+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Chapter 937: Gyukimaru on Bandit's Bridge

Default Re: Chapter 937: Gyukimaru on Bandit's Bridge

Quote Originally Posted by K. Kira XXIII View Post
    Shitty translations aside:

Mango talking about switching personalities and now we know that Im rules the world government and using the Ope Ope, Mango could have switched places and rule the world.

Also, the secret being revealed means that the Empty throne is a lie (world shaking event).

Before the Im reveal, I thought it could be the final Ancient Weapon ( I always assumed Uranus to be a flying creature). But, with Im it was clearly directed at him.

Now, if Im is a space dragon, it explains where the Celestial Dragons names comes from. Their suits. And maybe a bit far fetched, but even the dragon experiments done in Punk Hazard. Kaido. Even Ryuma, could have slayed one making the government afraid of Wano in the first place. Take this last paragraph as speculation, rolling with the idea.
    Oh wow. Yeah this actually makes so much sense in that regard. Especially with your theory that Doffy would have transplanted personalities between himself and Im. (Is this a hint that Im is actually really weak, physical and haki wise?)

However this raises the question why Doflamingo wasn't Scorched earth eliminated. I mean, someone in the WG infrastructure(or hired assasins) should have been able to kill Doflamingo in all this years. Especially considering how much he apparently knows.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    Nope, the ope ope no mi would help him get his hands on the treasure, but it was not said it has something to do with fruits beyond that.

Doflamingo was in the war when ace died, so if it got reborn nearby, that is likely how he got it. Maybe dofla expected that ace would die so he had some fruits(normal ones) with him.
    Yeah I agree. Especially when we consider that Doffy knew Ceaser, who knew how to harness the power of a DF into a new fruit.
    HOW COME LUFFY NEVER KILLS AN ENEMY?
    ODA:ITS BECAUSE IN THAT ERA EVERYONE USES THEIR LIVES TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS. FOR AN ENEMY WHEN THEIR DREAM HAS BEEN SHATTERED,IT IS AS PAINFUL AS DEATH,I BELIEVE FOR A PIRATE NOT TO KILL AN ENEMY , IT'S GIVING THEM A SECOND CHANCE TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS.

They tried. But failed and it got to the point where if they kept at it he would just disclose the secret. We were even shown that Magellan was protecting Mango after Dressrosa because they would send assassins after him.

So before he was defeated by Luffy. The government chose to make him a warlord and give him Celestial Dragon's benefits.
    Hidden:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post
    Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks. Heroine: Kiku
    Hidden:

Quote Originally Posted by otakufan View Post

Now that we have a rough idea of when Ryuuma died, I have to wonder whether the old "Monsters" short is no longer canon (if it ever was). The chapter seems to imply that Ryuma killed the dragon in Wano's capital, while in "Monsters" it seemed he was elsewhere in the world (even if it was centuries ago, I have a hard time seeing the thoroughly feudal-Japan inspired Wano having come from the "Wild West" type region that appeared in "Monsters"). Not necessarily against Ryuuma's history being revised, since ultimately we know little about him, but I rather liked "Monsters" being a kind of tie-in story.
    Maybe those events took place in another island or Wano/country of the gold didn't have the closed borders policy at the time.
    I doubt "Monsters" is that much of a canon material, at most it gives some insight on on Ryuuma. Also that dragon could be just a random dragon, unlike the one described in the legend . Even PunkHazard had 2 dragons, and even current Wano have 'many'.

Maybe Ryuuma defeated the original user of Kaido's fruit or Orochi's. I'd like for it to be an actual dragon though.

Gyukimaru is a rather curious mix of honorable (in the "how dare you besmirch the honor of my people" sense) and pragmatic opportunist ("why WOULDN'T I stab you in the back?")... Don't know where Oda plans to go with the character - presumably his weapons will end up in the hands of the Kozuki rebels, but whether Gyukimaru himself goes along with them as well is hard to say...
    His "we are in a middle of duel" was also funny. He is so focused on the fight even the girls and Kamizou were a non factor to him. I guess unless they directly make a move on him he wouldn't even look at them.

In your opinion, was the original ryuma better than him at TB ? I think that should be the case.Have read the short manga btw, and i honestly cant judge based on that.Its obvious that he did slay the dragon easily, in that manga.Now that the mountain bandit giant (forget his name) mentioned ryuma also confront and defeat pirates and even, nobels, on his own implies he was once a truly magnificent man.

Im feels like good material for final Dragon fight.

Gyukimaru for sure is the 3rd samurai kinemon is looking for. And he is important oN the battlefield because with the 99 weapons he can always supply his mates oN the battlefield with weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by kevo_koma View Post
    Oh wow. Yeah this actually makes so much sense in that regard. Especially with your theory that Doffy would have transplanted personalities between himself and Im. (Is this a hint that Im is actually really weak, physical and haki wise?)

However this raises the question why Doflamingo wasn't Scorched earth eliminated. I mean, someone in the WG infrastructure(or hired assasins) should have been able to kill Doflamingo in all this years. Especially considering how much he apparently knows.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Yeah I agree. Especially when we consider that Doffy knew Ceaser, who knew how to harness the power of a DF into a new fruit.
    I very much doubt this "Im" character is weak at all. If it is the case he/she is immortal and has been around since the Void century, it'd mean he was the mastermind behind what happened then and as such must be pretty damned powerful.

