214 of 320 FirstFirst ... 114 164 204 212 213 214 215 216 224 264 314 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,280 of 6389

Thread: American Politics: We're in for it now

Default Re: American Politics: We're in for it now

Live long enough to see yourself catch a virus you've spent months insisting was either a hoax or the fault of other people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA.
    Oh.... oh.... heh... heh....... hahahahahahahahahaahahaha.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

Wow... That's just karma.

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

A formal article on the Trumps catching COVID.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/10/01/p...rus/index.html
    Waldorf: You know Statler, after watching the last nine hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

PLEASE tell me Biden didn't get it from the debate. PLEASE.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Rin View Post
    PLEASE tell me Biden didn't get it from the debate. PLEASE.
    They were at least 20 feet away from each other, so one would hope.

To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

While I try to avoid talking politics at work, I am very interested to see how my Trump-supporting co-worker is reacting to all this. She acknowledges that COVID-19 is real, she just thinks it's highly overblown. But now that her beloved Trump has it, let's see if she changes her tune.

A dog exists somewhere David Ludwig's Avatar

Who knew irony was a virus?

The replies to Trump's Covid announcement tweet are spooky as heck!
    Pretty much every reply is a creepy picture and weird text.

Spoiler:

A friend of mine says that it might be a concentrated attempt to cast a hex on him.

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

What a wonderful way to start Halloween celebrations.

Quote Originally Posted by MDL View Post
    The replies to Trump's Covid announcement tweet are spooky as heck!
    Pretty much every reply is a creepy picture and weird text.

A friend of mine says that it might be a concentrated attempt to cast a hex on him.
    Well, 'tis the season.

Someone else pointed this out on twitter, but this does lead to the possible dangerous route of Trump logic if he is asymptomatic or has mild symptoms.

He'll play it in two ways,

1. "I'm so tough, even the tough China virus couldn't kill me. It's because my genes. They say I have superior genes that lead to this. Maybe that's why China handled it so badly".

and

2. "It's no big deal. I barely felt anything, just a headache and a sneeze! It's no big deal, get over it!"

The latter especially WILL lead to the group of people that only believe and get their news from Facebook and Fox to think it really IS no big deal, leading to a further push from his already insane following against ANY Covid restrictions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

If he doesn't at least end up in the hospital I'm going to feel like it was a lie just to change the news. "I had COVID but it did nothing to me. See, it's harmless for young, strong, sexy, virile, men"

Nah, him catching the virus goes against his entire narrative of the last year. No matter how well he copes with it (and again, he's going to be getting the best medical treatment in the world) catching it makes him look weak and like a loser who was wrong this whole time.

It is NOT the distraction they would have gone with if it was just a distraction.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    They were at least 20 feet away from each other, so one would hope.
    Depending on the ventilation, even 20 feet apart can be really insufficient when indoors. It's worrying to think that Biden could have gotten it from Trump on Tuesday, especially considering that those who are infected are most contagious in the days before they show any symptoms.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Nah, him catching the virus goes against his entire narrative of the last year. No matter how well he copes with it (and again, he's going to be getting the best medical treatment in the world) catching it makes him look weak and like a loser who was wrong this whole time.

It is NOT the distraction they would have gone with if it was just a distraction.
    I do wonder about that, though. I get the feeling that he wouldn't have admitted to having it so easily if it were true.

But, who the fuck knows, anymore? And that's why Trump has been so successful as a destabilizing stooge for Putin.

I'm sure Biden was also getting tested as soon as news of this hit, even before it hit news stations.

The news was staggered to avoid a panic or any sort of crisis, they would have had at least preliminary info hours ago from the quick test..

"Oh it looks like an assistant has it."
    3 hours later "Yeah we just found out, we're getting tested."
    1 hour later "Turns out we have it."

Again, they have quick tests, Trump (and anyone important in the white house) would have had at least the initial test results hours ago.

Are you telling me this virus, which was a democratic hoax, has infected our dear leader? The democrats are truly horrible, such far left extremists.

Well, one can only hope then that Biden will give some kind of confirmation in the next day or so, one way or the other.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

I can't even put into words how much I hate this year. Even the good news is bad news.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbycide View Post
    I do wonder about that, though. I get the feeling that he wouldn't have admitted to having it so easily if it were true.
    If he'd caught it in March he maybe could have hidden it.

A month before the election and when he's supposed to be out and about and have two more debates he can't hide it.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information