+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 398 "Proclamation of War" Discussion

Likes the way you smile =D Retro's Avatar

"HERE WE GO!"
    Truer words have never been spoken.

But the chapter, wow. Poor Robin, had hard enough life on the Ohara now has the whole world against her just because of some stupid paranoia by the government. But at least now we know why she acts the way she does and why she join up with Croc in the first place (thank you Oda-san for tying up loose ends). But like I said, if she got this out in the open before, they wouldn't be here about to have the government on their butts. But eh, what done is done. She knows who her friends are and that object is past. Now for the final barrier: CP9.

LET THE LONG AWAITED SHOWDOWN BEGIN...next week :P.
    Get nuts or go crazy trying.

Say the books were burned, the evidence of their having existed in the first place would be gone. If some smart (archaeologist for instance) person comes along and sees those books thrown into the lake, they'll know that the island was once a place of great scholarship, and probably investigate further since it'd be a pretty strange site to see a lake full of books.

While the books are almost certainly (with the exception of some sci-fi or supernatural explanation) illegible, the fact that the books are still in ohara is a victory.

hello? is this thing on? meethz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theinvisibleworm
    Say the books were burned, the evidence of their having existed in the first place would be gone. If some smart (archaeologist for instance) person comes along and sees those books thrown into the lake, they'll know that the island was once a place of great scholarship, and probably investigate further since it'd be a pretty strange site to see a lake full of books.

While the books are almost certainly (with the exception of some sci-fi or supernatural explanation) illegible, the fact that the books are still in ohara is a victory.
    I have a feeling we'll be seeing Ohara again. And now that the Straw Hats are officially at war with WG, they probably won't be staying in the Grand Line all the time.

music's never loud enough

Quote Originally Posted by messiah2380
    "Soge King: I-I'm trembling... with excitement..."

Wow! this is the first time I have seen Usopp not scared of the enemies in front of him...he is more "Luffy" now
    yeah .... so badass
    let's forget about Ussop, i want Soge to join mugiwara

Quote Originally Posted by joekido the Second
    Kill all the people of the world? Are you insane? I can understand Luffy declaring war on the Government but the people?

At the end of the series, you expect the SH pirates to be the olny people left in that world? That would be insane and would totally make the story an mess. Kill only those that wants to kill Robin, not all people!
    well, actually my nick name, Sanze stands for Sanity=Zero .... so yes i am insane

i actually mean "kill those people who betrayed Robin" but since i'm really mad, that slipped out of my mouth .... sorry =)

Robin : "I'm 16 ... I'll do anything you want" ...... and all they think about is money ??? stupid people >=(

wow, great chapter.
    Teenage Robin is hot.
    Lucci looks excited ready for action.

btw, how many years in the past was that bit with Crocodile set?

edit:
    Oh yes, and ty Battle Franky for the chapter.

Thanks for the chapter Battle Franky and thanks for the trans Stephen. :adore:

It was really awesome, Luffy was so great in it. He had very few and very short lines but that little what he said paired with his expression was mindblowing.

And as awesome as this chapter is as disappointed I am with Crocodile´s hand. =( And I really love smurfx´s idea that Blackbeard will chase him and get Shichibukai for that. It would really suck badly if Crocodile becomes another Buggy that´s chasing after the Strawhats.

However the positive aspect about Croc´s appearance in the title story is that it means the end to the "Oda said Crocodile is dead" rumor. That alone makes my day already. =)

Thanks for the chapter Battle Franky. This epic has trully reached a new turning point. I believe this marks the peak of the Pirate Age.
    The chapter was groundbreaking, in more ways than one. So many emotions, Robin and Franky () crying, Spandam filling his pants, Sogeking and his new weapon, Luffy is more serious than ever, and Zoro is even in moments like these, a stone cold SOB.

Zoro: Drop that bridge.

Nami: Do you have to look so EVIL?!

:laugh:

Thank you Mr. Oda.

Quote Originally Posted by theinvisibleworm
    Say the books were burned, the evidence of their having existed in the first place would be gone.
    But those volumes were collected from across the entire world; even if the people who collected them died along with the Library, they still had to get them somewhere.

If some smart (archaeologist for instance) person comes along and sees those books thrown into the lake, they'll know that the island was once a place of great scholarship, and probably investigate further since it'd be a pretty strange site to see a lake full of books.
    Not really; Ohara seems to have been rather well known thanks to it's scholars even before it was annihilated. So the presence of books in the lake wouldn't really surprise anybody else that has dedicated their entire life to history.

Plus, it seems from the last few chapters that scholars across the world have been leaned on by the World Government at one time or another; Ohara was probably the last of any number of great learning centers as it's competitors were previously wiped out by the World Government.

Provided the Navy didn't have them gathered up and shredded to make confetti for a parade. Of course, they might have just collected the books to see what material was salvageable.

If so, the archaeologists saved them only to put them in the hands of the World Government.
    Complicating things since 2009.

Awesome chapter and im notsatisfied.
    Pity they can have only 20 pages per week =(
    20 pages of awesomeness just isnt enough i tell ya.

As for the chapter itself, at first i pulled an omae no kaasan and was all "WTF Robin, you thought the strawhats would betray ou???!?!?! WTF!!"
    But then it got me thinking, RObin has been with the strawhats for a few weeks at most, and most likely their little tiff with Aokiji got her thinking about all the YEARS she has spent running away from ppl betraying her.

I suppose she loved the straw hats so much that, not only did she not want to put them in any more danger, but she also didnt want them to ever reach a point where they would look to her as a burden on them. She herself states that they are the only people in the world she has trusted in a long time, but year after year of being betrayed.....can't blame her.
    Anyway, im glad Oda justified her being angsty at enies Lobby, just shows it isnt a case of "poor writing" but absolute genius. Cant expect anything less from him.

"Im 16....I'll do anything you want..." - If I was the one she spoke those words to......<3

Quote Originally Posted by Sanze
    Robin : "I'm 16 ... I'll do anything you want" ...... and all they think about is money ??? stupid people >=(
    My toughts exatcly... <3 but wow. AMAZING chapter, really AMAZING one. Can barely put into words by the end of it i was pretty much like Franky sobbing and saying how great OP is.

And now it will be a such a mess i can't even think of... Lucci's sick bastard face, Soge trembling in excitement. The next weeks are going to be very rewarding
    baka^ni

so friday starts in a great way. yay.

so this is the saddest chapter so far . and now the party will start.
    He spent fifteen years getting loaded | Fifteen years 'till his liver exploded | Now what's Bob gonna do now that he can't drink? |

Ow... I... I'm... speachless.

Oda never stops surprising me, a freaking god he is. :D

Luffy action! Yeah!
    Old school lurker.

Oh my wondrous god above.

Sogeking's new weapon... the effect, the power. I am wtf'd.

All we need is the translation to be complete.
    This is one of Sogeking's coolest moments by far.

Quote Originally Posted by Nine
    All we need is the translation to be complete.
    This is one of Sogeking's coolest moments by far.
    Here.

*20 characters*

Immoral Combat

Wow, Sogeking is officially too cool for words now. Freaking. Awesome.

The Flashback was really good and all, but DAMN I'M GLAD THE FIGHTS BEGUN!!! Great chapter and looking forward to many more!

Hey, what up. The file is twice as big and it's going at an awful rate. Nevermind...

Damn, stephen, that was quick!

You all are pedos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Franky
    Bad move, bub!

i like the last page with Zoro looking evil ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Battle Franky
    {LINK} (14mb)

Enjoy it in FULL... at last. :sleep:
    you are indeed a legend.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information