+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Magic the Gathering: Arena (or general MTG thread)

Default Re: Magic the Gathering: Arena (or general MTG thread)

Yeah, that wording was a little bit misleading, sry. I didn't switched that much around. I also played alot more games after my post.
    “As I stand out here in the wonders of the unknown at Hadley, I sort of realize there’s a fundamental truth to our nature: Man must explore!” – David Scott, Moon

Fear is weak against mirror and changelling decks. In case sideboard it for extinction event.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

by the way Spoilers for Strixhaven are on, Lorehold is being a good and instersting spin in WR dynamic.

Full set out. I think this is more midrange than the previous sets.
    https://magic.wizards.com/en/article...haven?complete

Made a quick look. Goodbye to Auras and Equipment I think? Unless you have Killian.

Giant jank in Kaldheim wasn't strong enough to go Meta. Blex Spiders won't do it too. I'll craft a deck anyway :P
    “As I stand out here in the wonders of the unknown at Hadley, I sort of realize there’s a fundamental truth to our nature: Man must explore!” – David Scott, Moon

Wow, that bug/feature where you don't see your daily progress in the main menu sucks.

Played some limited. Witherbloom, with it's lifelink, counters and mini tokens just feels like Mono white. And the red-white school (forgot the name) pampers with the graveyard like true Golgari.

Quote Originally Posted by Wintermute View Post
    Wow, that bug/feature where you don't see your daily progress in the main menu sucks.

Played some limited. Witherbloom, with it's lifelink, counters and mini tokens just feels like Mono white. And the red-white school (forgot the name) pampers with the graveyard like true Golgari.
    I would say Witherbloom is more like Selesnya, gain live and create tokens. And Lorehold (WR) was a ball out of the park for the colour combination.

New month and Strixhaven managed something Kaldheim prevented from me. I am able to rank up with my Giant deck now. Granted, I was missing Giants Fire Fury, but all the white decks running Sorceries now and no banishing light really hurts them when my Quakebringer is out and their lifegain is off. Still in Plat 3 though.

I wouldn't mind playing with y'all in MTG Arena! I was able to download my two starter decks into the system, though I need to play it more often to get new cards to build new decks.

If anyone wants to play with me, please private message me or post in here!

New month and Strixhaven managed something Kaldheim prevented from me. I am able to rank up with my Giant deck now. Granted, I was missing Giants Fire Fury, but all the white decks running Sorceries now and no banishing light really hurts them when my Quakebringer is out and their lifegain is off. Still in Plat 3 though.
    Nice progress with your home brew. So far I haven't seen much of Strixhaven on the meta, which proves just how high power Eldraine was.

Looking forward to that rotation. The last rotation was my very first. Was fun adjusting the decks beforehand. It's tougher with Eldraine, I think. Lovestruck Beast, QB, Bonecrusher G and Brazen Borrower slither themselves into nearly every deck. I won't miss them though, I'm eldrained.

The only card I'd really miss would be Stonecoil Serpent. Such a valuable mutate target for my mono green go big deck and basically immune to the two coloured schools.

Strixhaven has some cool card designs, but the Hall Monitor is my favourite. The combination of the art, the name and what that card does is just so perfect. This lizard with a monocle rushes out fast and stops you from doing something. I love it. (Never used him though)

You can see the fruits of WotCs new strategy. More cooperations with famous twitchers or youtubers who can bring their audience into the game.

Aside from that, I bought the Phyrexian Preators, because they are cool. So the current Historic Event is the best opportunity to try out Elesh Norn.

Sad thing is, Mono white livegain minions is often strong enough to beat the opponent before she can enter the field. But when she does, it's glorious!

Mirror Mirror definitely took away my fear from historic. Defeated an Ulamog deck with my Arcades attacking wall deck (Okay the match was already over when he arrived). Maybe I'll craft it after the event, it's fun and fairly cheap.

Soo, I got some Wildcards from finally opening my Strixhaven packs. Crafted some Historic jank. Namely Arcades and a Phyrexian deck with Elesh Norn and the Obliterator. I don't win that much but I don't care.

I was also able to reach Mythic for the first time the last two months. The gold I got went straight into the Forgotten Realms Quick Drafts. And that's it. 1/3s, 2/3s. For the life of me, I don't understand that set. The total opposite of Zendikar Limited.

Did the free Amonkhet draft today and went 6/3... F*** you DnD

Also, Historic Brawl delayed -.-

I'm waiting for Jumpstart Modern Horizons to build a historic Goblins. Munitions Expert is donna deal lots of damage.

New set looks absolutely gorgeous. Except for the red cards. Those always fall behind in looks.

Crafted a Gruul werwolves deck and I'm ranking with it right now. It's pretty good, but the new sets and cards people try out are crazy strong sometimes. I expect the meta to be in flux for quite some time now, especially when the next set is already on the horizon.

So, no complains whatsoever about the art in Crimson Vow. My Gruul Werewolf Deck still ranks. I called it Soggy Doggies though, after putting some Negates in it to counter the mirror with Wrenn and Chariot.

I'm pondering right now what new deck to craft, Azorius Spirits or Rakdos Vampires. The new duel lands are a Must too and will eat my Rares -_-

And I can't stop listening to RemyMTGs song parodies. They are just perfect.
    Spoiler:

And I can't stop listening to RemyMTGs song parodies. They are just perfect.
    Spoiler:
    Great taste, Remy is fantastic.

I just bested a Kraken, Lier Toxrill reanimator deck with a BW Party Dungeon jank in the play queue. That'll teach them.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information