+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 911: ''Defeat the Emperor - The Secret Raid Operation Commences''

Default 911: ''Defeat the Emperor - The Secret Raid Operation Commences''

As the old saying goes, that's a nice plan you have there. Shame if something were to...happen to it.

Title: ''Defeat the Emperor - The Secret Raid Operation Commences''
    Chapters Covered: rest of 920-921
    Episode Director: Daisuke Nakajima (new)
    Animation Director: Masahiro Kitazaki (***1/2)
    Time: 7:30PM EST
    Watch It: www.crunchyroll.com/one-piece
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Default Re: 911: ''Defeat the Emperor - The Secret Raid Operation Commences''

One Piece Episode 912 Preview

Best part of the episode was the preview for the next episode.

For me the episode was for what it showed and the content it covered good

Little touches here and there where really what made it better for example that scene with the design on the paper and the flashback to Kinemon and the others.

But in any case as a setup episode it went by faster than i thought and i didnt feel it as a drag.

On to 912 which looks like absolute fire.
    Last edited by Papadight1992; November 23rd, 2019 at 07:25 PM.

The anime has a been on a nice streak of late.

Although the art wasn't completely on point this week, and the line filter seemed to be bugging out with some shots suffering from really ugly smudged linework, overall I really enjoyed this weeks episode. It continued the trend of well directed episodes.

From what I've seen thus far, the Wano anime seems really good at handling more lore, or laid back sorts of episodes as opposed to more action heavy or tense situations, probably because the former benefit from more than detract from slower pacing. Hence why my least favourite parts of Wano in the anime thus far have been mainly action centric bits.

With that being said, the next few episodes seem like they'll be action heavy, however, with some good directors coming up, I hope the show can nail them.

For a "calm before the storm" episode, it was actually pretty nice one.

Daisuke Nakajima did a solid job for his first time as an episode director on the show. Nice ambiance, comedic moments were on point, well composed shots, nice background art and overall solid pacing control. It seems like he's a really nice new addition to the roster of episode directors.

Some great character acting this week as well, really neat to see it become more prominent than ever.

The animation director, Masahiro Kitazaki, did a really good job as well. On top of being a solid supervisor he's also a really good KA, which is very beneficial imo.

https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/106433

Next week is where the stretch of hype episodes begins.
    Last edited by MythicalDragon; November 24th, 2019 at 02:20 AM.
    Monkey D. D. Ragon! So beastly he got two D's in his name!

One Piece sakuga nut and resident Katsumi Ishizuka fanboy

Twitter: https://twitter.com/SkippyTheRobot
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0Z...2JQKXRBkCGSHzw

Next week will be fire and looks like they might be expanding some fights a little too. This week's was surprisingly enjoyable for how little was covered. Anime doing a good job expanding on the parts skipped by Oda so it doesn't feel like filler

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information