I guess it makes sense now that a poneglyph was embedded in the golden bell. Maybe the golden bell was from Wano? Was Shandora/Jaya part of Wano in the past? Or did the kozouki clan travel the world and "wrote/created" the poneglyph in different locations?

Shusui and Yoru are the only black blades we know. So it must be pretty hard to create a black blade. Considering only the Sword God and the Worlds strongest Swordsman were able to do it. I dont see Zoro upgrading his other two swords to kokutou in Wano. If he does, i would question why Shanks, Rayleigh, Vista, Edward etc did not have kokutou

Im not sure why oda wants luffy to actively train CoA but its ok. I thought it will just get stronger while fighting. He can upgrade his devilfruit powers...there is SOOOO FREAKING MUCH HE CAN DO NOW, but Oda wants a better CoA. Of course, that can also result in a new G4 Form

Stronger CoA raises all status in all forms including base Luffy. He lost to 1 hit from Kaido, whether the CoA difference was that huge or there is 'something' about that club or simply the shear physical power difference is that huge. Regardless a stronger CoA will help minimize the damage even if by a little bit.

He mentioned Rayleigh deflected the attack without having physical contact. If he becomes able to replicate that, then rather than minimize the damage he should be able to nullify it completely.

He started the arc being OHKO by Kaido, so even if he gets considerably stronger he shouldn't be able to take more than 3 or 4 hits by the end of the arc. This means the most vital part of the fight will probably be able to reliably avoid Kaido hits and take as few as possible (unlike the fight against Katakuri, when he could afford taking hits for hours), so this CoA "barrier" and CoO "future vision" should both be key factors in the fight.

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    He mentioned Rayleigh deflected the attack without having physical contact. If he becomes able to replicate that, then rather than minimize the damage he should be able to nullify it completely.

He started the arc being OHKO by Kaido, so even if he gets considerably stronger he shouldn't be able to take more than 3 or 4 hits by the end of the arc. This means the most vital part of the fight will probably be able to reliably avoid Kaido hits and take as few as possible (unlike the fight against Katakuri, when he could afford taking hits for hours), so this CoA "barrier" and CoO "future vision" should both be key factors in the fight.
    Haki projection, almost like limited telekinesis. That'll be awesome to behold. But a strong enough armament hardening on your skin should also be able to nullify damage so projecting it out wouldn't necessarily be the only way to do it (besides, if you're that much of a master to project a barrier outward, you'd assume it would be strong enough in both cases anyway). Although that does make me wonder about the strength of Bartolomeo's barriers and if he ever needs to Haki fortify them since they can mimic that type of protective Haki projection.

Even though Big Mom showed up and is now probably the most likely thing that will contribute to Kaido's defeat, I'm still holding out hope that Luffy will be able to become shadow empowered by Moria and become Uber Nightmare Luffy.

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

Quote Originally Posted by kirei_lanford View Post
    In your opinion, was the original ryuma better than him at TB ? I think that should be the case.Have read the short manga btw, and i honestly cant judge based on that.Its obvious that he did slay the dragon easily, in that manga.Now that the mountain bandit giant (forget his name) mentioned ryuma also confront and defeat pirates and even, nobels, on his own implies he was once a truly magnificent man.
    Yes, he should be better than the zombie. The zombie just used Brook's techniques with increased physical power.

Spoiler:

Discovered Stowaway

How deteriorated was Ryuuma? I couldn't tell if he was a preserved corpse or just a skeleton with barely any skin left on him. If he didn't have his muscles left then he probably wasn't as strong as he was in life even if his bones were very powerful.

Also, is the reason Gyukimaru being a dick and not fighting with honor or integrity because he thinks Zoro is a thief and doesn't deserve a fair fight or what?

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky69 View Post
    How deteriorated was Ryuuma? I couldn't tell if he was a preserved corpse or just a skeleton with barely any skin left on him. If he didn't have his muscles left then he probably wasn't as strong as he was in life even if his bones were very powerful.

Also, is the reason Gyukimaru being a dick and not fighting with honor or integrity because he thinks Zoro is a thief and doesn't deserve a fair fight or what?
    Well, he's at least been dead for 100 years. And he had no eyes and lips, but still some hair.

And as for Gyukimaru….probably, but it is kind of refreshing to have a realist fighter.

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by S.C. Amigo View Post
    Well, he's at least been dead for 100 years. And he had no eyes and lips, but still some hair.

And as for Gyukimaru….probably, but it is kind of refreshing to have a realist fighter.
    Eh, I can't respect a fighter like that. I'm willing to let it slide when someone like Franky pulls a 'Hey, who's that standin' behind ya, bro?' on an opponent like he did with Nero but this is beyond the pale, even for someone who allegedly has no honor. Don't sink to their level and lose one's own honor, and all that.

He has been taking the fight seriously, it's Zoro's fault for getting distracted. I'm not saying Zoro's reasons aren't good enough or that he shouldn't. For all we know this is a fight to the death and protection of the national treasure for Gyukimaru. One moment of distraction could mean death. At least he shouts whenever he strikes.
    Last edited by Kaizoku_Ou; March 27th, 2019 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky69 View Post
    Eh, I can't respect a fighter like that. I'm willing to let it slide when someone like Franky pulls a 'Hey, who's that standin' behind ya, bro?' on an opponent like he did with Nero but this is beyond the pale, even for someone who allegedly has no honor. Don't sink to their level and lose one's own honor, and all that.
    Well he's a highway robber so you're doing it right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information