+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 956: BIG NEWS

Default Re: Chapter 956: BIG NEWS

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    Kizaru has some light powered kicks but most of the time he is shooting beams and doing "elemental sorcery stuff", at best he has a mixed fighting style. Logia can be used with close-range fight, most of the users do that actually, but detracts too much from it for it to stay as the primary fighting form.
    I suppose Sanji could limit the Mera Mera to ways that would just complement his kicking style instead of going firebender mode, but then it would feel like the fruit was being wasted. The suit on the other hand is hand-tailored to complement his fighting style (because, you know, that's what actually happened).
    And Sanji could do fire attacks with his legs. In close combat, Kizaru has always used kicking.
    Sabo did the same, sure he did Hiken, partly because it is strong, but also symbolically, but most of the time, he adapts to his own close quarter fighting style.

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Obviously not completely.
    Garp is retired from normal activities. The marines convinced him to stay only to teach young folks, and I guess he can help with light stuff like protecting the Neptune family... but he won't be sent to missions where he'll have to capture a Shichibukai.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    Not entirely. Afterall we are looking at him as this very moment working as one. He retains his rank as Vice Admiral and he is still part of the Marine.

Although the One Piece world is one where someone like Garp can say "No way I'm doing that" with a laugh and nobody would be able to do anything to force him. And I can perfectly see him opposing to take part on this Shichibukai whole deal. Even if he was against the Shichibukai system, I can see someone like him not agreeing with sending war fleets to warn their former partners the agreement was over on the same breath as putting them under arrest (not that Akainu could have dealt with it any other way, though. Giving time to those super powerful pirates, used to have their backs held by the government, to take preemptive action would probably mean they would reach the Emperors looking for patronage, effectively having one of the Three Powers join forces with the enemy rather than abolishing it).
    Garp asked for retirement, and Kong asked him to stay only to teach young marines. Garp said ok.

It's pretty clear that Garp holds his title only for bureaucracy, not to do any kind of heavy work, fighting and stuff. He may accept to be the protector of Neptune for a quick voyage, but that's a long shot away from commanding a fleet to capture a Shichibukai.
    Last edited by theackwardstation; September 21st, 2019 at 09:00 AM.

Raid Suit is awesome but the way Oda let Sanji's use it the first time wasn't.

Some still question if Drake is the 1 that helped Law, but Drake is introduced in 956 with the same part of the body shown with the silhouette in 954. It's purposely shown like that

Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    Considering how much hate raid suit sanji got, would you guys rather if he got the mera mera no mi instead?
    I don't like either but I think the mera would be better. Theme wise I think it fits better. I'm not worried about him losing the martial art since everyone has hardening. I also think it gives him less of power up and more of a new arsenal he has to work on and develop. Also the fruit would come from people that loves and value and be there to strengthen a bond.

I don't like the mera because I prefer the idea of Sanji improving by himself. But I hate the suit because not only is it a power up but it comes from the wrong people, is given for wrong reasons and doesn't fit much of Sanji's theme.

I hope the weapons Vegapunk has is actual tech like a gun or device. And not just I made better robots AKA more figthers.

Dear god no. Please save us from Fire fist Sunkist.

I'll take a suit made from Hitler himself over Poochie.

But president hitler is not tech savvy enough.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Dont tell me the news are that Sabo is captured and Oda is preparing a marineford 2.0 with Sabo taking Aces place...

So with Drake being the captain of sword, should we assume he's the leader of the squad? I feel like he's not high-ranking enough for that.

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    I hope the weapons Vegapunk has is actual tech like a gun or device. And not just I made better robots AKA more figthers.
    Sentomaru already gave out there are newer Pacifista models. And since we've yet to see any...
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Sentomaru already gave out there are newer Pacifista models. And since we've yet to see any...
    They can be ground support just not the main weapon.
    Last edited by desa; September 21st, 2019 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LightningAce View Post
    What final arc?

There's Elbaf
    The final Road poneglyph
    Blackbeard
    Raftel
    Possibly a flashback so we get to see what happened during the void century...
    the final battle
    All of that will be one arc. Elbaf might be a stop along the way though, same arc. Thats my prediction.

Skypiea, Dressrosa, Whole Cake Island, Wano... all proof arcs can be rediculous in size!
    My Discord Roleplay! It takes place in modern-day Japan and features Japanese mythological creatures that players can play as and vampires and werewolves. Yakuza expansion is out too!
    https://discord.gg/sMsVfNX

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    Dear god no. Please save us from Fire fist Sunkist.

I'll take a suit made from Hitler himself over Poochie.
    Yeah keep him away and lol at people really thinking Sabo is dead

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    But president hitler is not tech savvy enough.
    Alright make it powered by the now forsaken souls of dead saints.

Quote Originally Posted by Sengokusgoat View Post
    So with Drake being the captain of sword, should we assume he's the leader of the squad? I feel like he's not high-ranking enough for that.
    Rear-admiral with a special command posting sounds pretty high up. But i still think Sengoku holds the highest command in the sword unit. Unless Akainu has now taken over, but i doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    They can be ground support just not the main weapon.
    I very much hope that they reveal something of that nature. Something that either attacks ambition or devilfruit useage. Something standard issue that would give the regular rank and file marines some edge in battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Kishido View Post
    Yeah keep him away and lol at people really thinking Sabo is dead
    It would suprise me greatly if Oda recycles the dead brother plot for another go in such a short time

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    I very much hope that they reveal something of that nature. Something that either attacks ambition or devilfruit useage. Something standard issue that would give the regular rank and file marines some edge in battle.
    I really hope a device that emits sea wave weakening df users AKA almost every captain and 90% of the big shots in this world. Like you go from yonko to strong commander. And conveniently let Mihawk be awesome because he's one of the few without one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    Oh yeah, don't get me wrong - certain fruits are absolutely instant power ups to some degree. Mainly those that are already famous for being powerful. Like a logia-type is clearly useful, even if you feed it to someone like Caribou. That's why everyone wants them. Or the Gura Gura, where controlling the fruit doesn't matter if all you want is mindless destruction (fitting for Blackbeard).

