+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 LastLast

Thread: Fan the Hammer: A Mafia Game

Default Re: Fan the Hammer: A Mafia Game

@SUDK concerning 3rd parties, was the color of the gun the sole reason you began to suspect it? What about Kitsune made you think that if him? Did you ever think his gunsmith claim might be true?

I know you probably addressed some of this before, just wondering how you'd frame it all now.

*of him.

Apologies for the absence. Had crap to do then accidentally slept for 12 hours.

My reason for suspecting a third-party was:
    1. Jabs made a comment early on concerning third-parties, and it made me start considering them.
    2. Throughout Day 2 I'd considered the possibility of a third-party often, and concluded that with the set-up we had (i.e. 2 Mafia, Town can survive a Day after getting shot), a third-party would have to make things more fair for the Mafia. I thought the game was favoured towards the Town (and still do).
    3. Jabs' death revealed an item that I assumed was created by a third-party due to the colour.
    4. Kitsune claimed to have given the item to Jabs, which I concluded meant that Kitsune provided a third-party-coloured item.
    5. Kitsune's ability to give guns to the populace definitely didn't seem like a Town role in this set-up to me. The ability seemed very chaotic and powerful, and was the perfect thing to make a fairer game for the Mafia.

I dropped all of this reasoning when Kitsune was revealed to not be third-party.
    I also believed that regardless of whether his gunsmith claim was true he was a threat. In Post #514 I outlined why I thought a Kitsune lynch would benefit the Town. I recall you being critical of this, but I stand by it. A gunsmith Kitsune is a threat to Town, regardless of being third-party or Town, and I couldn't see someone making this sort of claim otherwise. So yeah, I believed his gunsmith claim but acted regardless of it.
    That was all my reasoning against Kitsune, and for a third-party.

Shuhan, I'm super tempted to vote now, but I'm waiting until Kmo comes back at least.

Hey guys, I am back. Was crazy busy, so sorry for not checking in.

Yesterday, I was convinced that there are three Mafia's, still do kinda, maybe no swords was a Mafia. As for the reason, I think I have touched on it, but I guess I will take this opportunity to contextualize it.

Let's look at Kitsune Inferno's behavior throughout the days.

Day 1: He arrives late, but other than that, his behavior is perfectly sane. He gives Kirbycide great explanations on Mylo and lylo (I got a nice refresher as well) and he seems a rather normal townie
    Day 2: All weirdness break loose. He goes much too far in Jabberwok defense, even hard claiming. His actions are scummy as hell, and it's almost like he wants to be facing heat.
    Day 3: He goes to drastic lengths to not get lynched on day 3. Claiming he was shot, full claiming... Something, and saying that we can lynch him day 4 if he is lying.

I was honest to God sold at the idea that he was even day jester, cuz its the only way his behavior made sense to me. That's why I pushed for his lynch day 3. I don't know where SUDK is getting that my push would have seemingly protected Kitsune? That's NOT true.

Next, Kitsune flips Mafia, and the best theory in my head for his behavior is now that there are three Mafia's (doesn't explain his scumminess day 2,but does explain him not wanting to die day 3)

The other main reason was that I didn't think the delayed kill mechanic makes the game fair to Mafia, unless there are three of them.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Anyway, I am planning to vote for SUDK. If I have Foolio's confidence and vote, I think we can proceed?
    Quote Originally Posted by xterm
    The problem with [the world] is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
    Thanks Sky for the Avatar

Last few hours of the final day and we're still talking about three mafia? I honestly don't know why No Swords wasn't mod killed but. =|

I think the delayed kills are a double-edged sword, something that maybe helps the town earlier in the game but probably helps the mafia more later, due to delayed closure on flips and the ability to lie about being shot. Overall I think it's interesting but doesn't cause an imbalance.

Unfortunately I have to go. So I guess I'm going to have to be the first to cast a vote. Honestly SUDK has answered my questions in depth and his posts continue to sound reasonable and honest. I don't get the impression he is lying about being shot based on his behavior today. kmo, despite my back and forth feelings, plus some misunderstandings along the way, I don't heavily suspect you. But right now between the two of you I'm going to have to vote for you. I don't know if the absence was planned or not, if not it's really unfortunate, but it doesn't help. And I was honestly hoping your post when you finally returned to be more about the situation at hand than about No Swords and focusing on Kitsune's behavior. Kitsune just acted weirdly and inconsistently, period. I'm not sure pondering it now is going to help, especially when you aren't even talking about it in relation to his interactions with others.

At any rate, good luck once again. Sorry if my "early" vote costs the game >.<

Vote Lynch: kmohyudin

kmo, I didn't see your last merge before I wrote my post... but I can't really stick around to discuss... as it stands I went with my gut lol.

