Thread: Fan the Hammer: A Mafia Game

Default Re: Fan the Hammer: A Mafia Game

I’m doing it!

Unvote
    Vote Lynch: Huschel

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Sky, hammer away if you are here!

Okay then. I will also say that I have enjoyed this game very much. And Kirby, I think that was a fantastic game you played. Regardless of your alignment.

Also, sorry if my posting style lost us the game. Maybe NoSwords was mafia. :P
    Just something fun I made during the latest Survivor playing as Monji:
    Spoiler:

With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch

Foolio (2): Sky, Huschel

Huschel (3): kmohyudin, Foolio, Kirbycide

not voting
    SuDoKu

Okay, I guess this is it.

Unvote

Vote Lynch: Huschel

Awesome Koala by Heart~

I really hope Huschel is yanking our chain, if not, well played Mafia...
    Quote Originally Posted by xterm
    The problem with [the world] is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
    Thanks Sky for the Avatar

Lynch has been achieved

Huschel was a townie. He won when all threats to the town were eliminated. He also dropped a gun, its chamber empty.

But wait...theres more!

Sky and Kirbycide both bleed out. They both were townies. They won when all threats to the town were eliminated.

It is now night, you have 24 hours to send in any actions.
    Last edited by Shuhan; September 17th, 2020 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kmohyudin View Post
    I really hope Huschel is yanking our chain, if not, well played Mafia...
    I'm not. I'm really squicked out by those moth eggs...
    Last edited by Huschel; September 17th, 2020 at 09:09 AM. Reason: Oops, all dead.
    Just something fun I made during the latest Survivor playing as Monji:
    Spoiler:

day. All seems well

With 3 alive, it takes 2 to lynch

Not Voting
    Kmohyudin
    Foolio
    SuDoKu

You have 48 hour to lynch.

Ha- Well, disheartening doesn't even begin to describe what I am feeling right now. But, the current situation is in of itself very interesting.

No one died last night, so, at least the theory that Mafia has some sort of one shot-no bleed-death ray is down the drain, then I don't think anyone took it seriously either. I can confirm that I was NOT shot last night, if Foolio and SUDK can confirm the same, we can move on.

Right now we are playing the best version of Mafia IMO. Three players in MYLO. One scum and two towns. Let the hunts begin! The stupidest thing for the town will be to vote prematurely, because if the vote is on a townie, the mafia can hammer immediately and win.

We didn't get to pick numbers, so I am guessing no random gun tonight? This is unexpected.

Anyway, I will reread Foolio's and SUDK's posts again, and try to come up with a plan. Good luck to both of you too!! I have to say, this has been a very fun game...
    The problem with [the world] is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Ah yes, the classic Mexican standoff scenario lol. I was not shot.

I guess I feel slightly vindicated in that my views were not crazy, but we're down to 3 so I'm not exactly celebrating. I was also expecting to pick new numbers but I guess that would somewhat "spoil" the endgame with RNG? What would happen if we got a mislynch, the remaining townie received a gun, and then the mafia and townie mutually shot each other? Is that a draw? Would the game end before even going to a night phase? If so then it makes sense that we wouldn't bother picking numbers, because I really doubt anyone would try suggesting a no-lynch XD.

I know the game has had its rough patches but I share your sentiments of luck and fun, and it's an honor to be here at the end with you two. It hasn't been common in my experience for games to reach this scenario, much less with me alive. I feel I owe SUDK particular thanks; seemed like I was very close to being lynched otherwise. I do have to re-read and think back on how to contextualize it all because SUDK has just "felt" townie, and on the other hand kmo I've gone back and forth on constantly, and still trying to interpret the aggression (in terms of playstyle). kmo, you kind of stole my thunder this game in that regard lol. I also need to re-read Sky's suspicions.

Guess first of all I will wait to hear from SUDK regarding being shot.

Yeah, I was shot. Yay for me.

So two of us are operating under the assumption that we're trying to weed out one Mafia from the others. That's a lot of responsibility.

Before reading posts:
    I'll need to scrutinise Foolio more. My current Town outlook on him is something I either need to prove or destroy.
    Foolio's jumping of wagons has been ridiculous, and even if he always gives his reasoning the jumping itself is whack.
    Kmo's speculations and leading the Town on goose chases for more than a Day was crazy, and I've had him on my radar for a significant portion of the day.
    On the other hand, Foolio wasn't lynched first...

Quote Originally Posted by SomebodyUDon'tKnow View Post

Yeah, I was shot. Yay for me.

So two of us are operating under the assumption that we're trying to weed out one Mafia from the others. That's a lot of responsibility.

