+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Chapter 960: Introducing Kozuki Oden

Default Re: Chapter 960: Introducing Kozuki Oden

Quote Originally Posted by parklane21 View Post
    Prediction, 10 more chapters for flashback, I think:

Chapter 961: Oden resolved thee mountain God incident. Kinemon and Denjiro followed him. Oden meets 2 more scabbards in another incident.
    Chapter 962: Oden resolved the incident in 961. He gains to more scabbard followers. Oden meets 2 more scabbards on another incident.
    Chapter 963: Same as 962 with different 2 scabbards.
    Chapter 964: This time he meets 3 scabbards on another incident.
    Chapter 965: He resolved the incident on 964. And he now have 9 scabbards! He successfully sailed out of Wano in the end with Inu and Neko.
    Chapter 966: Time with whitebead skimmed. He met Roger.
    Chapter 967: Time with Roger.
    Chapter 968: More time with Roger. Return to Wano. Scabbard Reunion. Toki. Daimyo of Kuri.
    Chapter 969: Momonosuke birth. Peace time. Kaidou incident.
    Chapter 970: Death of Oden. return to current timeline.
    I want to know when he learnt how to read poneglyphs because he was rowdy as a teen. I can't see his father who disowned him passing on that knowledge.. I hope there's a chapter about that.

Quote Originally Posted by parklane21 View Post
    Prediction, 10 more chapters for flashback, I think:

Chapter 961: Oden resolved thee mountain God incident. Kinemon and Denjiro followed him. Oden meets 2 more scabbards in another incident.
    Chapter 962: Oden resolved the incident in 961. He gains to more scabbard followers. Oden meets 2 more scabbards on another incident.
    Chapter 963: Same as 962 with different 2 scabbards.
    Chapter 964: This time he meets 3 scabbards on another incident.
    Chapter 965: He resolved the incident on 964. And he now have 9 scabbards! He successfully sailed out of Wano in the end with Inu and Neko.
    Chapter 966: Time with whitebead skimmed. He met Roger.
    Chapter 967: Time with Roger.
    Chapter 968: More time with Roger. Return to Wano. Scabbard Reunion. Toki. Daimyo of Kuri.
    Chapter 969: Momonosuke birth. Peace time. Kaidou incident.
    Chapter 970: Death of Oden. return to current timeline.
    I think the scabbards are gonna be sets of 3, not two. Oden became the Daimyo of Kuri at 20, and he beat Ashura Doji a while before that (seemed to be shortly after getting exiled from the capital, which is probably coming very soon). So him Kin'nemon and Denjiro will be the first three. Kawamatsu, Inuarashi and Nekomamushi are another set(maybe the last ones considering Inu and Neko's ages), and then there's the other 3.

Quote Originally Posted by H3llion View Post
    I want to know when he learnt how to read poneglyphs because he was rowdy as a teen. I can't see his father who disowned him passing on that knowledge.. I hope there's a chapter about that.
    It was mentioned that he was the top stone mason during his imprisonment. Maybe that's when he learned how to read/write it.

I'm also interested in these mountain boars, they're said to be hundreds of years old or that incident happened hundreds of years ago.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

The flashback could be divided into several parts, with Oden's death being show only before the final battle/defeat of Kaido/Ororchi for dramatic effects.

I dont really think it will be that long honestly. I think already the next chapter could end on the cliffchanger of him meeting Whitebeard. It also depends on what will happen,of course. Did Oden become beloved by the people before or after he took the sea? And was he really loved by everyone? What did Orochi and Kaido invented to accuse and execute him? Did Oden met Toki in Wano,or,like i think,when he was a pirate? We'll see.

That was quite the blatant exposition dump. There had to be a better way to conveying Oden's life to the audience. Maybe that soured the chapter for me because I don't get Oden. Is he really supposed to be acutally cool or is he a walking macho parody not meant to be taken seriously by the audience?

I'm also wondering if Oda's editor suggested he put in the line about the kidnapped women being free to leave anytime they want. It doesn't really make sense if he's kidnapping them in the first place. He'd probably just seduce them instead.

NNID: jervinnectar

Quote Originally Posted by Nectar View Post
    I'm also wondering if Oda's editor suggested he put in the line about the kidnapped women being free to leave anytime they want. It doesn't really make sense if he's kidnapping them in the first place. He'd probably just seduce them instead.
    The women were probably charmed by Oden since the beginning and followed him willingly. The report says it is kidnapping because the general public probably understood it like that.

Is he really supposed to be acutally cool or is he a walking macho parody not meant to be taken seriously by the audience?

Given Oda passif on that side, he probably seriously thinks this macho side makes him cool
    Last edited by Kdom; October 28th, 2019 at 07:53 AM.

Is he really supposed to be actually cool or is he a walking macho parody not meant to be taken seriously by the audience?
    He is cool, and he ain't no macho (not sexist).

