+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 957: ULTIMATE

Default Re: Chapter 957: ULTIMATE

To be fair it is the best chapter of this arc so far.
    Last.fm | Tumblr | MAL | Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー´)TSUKAME SUCCESS !
     A  TURTLE  MADE  IT  TO  THE  WATER 

Nothing happened!

We now know the bounties of all yonko I wonder what s the bounty on dragons head, shiki, Rocks and Rayleigh!?!?
    Looks like Rocks died, who killed him!? Roger, Garp, Or one of his crew Members!? Looking at the line up I would bet on kaido.

My biggest takeaway is that someone is definitely behind a lot of this convenience and it's possibly who Shanks is talking to the Gorosei about. Sengoku feels like it's pretty convenient as well. 2nd place would be that Rocks was a D. clan member and 3rd goes to Garp and the Roger Pirates saving CDs and their slaves. Everything else was just confirmation of things that I don't have heavy on my mind. I'm not giving this chapter, top 3 in the arc tho.

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theackwardstation View Post
    Nothing happened!
    Sengoku brainwashed Akainu into take actions over Wano.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

The whole Yonkou thing is just too weird to me, either way there was a time where they were called Sankou or people randomly assumed there was going to be 4 and went along with "Yon"

Quote Originally Posted by No Zaku View Post
    He might be nearing it, I just saw the sea king and thought Calm Belt.
    This is probably the classic Oda misdirection where it turns he's doing something completely different.

Remember when the understanding was that Roger and Whitebeard were these great equals coming up together. Turns out WB was the henchman of Rogers actual rival and only made a name for himself after his old Luffy was killed by Roger. Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny B. Decent View Post
    I just realized that Kaido's bit about Luffy and Law's "little pirate games" makes him so full of shit now that we know he was Rock's cabin boy. XD
    Not really. He means that Luffy isn't ready to take him at the level he is now. The same way people taught it was too early for Luffy to go to Marineford. It doesn't mean he can never get there just that he isn't right now. Or the same way the yonkos keep bitchslapping the supernovas.

The real problem is that Luffy has proven to be able to overcome great odds and upset the balance even when he is an underdog. Unlike the other supernovas.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    Remember when the understanding was that Roger and Whitebeard were these great equals coming up together. Turns out WB was the henchman of Rogers actual rival and only made a name for himself after his old Luffy was killed by Roger. Good times.
    That rivalry was never very well consolidated in the story. The more we got to know about Whitebeard during Marineford, the less he felt like a proper challenger to Roger, since they were on good terms with each other and Newgate didn't have great ambitions for his pirate life.

Also, let's not forget that Roger lived for another 14 years after Rocks' defeat, and that's the most recent part of his career as a pirate, therefore the time which the common folk remembers the best, especially because he only became the PK during the last years of his life. What we can understand is that Newgate was the other strongest guy during that era, the second greatest name, and that's how the general public perceived their relationship.

Oda wasn't playing around when he called this chapter ULTIMATE lol

Glad I made it this long to witness this chapter with y'all.... lots of love for this chapter and for my long standing OP fam!!

But I have to say... wish this chapter had some Moria in it

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Saturday View Post
    I find it hilarious when people say this is THE BESTEST CHAPTER EVER!! Like... literally nothing happened lmao. We just got bounty numbers -- which are irrelevant to the plot -- and confirmation that BM and Kaido were in a crew together; mostly shit people had already guessed at.

I mean I get it, it's cool that we found out Garp and Roger beat them up and that there's some dead guy named Rocks but god damn y'all lol
    And nobody even fought!

It's like kids getting a sugar high.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Krule274
    ]His jolly roger is ROCKS with the O being a flaming skull, and the panel with his face is just his face in shadow. My b, maybe I'm missing something?
    Look at this please

Spoiler:

Of course it can be just "shadow" in the second pic... But somehow it looks strange for me

Quote Originally Posted by Kishido View Post
    Look at this please

Of course it can be just "shadow" in the second pic... But somehow it looks strange for me
    Skull thing looks like part of that stylized flame and the facial thing looks like a laugh line.

I think if Oda wanted to hint a tattoo, he'd be a lot more direct with his art.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Skull thing looks like part of that stylized flame and the facial thing looks like a laugh line.

I think if Oda wanted to hint a tattoo, he'd be a lot more direct with his art.
    Than Rocks was the former Mera Mera user that's why BB wants to have it <3

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny B. Decent View Post
    I just realized that Kaido's bit about Luffy and Law's "little pirate games" makes him so full of shit now that we know he was Rock's cabin boy. XD
    Uh not really.
    Considering what we saw Big Mom do at such a young age, its not hard to assume that Kaido was just as strong and had a high bounty on him as well given he's basically an unkillable monster. Look at what Luffy, Ace, Sabo have accomplished despite being young when they
    started out...

Quote Originally Posted by theackwardstation View Post
    And we shouldn't underestimate Rocks' ability to persuade those pirates to follow him for a greater cause. He is supposed to be someone really special.
    That's an argument I strongly disagree with. It would be like if we go 5 years in the future and we learned Zoro left and joigned some other crew. My problem is not how awesome the captain is but how it doesn't match the character that made this choice.

Now we can disagree on what a character would or wouldn't do. But Rocks is great so nothing we know about the character matters is not a good argument.

Quote Originally Posted by killerbee1000 View Post
    This isn't just the chapter of the year, this is the best chapter of this series so far.

When it comes to world building and writing lore, Oda is a master. He gives you just enough information to keep you wanting to come back for more. He plants seeds you didn't even know were there to begin with.
    My sentiments are closer to this. It's at least an easy top 5 chapter for me. It SHOULD no question be the highest for me lore-wise, even beating out the Rayleigh lore chapter in Sabaody which I've always been a massive fan of. Emotionally, obviously it doesn't have much to offer, and isn't trying to offer anything towards that. It certainly set a really high bar, I can't see this chapter being beat until we're in the middle of the War of Onigashima. I'm also significantly more excited for Oden's flashback after this chapter, far more than I was for Fisher Tiger's for example.

If annnyone was questioning Garp before this, that shit can be put to bed permanently. The man can end nations with just his fists.

Quote Originally Posted by Minions View Post
    We now know the bounties of all yonko I wonder what s the bounty on dragons head, shiki, Rocks and Rayleigh!?!?
    Looks like Rocks died, who killed him!? Roger, Garp, Or one of his crew Members!? Looking at the line up I would bet on kaido.
    Dragon i'll venture a guess and say 5.1 Billion. He's called the most wanted man/or world's worst criminal which assumes he also has the highest bounty at a time Whitebeard was still alive.

Quote Originally Posted by FelRes View Post
    To be fair it is the best chapter of this arc so far.
    It hardly belongs to the 'arc' though as of now.
    Also I believe those were some wasted panels with large shot of bounty posters( Roger and WB was pretty forced with meek excuse) and marines reacting.
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

I really wonder why Sengoku pretends he doesn't know stuff about the D's while showing super nervous at Whitebeards statement about the One Piece.

So far, it's looking like both things are super connected, yet Sengoku doesn't ask questions or is too affraid to do so.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information