Before reading posts:
    I'll need to scrutinise Foolio more. My current Town outlook on him is something I either need to prove or destroy.
    Foolio's jumping of wagons has been ridiculous, and even if he always gives his reasoning the jumping itself is whack.
    Kmo's speculations and leading the Town on goose chases for more than a Day was crazy, and I've had him on my radar for a significant portion of the day.
    So, you were shot. This goes against my understanding of the game. At the same time, this also seems like the only thread that I could pull on, so, anything more that you can tell us about it? Were you expecting someone to get shot today? And, in retrospect, what do you think of Kitsune Inferno's claim that he was shot?

On the other hand, Foolio wasn't lynched first...
    Hey Jabberwok, if you are looking down at us from heaven, can you answer me this, this is a joke, right? Now that you are gone... Who is to there to explain these things to me?? *sniff*

Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    Ah yes, the classic Mexican standoff scenario lol. I was not shot.

I guess I feel slightly vindicated in that my views were not crazy, but we're down to 3 so I'm not exactly celebrating. I was also expecting to pick new numbers but I guess that would somewhat "spoil" the endgame with RNG? What would happen if we got a mislynch, the remaining townie received a gun, and then the mafia and townie mutually shot each other? Is that a draw? Would the game end before even going to a night phase? If so then it makes sense that we wouldn't bother picking numbers, because I really doubt anyone would try suggesting a no-lynch XD.

I know the game has had its rough patches but I share your sentiments of luck and fun, and it's an honor to be here at the end with you two. It hasn't been common in my experience for games to reach this scenario, much less with me alive. I feel I owe SUDK particular thanks; seemed like I was very close to being lynched otherwise. I do have to re-read and think back on how to contextualize it all because SUDK has just "felt" townie, and on the other hand kmo I've gone back and forth on constantly, and still trying to interpret the aggression (in terms of playstyle). kmo, you kind of stole my thunder this game in that regard lol. I also need to re-read Sky's suspicions.

Guess first of all I will wait to hear from SUDK regarding being shot.
    Haha, sorry about that. Then again, I don't think we have played a game together before, or else you would have known from the start that you are in for a competition.

@SUDK Feel free to ask me about any of my my wagon "jumping..." I was never just switching my votes on a whim. And by me not being lynched first, do you mean shot first? I don't believe I have a reputation for being lynched early? Or maybe I'm completely misunderstanding what you mean.

@kmo I'm sure we must have played at some point... but it might have been a really long time ago.

Anyway I'm trying to decide what to make of the SUDK shot claim and the whole WIFOM aspect of it. On the one hand, SUDK posted last, giving him free reign to fake claim being shot if he wanted. But that sounds risky. I don't think the possibility of a shot being fired is out of the question; we only have one case of a kill not happening and while I'm not sure it makes sense for the shot to have been intentionally withheld, I do think it's possible one or more of our vests actually work.

Last night, however, I'm questioning whether firing a shot makes sense as opposed to withholding it? Why give a townie the chance to use it to their benefit? Afraid of a no-lynch?

kmo: If the mafia can kill every night, what do you think happened on Night 2?

Honestly no one being shot would've been the smarter play in my opinion. There'd be far less to go on, at least as far as the mortally-challenged are concerned.
    I don't believe Kitsune was shot at all, just like on the day. Though admittedly for different reasons than it ended up being, I believed he was faking it, and was determined to lynch him even if he wasn't due to being dangerous to the Town.

Foolio being lynched first was a joke. In general he's a highly competent player, so not losing him on the first night tends to be suspicious sometimes. 10% of the time it's right every time.

Yeah, I meant killed by the Mafia, not shot referring to my Foolio joke. My bad. It was a joke.

Foolio, you definitely moved from wagon to wagon a lot. Never without reason, but it was still a crazy amount. Once I think of what I can ask concerning that I'll definitely do so.

Okay. I switched my vote around a few times early on but I stand by all of it and don't feel it was a "crazy amount." Day 2 I was pressuring inactivity or feeling futile pursuing Kitsune, while on Day 3 I genuinely believed a Kitsune lynch was unnecessary (obvious Day 3 lynch if he was lying about being shot) and got frustrated trying to pursue my top suspects at the time (kmo and Kirby).

I think it was just poor timing but it's unfortunate that you just ended up responding to the question I was posing to kmo.

*Obvious day 4 lynch.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    Anyway I'm trying to decide what to make of the SUDK shot claim and the whole WIFOM aspect of it. On the one hand, SUDK posted last, giving him free reign to fake claim being shot if he wanted. But that sounds risky. I don't think the possibility of a shot being fired is out of the question; we only have one case of a kill not happening and while I'm not sure it makes sense for the shot to have been intentionally withheld, I do think it's possible one or more of our vests actually work.

