+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 910: ''The Samurai's Legend - The Man Roger Admired!''

Default 910: ''The Samurai's Legend - The Man Roger Admired!''

A samurai...Zoro's just like one right now, isn't he?

Title: ''The Samurai's Legend - The Man Roger Admired!''
    Chapters Covered: 920
    Episode Director: Satoshi Ito (***1/2)
    Animation Director: Kazuya Hisada (***1/2)
    Time: 7:30PM EST
    Watch It: www.crunchyroll.com/one-piece
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Default Re: 910: ''The Samurai's Legend - The Man Roger Admired!''

One Piece Episode 911 Preview

A very emotional episode.

Was surprised we could see Oden. I don't remember being able to see him that clearly in the Manga.

Indeed they showed him very early. This was not in the manga chapter which was adapted. We even saw a bit of Kawamatsu and his design somewhat clear. Amazing episode i loved it !

I mean, they showed him, but not really?

Like, they just expanded on the manga's showing of the events described in a shadowy non-descript way that doesn't account for all the details. Hence Oden only using one sword(like he was shown to in the manga at that point).

Yeah you are right. They def showed way more though and for me that is good.

The details from this episode that they expanded upon seem to be contradicted a bit by the info we just got in the manga. **SPOILERS AHEAD FOR ANIME-ONLY WATCHERS, READ AT OWN RISK.
    Spoiler:
    For one, they only showed him with one sword, his encounter with Ashura Doji is very different (they didn't just run into each other), and Inu/Neko washing up on shore likely seems it'll head a different way in the manga.

Maybe I'm just splitting hairs because it's so contrasting with the manga right now, but felt a little jarring.

Still really enjoyed the episode. The manga made it seem like the SHs got more info than the reader, but the anime doesn't give that impression. Not sure what to believe.

Also it raises the question again as to why Toki didn't just warp to the future with everyone including her daughter. Seemed the safest play. My gut says she can see into the future too which is why she acted this way in particular

Quote Originally Posted by Darkestsith6 View Post
    The details from this episode that they expanded upon seem to be contradicted a bit by the info we just got in the manga. **SPOILERS AHEAD FOR ANIME-ONLY WATCHERS, READ AT OWN RISK.
    Spoiler:
    For one, they only showed him with one sword, his encounter with Ashura Doji is very different (they didn't just run into each other), and Inu/Neko washing up on shore likely seems it'll head a different way in the manga.

Maybe I'm just splitting hairs because it's so contrasting with the manga right now, but felt a little jarring.

Still really enjoyed the episode. The manga made it seem like the SHs got more info than the reader, but the anime doesn't give that impression. Not sure what to believe.

Also it raises the question again as to why Toki didn't just warp to the future with everyone including her daughter. Seemed the safest play. My gut says she can see into the future too which is why she acted this way in particular
    This was intended to be in line with the info we had back in chapter 920. You could arguably say they should have changed things in retrospect, but as of chapter 920, which they adapted, we didn't know that Oden's fighting style
    and in the chapter himself, he was only shown with one sword and one scabbard.

Jazz is right they showed more than the manga but in the same time they showed things that we knew based on the same chapter they could not spoil THAT much.

It was a strong episode on the whole.

After such a well directed episode from the co-series director Aya Komaki, any episode following afterwards would feel like a little bit of a downgrade. Because of that there was some good amount of pressure on young episode director Satoshi Ito and he mostly pulled it off really well.

There were some scenes that imo felt a little bit flat and lacked gravitas, but not every shot needs to (and can) look like it's straight from a Makoto Shinkai movie.

And this episode was packed all throughout with more than enough cool shots such as creative & illustrative background art and colorful scenes etc., proving again why Nagamine's apprentice Satoshi Ito is one of the coolest episode directors on board.

Lady Toki's scene in the anime was definitely more emotional than it was in the manga and I really liked that.

There's gonna be definitely some averse reactions about these 2 particular scenes: Oden's and Ashura Douji's confrontation being a bit contradictory with one of the recent chapters and the anime making it seem like Oden died by the hands of fodder.

Well, what people tend to forget is that the pre-production of an episode happens weeks, even months, prior to an episode airing and at that time that certain chapter wasn't out. Which tells me it wasn't a deliberate call from the anime to alter the nature of the Oden/Douji confrontation but rather bad luck. Therefore I'd find it a bit unfair to knock off the anime for such a decision.

Secondly, the anime doesn't explicitly state that Oden was killed by fodder, it could just as well mean that he got captured and was about to get executed later down the road. This is what happens when the anime decides to surf on the wave of vagueness and uncertainty in a bit too dangerous manner I guess.
    Monkey D. D. Ragon! So beastly he got two D's in his name!

Duuuude

Hmm...did the anime completely leave out specifically how Oden was killed?

One Piece sakuga nut and resident Katsumi Ishizuka fanboy

Twitter: https://twitter.com/SkippyTheRobot
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0Z...2JQKXRBkCGSHzw

That was a weird episode to watch, knowing the more specific version of events that we know now.

The manga of Kinemon's story it is fine for its purposes, but with the anime stretching it is odd, not that there is anything WRONG about it....

If this weeks chapter was released a few month ago I guarentee the staff would allign it more closely to that, this episode just raises a lot on inconsistencies.

The goofiest thing is how the anime staff interpreted the silhouette of Oden compared to his design when revealed in the manga, very different...

Gotta love how Oden is clearly voiced by a 78 year old man despite him being called "young" and a "kid" multiple times in the flashback.
    Not even Naruto resorted to time travel

It seems Denjiro traveled with Kin then, unless it's Jin from samurai champloo appearing in the wrong manga
    "I'm simply an accident. Why take it all so seriously?"

Quote Originally Posted by Fraco View Post
    It seems Denjiro traveled with Kin then, unless it's Jin from samurai champloo appearing in the wrong manga
    That was Kiku who travelled with Kin.

I think Kiku didn't travel

Quote Originally Posted by Fraco View Post
    I think Kiku didn't travel
    Kiku did.

Kiku was one of the 5 that did.
    It was explicitly stated by Kinemon at the end of last episode, or the end of chapter 919.

Quote Originally Posted by JazzMazz View Post
    Kiku did.

Kiku was one of the 5 that did.
    It was explicitly stated by Kinemon at the end of last episode, or the end of chapter 919.
    Yes you are right, in fact it makes more sense like that that in reverse

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information