But compared to the Raidsuit (the plus-10-to-all stats-thank-you-daddy-suit) there is room for improvement, room for effort, room for growth. Sabo (the prodigy, not your average dude) was able to launch a Hiken instantly. But I doubt he could use Ace' ultimate technique the moment he consumed the fruit. Why else would Oda bother to show him train the ability after all? You don't have to do that if it's really just about getting accustomed to the fruit. Else you could say Zoro is just getting accustomed to Enma, despite him training hard all these days in preparation for the war.

There is simply no room to grow with the raid suit, unless that growth involves Sanji asking his Nazi family for upgrades.

"Daddy, could you upgrade my raidsuit? We're about to fight the government!"
    "Again? I already bought you the newest model last month!"
    "But daddy, it's about Lebensraum in North Blue!"
    "Oh okay, why didn't you say that earlier. Here's my credit card, also take some cloned slave soldiers while you're at it. Love ya!"

Granted, I'm not saying Sanji should eat the Mera Mera, it's still not what the Straw Hats are about (the people who turn shitty abilities into something amazing), but it would still be easier to digest for me than the raid suit.
    But this applies to many abilities, albeit not as significant as Mera or Gura. Zoans are a no-brainer, they provide a physical boost and basically strengthen your already existing fighting style (you could argue that Sanji´s suit works like a Zoan really, only difference might be that you probably need to adjust your transformations, seeing Kaku, but that´s really all). And then there is Awakening of course, but only a handful of guys reach that point really. Logias similarly, they do not give a physical boost, but the intangibility will take you a long way, look at Caribou. Paramecia are a bit trickier in that regard, but the hax ones immediately give a huge boost.

I do not see that much difference between Emperor and Hiken, looking at how Ace was able to destroy several ships with one attack, and the island he used Emperor on was pretty small. Sabo is getting used to using it alongside his usual fighting style, he is not completely adapt to how Ace used it, but he is using it his way, hence you get dragon twist with fire, or Sabo using his speed with fire (no weight) to launch an attack, or kicking and so forth.
    But i see no problem actually drawing out the power, which is what Crocodile first talked about, atl east that´s how i interpreted it back then.

Like i said, i still see it as akin to Zoan, plus invisibility. He gets the stats, he can still use his usual fighting style and it gets more powerful, he can still improve himself.
    Besides transformation, like i mentioned, i do not see how you could train a Zoan fruit except physically, which Sanji can do now as well.

So the general consensus is that Sengoku is leading "Sword" and Akainu doesn't even know that Sword exists?

Can someone give me an update here, what gives people the idea that Akainu isn't involved or even aware?

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi
    Like i said, i still see it as akin to Zoan, plus invisibility. He gets the stats, he can still use his usual fighting style and it gets more powerful, he can still improve himself.
    Besides transformation, like i mentioned, i do not see how you could train a Zoan fruit except physically, which Sanji can do now as well.
    Yeah no. You can't just ignore the accomplishments of Zoan users like they don't count, like Chopper training 2 years just to unlock various new forms (not even talking about awakening).
    If the Raid Suit would be a zoan ability, then Sanji would have unlocked all forms and abilities the moment he put it on. And this is not how Zoans (and fruits in general) work. There is a clear path to follow, whether that path is easier to pursue for some people (due to talent or whatever) is a different story.
    Sanji can develop his skills apart from the suit, sure, but he can't develop the abilities of the suit. He just got an upgrade for free, with zero effort. And that simply doesn't fit the road of every other Straw Hat. It's mega unusual, and it really surprises me that not more people see how weird this is. It stands out, a lot, it's really not comparable to any other Straw Hat upgrade so far.
    Last edited by Jabra; September 21st, 2019 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephi View Post
    All of that will be one arc. Elbaf might be a stop along the way though, same arc. Thats my prediction.

Skypiea, Dressrosa, Whole Cake Island, Wano... all proof arcs can be rediculous in size!
    There is a difference between a 70-80 chapter arc like Skypeia and WCI to 300 chapters arc

So the general consensus is that Sengoku is leading "Sword" and Akainu doesn't even know that Sword exists?

Can someone give me an update here, what gives people the idea that Akainu isn't involved or even aware?
    Nah, some people are playing with scenarios.

Quote Originally Posted by DollarScholar View Post
    Dont tell me the news are that Sabo is captured and Oda is preparing a marineford 2.0 with Sabo taking Aces place...
    Nah, after rereading the chapter several times, I agree with those saying that the chapter is implying that he has done something considered outrageous for his character rather than it being reported that he died or something. Maybe it's an assassination attempt, maybe something else entirely, but I'm convinced the reactions are due to whatever exactly Sabo did.

Granted, I guess it's not impossible for Sabo to have done something shocking and get captured after the fact, but I don't think he was. Aside from the meta reasons of it being too repetitive for Oda to do something like that with Sabo, he has 3 other companions with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sengokusgoat View Post
    At the very least, he's one of the leaders. I could be wrong, but I think his position as captain is different from the usual captain rank we've seen within the Marines.

There's no consensus yet
    Akainu knowing nothing of Wano's forces when talking to Kizaru.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information