Guys, the kidnapping is clearly part of the lovable rogue fantasy that has all the women in Wano wetting themselves.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Sengokusgoat View Post
    I think the scabbards are gonna be sets of 3, not two. Oden became the Daimyo of Kuri at 20, and he beat Ashura Doji a while before that (seemed to be shortly after getting exiled from the capital, which is probably coming very soon). So him Kin'nemon and Denjiro will be the first three. Kawamatsu, Inuarashi and Nekomamushi are another set(maybe the last ones considering Inu and Neko's ages), and then there's the other 3.
    You know, I put those 3 together because they were left, but thinking about it, they're 'Evening Shower' Kanjuro, Kikunojo of the Lingering Snow and Raizo of the Mist. I wonder if that means something.

I guess Oden will tame the mountain god and also take the blame of kidnapping it's 'offspring'( or whatsoever). That's how Kinemon and Denjiro would become his sidekicks.
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

Denjiro is not Kyoshiro.

Shinobu can just "mature" things to a pristine state given enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghidorah Guy View Post
    I Wonder it it would work with Humans and maturing their body (Momo)

Quote Originally Posted by Ghidorah Guy View Post
    Can she? All we've seen her do is rot things so maybe she can't control it like Bonney does and just disintegrates everything.

She would be way too broken if it works on humans too. could desintegrate/age even yonkous.

Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    She would be way too broken if it works on humans too. could desintegrate/age even yonkous.
    The hax-attack of Devil Fruits can be blocked through haki, I assume that was the main reason why Oda felt the need to establish CoA the way he did.

Remember when those hax attacks could be avoided simply by keeping composure? Like Usopp being already too negative for Perona's ghosts or Luffy simply not being charmed by Hancock? That's what haki does now, no need to trigger specific emotions, fulfill certain requirements (HunterXHunter style). High willpower simply covers it all now.

So her fruit could work on humans without sufficient haki, just like Law's personality swap worked on everyone except for those with extremely strong haki.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    The hax-attack of Devil Fruits can be blocked through haki, I assume that was the main reason why Oda felt the need to establish CoA the way he did.

Remember when those hax attacks could be avoided simply by keeping composure? Like Usopp being already too negative for Perona's ghosts or Luffy simply not being charmed by Hancock? That's what haki does now, no need to trigger specific emotions, fulfill certain requirements (HunterXHunter style). High willpower simply covers it all now.

So her fruit could work on humans without sufficient haki, just like Law's personality swap worked on everyone except for those with extremely strong haki.
    This is still headcanon on your part I feel.

Also when has Law's personality swap technique failed on someone? He has only used it once.

Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    This is still headcanon on your part I feel.

Also when has Law's personality swap technique failed on someone? He has only used it once.
    Smoker told his squad to run because their haki isn't strong enough to withstand Law's techniques. Vergo was confident that his haki would protect him from Law's techniques, so was Doflamingo. In the end Vergo wasn't good enough, but it's still established that haki can protect you from certain Devil Fruit abilities.

Law's personality swap always worked, but you have to ask yourself why he didn't switch Doflamingo with a random goon or why he didn't switch Smoker with a random G-5 marine the moment they met. The answer is simple: he couldn't. Smoker had to pass out first before he could switch him with Tashigi.

And I mean come on, does anyone really believe that Kaido or Big Mom would turn to stone when hit with a blanket Mero Mero Beam? Or that they would start to rot when touched by... jeez I forgot her name. The chubby ninja woman who matures people.

Edit: Shinobu!

Smoker told his squad to run because their haki isn't strong enough to withstand Law's techniques. Vergo was confident that his haki would protect him from Law's techniques, so did Doflamingo. In the end Vergo wasn't good enough, but it's still established that haki can protect you from certain Devil Fruit abilities.

Law's personality swap always worked, but you have to ask yourself why he didn't switch Doflamingo with a random goon or why he didn't switch Smoker with a random G-5 marine the moment they met. The answer is simple: he couldn't. Smoker had to pass out first before he could switch him with Tashigi.
    I can agree regarding Law's ROOM slashes, we more or less have enough evidence for that I suppose, but It's still ultimately your headcanon for the rest though because you take that one line from Smoker/Doffy and proceed to apply it to all of Law's abilities, as well as all "hax DF abilities" in general. It's just an assumption on your part.

Same for the personality swap. Just because he hasn't used it again doesn't mean it wouldn't work. You bring up Smoker passing out, but he had no issue using it on Sanji. I mean, don't get me wrong, I don't mind going along with said headcanon, but I'm not going to pass it off as fact either when it's clearly not confirmed.

And I mean come on, does anyone really believe that Kaido or Big Mom would turn to stone when hit with a blanket Mero Mero Beam? Or that they would start to rot when touched by... jeez I forgot her name. The chubby ninja woman who matures people.

Edit: Shinobu!
    I hope they would dodge it. Nothing annoys me more than you powers don't work on me just because I'm too strong.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information