+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Chapter 948: Introducing Kawamatsu the Kappa

Default Re: Chapter 948: Introducing Kawamatsu the Kappa

I just don't have the time to shit post like i used to. And the same seemingly goes for all other fun people. Everybody is just one post and then i go back to work posting all day everyday. Now if only all AP adults would get unemployed we could really get the ball rolling

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

We also haven't reached the point in the Wano arc when people are complaining about it being too long and every plot development becomes controversial. I'll give it another 6-9 months.

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Shitsunen View Post
    Id say Darth was good for creating about 10 pages of an endless debate in each chapter thread.
    Specifically those that would give the Marines a bad name lol I'm having flashbacks of Darth, AGOG and other members which I can't remember.
    What reason would there be to interfere with a man's departure?
    Monkey D. Dragon

Nintendo ID: 0.o.MUGIWARA.o.0

Quote Originally Posted by Shitsunen View Post
    I’d say Darth was good for creating about 10 pages of an endless debate in each chapter thread.
    I'm just a lurker, but I sincerely miss him. I still don't understand why he was banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    We also haven't reached the point in the Wano arc when people are complaining about it being too long and every plot development becomes controversial. I'll give it another 6-9 months.
    LOL, out of all the reasons mentioned so far these two were the most reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by H.I.M. View Post
    I'm just a lurker, but I sincerely miss him. I still don't understand why he was banned.
    I think it was a bet. He was always putting his account on the line and would create other accounts. Im a lurker usually as well but it was fun to read the threads tbh
    What reason would there be to interfere with a man's departure?
    Monkey D. Dragon

Nintendo ID: 0.o.MUGIWARA.o.0

Quote Originally Posted by krule274 View Post
    Spoiler threads tend to accrue around twenty or twenty five pages, and steam is certainly lost by the time the official thread is up and running. But you're not wrong; I can recall Punk Hazard threads without a break hitting 45 plus pages. There's definitely less membership on the site across the board. I have little insight beyond that, since I don't use any other forums or frequent this place much; I enjoy reading and gaining other insights here just as I have since 2012. That for some, I suppose, may change.
    Nowdays I see the One Piece Reddit and discord servers as viable places to discuss One Piece. I still come here out of nostalgia for VBulletin forum sites, honestly. I'm 30 and have been reading One piece for many years..I'm here for the long haul.

Most here probably don't even recognize me, though. I have never been as active here as I was in my days on Saiyanisland.. jeez, THERE'S a throwback.
    My Discord Roleplay! It takes place in modern-day Japan and features Japanese mythological creatures that players can play as and vampires and werewolves. Yakuza expansion is out too!
    https://discord.gg/sMsVfNX

I just recently started reading the forums here again. I haven't really posted since last year. I too noticed the lack of activity. Normally each Chapter thread would already have 11+ pages by the time I logged in, but as others have pointed out, I was able to realize most discussions happen in the Spoiler thread.

Anyway, I still lurk here often because some of the most engaging debates I've seen were on this site. And yeah, I am still fond of the old school forums format. I've been here since like 2010, but I forgot my original account info.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephi View Post
    Nowdays I see the One Piece Reddit and discord servers as viable places to discuss One Piece. I still come here out of nostalgia for VBulletin forum sites, honestly. I'm 30 and have been reading One piece for many years..I'm here for the long haul.

Most here probably don't even recognize me, though. I have never been as active here as I was in my days on Saiyanisland.. jeez, THERE'S a throwback.
    The One Piece Reddit kinda sucks though. They upvote dumb stuff and downvote every opinion different from the mass (but all Reddit is like that though)

I am far too old to understand what a discord is

I only use discord for games and I'm not even playing anything these days.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    What you witness in the nakama thread weekly.
    Hidden:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post
    Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks. Heroine: Kiku
    Hidden:

Evolved IRC basically

Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    Apart from all that, One Piece simply became less appealing for certain parts of the fanbase.

Those who considered One Piece to be a somewhat progressive Manga were turned off by all the weird stuff Oda pulled since the timeskip, while the faction who loved the typical battle choreographies (Straw Hats vs. enemy crew of the arc) had to get used to fights being off-paneled left and right and the spotlight given to sidecharacters.

I remember the time around the Chapter 755 (Man's World) to be the most severe example of that. It felt like dozens of people got banned, while many older members turned away in disgust and/or boredom.
    What were these people smoking? One Piece's socio-political tone hasn't changed an ounce.

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    What were these people smoking? One Piece's socio-political tone hasn't changed an ounce.
    Well i mean it could as easily be some dudes who grew into a certain political mindset and in turn started reading things into it that fit whatever it is that outrages people these days

Well i mean it could as easily be some dudes who grew into a certain political mindset and in turn started reading things into it that fit whatever it is that outrages people these days
    That sounds like a pretty accurate read. Also a really funny one for various reasons.

Where is the Sunny currently? Still abandoned at the beach?

Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    Apart from all that, One Piece simply became less appealing for certain parts of the fanbase.

Those who considered One Piece to be a somewhat progressive Manga were turned off by all the weird stuff Oda pulled since the timeskip, while the faction who loved the typical battle choreographies (Straw Hats vs. enemy crew of the arc) had to get used to fights being off-paneled left and right and the spotlight given to sidecharacters.

I remember the time around the Chapter 755 (Man's World) to be the most severe example of that. It felt like dozens of people got banned, while many older members turned away in disgust and/or boredom.

While it's fair to say Oda is not especially good at handling his female characters and never has been, the manga's hard anti-imperialist, open-borders political stance and good faith (if flawed) attempts to include queer characters are consistent on both sides of the timeskip. My understanding as that the series' philosophy as a whole falls at least a small way to the left of Japan's dominantly conservative culture. That hasn't changed one bit over the years, even if it comes across as less of a contrast to the dominant narrative from a western perspective. Chapter 755 is my personal least favourite chapter, and I'm sure I'm not alone in that, but it's the same crap we always had from Sanji before the timeskip. I roll my eyes and tolerate it, same as I did with Sanji's Kalifa debacle.

I think any change in readership/user numbers here is mostly the fault of centralised discussion forums like Reddit, with, of course, something to be said for the high barrier of entry set by the series' length.

i'm older than you yet i use it. But a forum is still the best to have a proper discussion

i would add it's nothing more than that good forgotten irc channel but by one new enterprise that can steal your personal datas
    Last edited by Kdom; July 14th, 2019 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NamiRobinFrankyAce View Post
    Where is the Sunny currently? Still abandoned at the beach?
    It's on a hidden sea cave that know by Tama.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    It's on a hidden sea cave that know by Tama.
    Is this true?!

And Franky isn't aware of all the damage the Sunny has taken right? Or at the very least hasn't had a chance to repair it.
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. \_(ツ)_/

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information