I guess it's fair Foolio :D

Though I must say, I was only answering SUDK's direct question on 3 Mafia (which I think you said you are waiting for answer too?) And, SUDK did say that I was somehow protecting Kitsune, which I felt I needed to respond to.

Anyway, all I can say is that your gut is wrong lol. I honestly think SUDK is the mafia, since I explicitly said I would vote for SUDK, and you could have voted for them right now and won (if you were Mafia).

Do reconsider once more, that's all I can say.

Vote Lynch: SUDK
    The problem with [the world] is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Well... I will say I'd be pissed at a no-lynch. SUDK isn't going to vote for himself and at this point I'm starting to worry he won't even show up. So as usual, I pray that what you think is correct... I don't suspect either of your particularly but all the pressure is on me now =|

Unvote

Vote Lynch: SUDK

Lynch has been achieved.

SuDoKu was a townie. He won when all threats to the town were eliminated.

Foolio and Kitsune Inferno have won.

:/

My second and third highest suspects from Day 1. Never not trust your guts again kmohyudin!

Well played Foolio!

Safe=Kmohyudin

Safe=No Swords

Bleed=SuDoKu

Bleed= Kirbyside

Bleed=Skull Joke

Bleed=Kitsune Inferno

Bleed=Foolio

Safe=Huschel

Safe=Jabbers

Bleed=Sky

This is the list from day one when you all picked vests. Funny enough, both mafia picked bleeder vests.

Townies were scummier than mafias the whole game tho, lmao.

That ended up being a pretty decent game!

Kitsune shot kmo on Night 2 and then claimed to be shot, which meant a good portion of the rest of the game was spent wondering if Kits was just making it up or if kmo had a reflector vest. I assume all the "safe" vests were only one-shot bulletproof and it just never came up.

Also, fun fact, No Swords was a Vigilante.

If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

Stay foxy out there! Kitsune Inferno's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kmohyudin View Post
    Let's look at Kitsune Inferno's behavior throughout the days.

Day 1: He arrives late, but other than that, his behavior is perfectly sane. He gives Kirbycide great explanations on Mylo and lylo (I got a nice refresher as well) and he seems a rather normal townie
    Day 2: All weirdness break loose. He goes much too far in Jabberwok defense, even hard claiming. His actions are scummy as hell, and it's almost like he wants to be facing heat.
    Day 3: He goes to drastic lengths to not get lynched on day 3. Claiming he was shot, full claiming... Something, and saying that we can lynch him day 4 if he is lying.

I was honest to God sold at the idea that he was even day jester, cuz its the only way his behavior made sense to me. That's why I pushed for his lynch day 3. I don't know where SUDK is getting that my push would have seemingly protected Kitsune? That's NOT true.

Next, Kitsune flips Mafia, and the best theory in my head for his behavior is now that there are three Mafia's (doesn't explain his scumminess day 2,but does explain him not wanting to die day 3)
    Now that the game is over, I can clarify: The whole Jabberwok wagon farce was what did me in: I legitimately thought you guys had us based on Role PMs or something because of the whole "Imma be vague but everyone who is town should know EXACTLY what I'm talking about" thing. I felt trapped in a corner because you had me AND my scumbuddy at the top of your list. My Jabberwok lynch vote was the nadir of my game: it was something I didn't think I could walk back from, so... let's go for a wild ass claim.

My secondary goal, which I foolishly failed to relay to my scumbuddy, was to give him a compelling reason to bus me. When he didn't, I thought we were toast, but I almost feel like the fact that he didn't is what clenched him this victory. :D

But yeah, everything from the moment I voted to lynch Joobz to the moment of my lynch, was just... really bad gameplay. But I'm glad Foolio was able to recover. That's why he's one of the best!

Wonderful game, I had lots of fun. Congrats Foolio and Kitsune. I don't really get the setup fully, but it wasn't in your favour.
    Last edited by Huschel; September 20th, 2020 at 10:49 AM. Reason: *writes down* Only a dead Foolio is an innocent Foolio
    Just something fun I made during the latest Survivor playing as Monji:
    Spoiler:

Lol, No Swords was a vig? Fantastic! And I was shot? But, I had a safe vest? But, I also didn't KNOW that I was shot? Did Kitsune know that the shot didn't work?

I am with Huschel that I still don't understand the mechanics of the game. So, the numbers were related to vests? And also the guns? When we repicked the numbers, did the vests change too?

The second set of numbers was to deal out Swords' gun. Didn't want that to just disappear lol. Then Jabs goes and gets lynched, town 2as just not allowed to have a gun.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information