+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Chapter 962: Daimyo and Vassals

Default Re: Chapter 962: Daimyo and Vassals

Lovely chapter.
    Oden is great and all of the Akazaya Nine are adorable.
    We get another glimpse of Shimotsuki Ushimaru, who I'm very interested in.
    How did Cat and Dog even end up in Wano? And Kawamatsu as well if he is indeed a fishman, where was he born?

Also now we know exactly when this scene from chapter 942 took place:

Hidden:

Last edited by Tarek; November 18th, 2019 at 12:55 PM. Reason: I accidentally cut off the last two panels of the second page

That scene feels like it should have been included in this chapter. Aside from the first half and the last page, everything else feels a little rushed. Emphasis on the little because it's basically a matter of adding 1-2 pages of Oden and Ashura interracting before their fight and another couple of classic montage pages before Oden becomes Daimyo, with everyone rebuilding Kuri.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarek View Post
    How did Cat and Dog even end up in Wano? And Kawamatsu as well if he is indeed a fishman, where was he born?
    Kawamatsu is a Kappa, not a Fishman.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    We don't know that for certain.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Or he is a fishman that doesn't know he is one. We don't know yet.

Kawamatsu was a "demon" at 1 point. Now he's a "kappa"? He was a fishman before he was fully shown imo and still possibly is until confirmed.

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

My conspirationist me, believes Izo and Kiku's father imprisionment is the only suspicious info we could get related to the actual reason why one of the Scabbies became a traitor.

Everyone else, just normal criminals and runaways.

Quote Originally Posted by Shift View Post
    Mangaka Musings

One Piece
    Eiichiro Oda

https://de7i3bh7bgh0d.cloudfront.net...chiro-odaP.jpg
    To celebrate Oden’s appearance, I kept making oden while working on the pages. I put a ton of beef tendon in.
    I just want to eat all of that tendon. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    How did you get through Skypiea? Those were totally new characters, but we've been anticipating Oden's backstory since Zou. Is it the lack of Straw Hats since the start of act 3? (thought we're about to get beard's big mom, and Kaido backstory, so I don't care at all)
    Skypeia had lots of characters but I think Wano has waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more characters in it

it feels less like a straw hat adventure than Skypeia was

Still loving this flashback, but I wish we didn't move so quickly through Oden recruiting Kanjuro, Raizo, and Kiku (Asura was well done though). Kanjuro in particular is probably the most underdeveloped of the retainers and I was hoping he'd get some more characterization before the final battle. Oh well, I guess there's still time.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBits
    Place your bets. Is [AlphaMale/AlphaBro, an obvious ban evader] going to get banned again today, tomorrow, or in a week?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaBro
    okay let's bet . Would love to see your losing face next week !
    An actual bet and conversation on the Chapter 905 thread, literally an hour before he got banned again.

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    My conspirationist me, believes Izo and Kiku's father imprisionment is the only suspicious info we could get related to the actual reason why one of the Scabbies became a traitor.

Everyone else, just normal criminals and runaways.
    There is also shinobu that used to be part of Fukurokuju's team and even hanzo recognized her. And her deal with law would make no sense if she is loyal. She is also not part of the 9 scabbards that orochi said he has yet to see them.
    Last edited by uniaka ikuzakas; November 18th, 2019 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarek View Post
    Or he is a fishman that doesn't know he is one. We don't know yet.
    Or maybe something similar yet unique enough all its own: a Fishman tribe made up of amphibians and aquatic reptiles; perhaps even a tribe of hybrids consisting of mixed blood Fishmen, Minks, Bird People, etc...It was once theorized prior to his reveal that Kawamatsu could've been a River Otter Mink based off a similar yokai connected to the Kappa legened, the Kawauso.

http://yokai.com/kawauso/

I'm starting to think that man seen drinking with Crocus and partially seen in Neko and Inu's childhood flashback when they were beat up may actually be a Sea or River Otter Mink, possibly a mentor to Kawamatsu even, and also a key figure that'll clue us in on the ties between all these different races on Wano. I for one think Wano's original inhabitants may have actually been a bunch of non-human races, ie a bunch of "demons" or "yokai," so it'd make sense if several hybrids were to be born from possible intermingling, leading to Sea Turtle or Frog Men, Sea Lion n Walrus Minks, Penguin n Sea Gull Bird people n such...albeit their numbers having likely been heavily reduced by the modern day. May seem farfetched speculation, but Oda's certainly been dipping his toes into the topic of half-breeds, new races, yokai, dinosaurs/dragons...all of which will inevitably culminate in Oda's treatise on evolution and the common roots of all life at some point I'm sure.

….or Kawamatsu is just a Fishman :T. I'm all but certain there was another undersea kingdom in close proximity back in the day. The giant carp and that octopus are probably lingering holdovers from the ancient Fishman/Mermaid presence...info which I'm betting will be revealed when Jimbe finally arrives on Wano...if he hasn't already that is. Where did Big Mom learn about the Giant Carp trick to entering Wano, one must ask? If it wasn't Jimbe, then I'd wager it was from intel gleamed from one of her Fishman baby daddies ( ie hammerhead shark girl's dad ).

Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    There is also shinobu that used to be part of Fukurokuju's team and even hanzo recognized her. And her deal with law would make no sense if she is loyal. She is also not part of the 9 scabbards that orochi said he has yet to see them.
    Raizou was part of the Oniwabanshu as well. Doesn't make it any suspicious at all. Considering Kin'emon, Kanjuro and Shutenmaru were straight up commiting crimes, not too bad to leave Fukurokuju.

Kiku and Izo's father in the other hand, it has the emotional link sticked to it, a betrayal could work based on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    Skypeia had lots of characters but I think Wano has waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more characters in it

it feels less like a straw hat adventure than Skypeia was
    Sypiea did have a lot of new characters, but they felt more like support characters because they didn't hog too much panel space. Whereas in Wano...
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Kiku is playing the same instrument as the person (possibly Hiyori) who closes and opens each act.

I hope Oden's log is somewhere safe in the current timeline. That wil be quite explosive if read by people

Sent from my HD1903 using Tapatalk
    “When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression."

Oden Sama... pls die fast so we can move on!

Move on to what? This is all about him lol

All praises to Oden sama

Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post
    Move on to what? This is all about him lol

All praises to Oden sama https://boxden.com/smilies/w2dg5v.png
    I thought so as well, but it seems he will be a tool to tell Roger's story.

- According to Oda, Wano arc is a story which is heavily related to the final chapter of OP.
    Naito says this flashbacks of Wano will handle the legendary adventure of Roger. Wano is the most important arc that will be related to the biggest secret about “What is ONE PIECE (as a treasure)?”

I mean, right now it is more possible than ever that a traitor is among the scabbards.
    We've seen Izo being turned into a Samurai/vassal of Kozuki Oden by Oden himself, so if Marco told Neko where to find him and that´s the reason he's taking so long, and if Izo does shows up in Wano right now, then it means we gotta get rid off one of the current Scabbies, because Toki said there would be only 9.

Whoever the traitor is, the replacement its been set already.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information