Last night, however, I'm questioning whether firing a shot makes sense as opposed to withholding it? Why give a townie the chance to use it to their benefit? Afraid of a no-lynch?

kmo: If the mafia can kill every night, what do you think happened on Night 2?
    My current best guess is that it's probably something stupidly simple, like they just couldn't PM on time or something like that. Come to think of it, my main reason to believe the "mafia can only shoot every other day working theory" was that I was thinking that there is a 3 Mafia team. Honestly, it just seemed unbalanced otherwise because of the bleed mechanics. But, maybe Shuhan thought it was enough to have an all-vanilla town? It would certainly seem to be the case considering the situation we are currently at.

Though I must say, shooting SUDK seems so needless ATM. There is no way town is going to No-Lynch today, so either way, if the town mislynches, doesn't the mafia win automatically? But then Mafia probably didn't know that there wouldn't be any random number stuff today, so they were thinking that maybe the town will get a gun as well, which complicates things?? Not to mention that similar arguments can be made for and against SUDK fake-claiming. This really is the WIFOM hell...

Now, I will be honest here. I am leaning a bit more towards an SUDK lynch than a Foolio's. SUDK's push of a possible third party based on ONE post from Jabberwok was a little bit odd. Then their continual insistence well into Day 3 makes it even more murky. Plus there is odd feeling that SUDK has been gliding by without much detection, and the fact that they got weirdly defensive when Sky put a vote on them... Combining all of it makes me think that there is a better chance that they are the Mafia.

This is where I stand. I need a bit more evidence to convince myself of the fact, but, I guess this is a good starting point.

I stopped pushing a third-party aspect after Kitsune was lynched. The only times I mentioned it afterwards were when I was questioned on it, and my mentioning that I wasn't pursuing that line of thinking anymore. I started with believing Jabs was one, due to his post early on, and his gun cemented that idea for me. Until Kitsune flipped Mafia I believed there was a third-party, and that it was likely Kitsune.
    I wouldn't say I was defensive in my reaction to Sky's post, and gave her ample time to respond or continue discussion. I was 'defensive' over Sky's accusations because she was not only presumably shot, meaning less of a lynch target, but also because her accusations picked specific examples of what I'd said in an effort to ally me with Kitsune, and that apparently most didn't have an issue with that. This is despite me being very openly against Kitsune throughout the Day. I also have may have my Days mixed up, so to be clear I'm referring to the Day that ended with Kitsune's lynch.

Ah, yeah Foolio, I misremembered. I recalled you starting multiple wagons throughout the Day, but it was actually you started a fourth wagon later in the Day. I remembered you calling yourself out, but not what you actually said apparently. My bad.
    I'm still leaning more toward Kmo, though, due to his secrecy throughout Days 2 and 3, and his support of theories (specifically 'even-day Jester' and 'every second day Mafia') that would've seemingly protected Kitsune for at least the Day. I also can't read Kitsune working with Foolio at all.

@Kmo: how many Mafia did you believe there to be yesterday, and why?
    @Foolio: assuming Kmo is Mafia, why do you think he targeted myself instead of you?

SUDK, refresh the damn page before you post.

Not going to lie, I've been kinda busy and didn't take the time to go back and properly re-examine Sky and SUDK's interactions, but I will definitely do so later.

Quote Originally Posted by SomebodyUDon'tKnow View Post
    @Foolio: assuming Kmo is Mafia, why do you think he targeted myself instead of you?
    Well. I'm not sure why a shot was fired in the first place. But ignoring that, maybe it could be because you absolutely refused to vote me yesterday? Shooting me could potentially convince you even more that I'm town, so instead he would be banking on me going for you today.

Okay, it's way too late here but there's been no activity and I said I'd follow up. When I re-read Sky's post, it has some really interesting observations but I'm not sure how substantial they are. Mostly regarding his Kitsune and SUDK interacted, with there being a brief callout but not much more direct responses. This is all good stuff to note, but it's not enough to convince me of anything on its own. The bit about vote timing and seeming non-committal also feels a little weak, but I wasn't around at the time.

I will say SUDK's response after Sky's post was brought up seemed a bit strong. Not sure if any of it was tongue in cheek. But again I don't think it's outside the realm of reasonableness. Then again we're at a stage where the small things might count, given that I don't inherently suspect SUDK. He's agreed with me a lot and I'm trying to be objective but I'm not sure what else to say. Have to sleep but I'm still twirling the issue of being shot today in my head. Hopefully kmo can answer the question posed to him in the meantime.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information