+ Reply to Thread
Page 86 of 93 FirstFirst ... 36 76 84 85 86 87 88 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,720 of 1844

Thread: Pokemon Sword and Shield - Galexit Edition

Default Re: Pokemon Sword and Shield - Galexit Edition

Well that's the base rate right? It's multiplied at least by 3 if you use a Repeat Ball etc, and in situational cases it can be higher I think? Like if you meet the conditions of a Love Ball it should be over 10%.

In fairness now one of the other guys has actually succeeded in catching the Ultimate Trash...

But for the record I've been using Dusk Balls. Which is the most effective thing I have that isn't a Master Ball.

EDIT: The repeated attempts ultimately culminated in said other guy Gigantamaxing the Garbodor on his own file to get the dex data and then trading it to me for a Giga Centiskorch which he didn't have. So though I never managed to catch it, I did still obtain it eventually.
    Last edited by Lord Starfish; December 13th, 2019 at 05:42 PM.

Me: Man. I'm really ahead of the level curve. Kinda ruining the end of the sto-

Leon: I'm going to ruin your entire career.

Cause like damn.

Short question:
    If we have two games and only one switch, is it somehow possible to trade between those two games, with any of the different online trade functions?
    3DS FC: 2707-2567-8190

Quote Originally Posted by KrogGar View Post
    Short question:
    If we have two games and only one switch, is it somehow possible to trade between those two games, with any of the different online trade functions?
    Right now the only option you have is to trade with someone else in between. Our only hope for easy trading in the future is Pokemon Home (so have fun paying extra for that).
    Currently playing Pokémon Shield&Sword, Switch Friend Code: SW-6524-3266-0517

They put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KzTxL7 View Post
    Me: Man. I'm really ahead of the level curve. Kinda ruining the end of the sto-

Leon: I'm going to ruin your entire career.

Cause like damn.
    Good to know. I found myself massively over leveled against Melonie (also: she has like...no presence in the game.) I ended stomping her entire team effortlessly. Was starting to wonder if I had somehow overlevelled.
    [
    Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

I was like, 4-6 levels below Leon's team. There's a very Cynthia-esque level jump between him and the prior boss.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Falinks is already a meme as well.

If it hasn't already come up, there's an entire Twitter of these:

https://twitter.com/falinksmarching

Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

Off-topic talk, but if the name didn't give it away the new anime kid Gou is really a Pokemon Go promotion, the kid just captures one Pokemon of each (like Caterpie, Metapod and Butterfree for example), this week he caught all the Kanto bugs in one episode and we get a "Great", "Perfect", "Excellent" comment from the Dex when he captures the Pokemon.

I guess if this keeps going in 10 episodes he will have more Pokemon than Satoshi, at least they can hopefully make this more interesting for Satoshi since the kid is now a champion, have him take part in battles against Elite Four/Re-challenge old leagues or whatever using his old Pokemon, I'm kind of interested in the anime this time around. Also most Pokemon he didn't even battle, only Scyther and Venonat gave him some trouble, Satoshi told him to battle them apparently, but the kid just spammed Pokeballs most of the time.

Spoiler:
    Last edited by GetsugaZoro; December 22nd, 2019 at 02:58 PM.

Pokemon X/Y ingame name: Pedro
    3DS FC : 1547 5213 7769 - NNID : SunGodKizaru Switch: SW-7487-5553-2501

Even tho I did enjoy Sword, I have to admit the game left me hungry for more, so I went back and purchased Ultra Sun.

The thing with gen 7 is that it had so many sub features, and they had their forced tutorials in the game, most of them in the first island that, well, without like 4 photo mode tutorials, the pokeride, and battle royale, and horde mode, and z move, and Lily, Hau and Kukui being optional talks most of the time, it would have flown much better. I don't believe that we had a forced contest/raid in other games, did we?

I think that the ultra recon squad should have been dumb tourist bumbling around with their square alolan salute and weird customs and Poipole, and briging the surprise Aliens! revelation later down the game.

I'm bracing for Lusamine's arc destruction tho, I dunno the details but we'll see.

And today I made an awesome discovery. Even if the 3DS is region locked, the bank is not, I managed to connect a gen7 game from europe into my american ds/pokebank account, and probably the other way around as well. That means that I currently have in my posession, separated into my ds/bank all mons (except Blascephalon, but getting there), in go meltan (missing melmetal, relevant shiny lugia and ho-oh, that if they get their HAs when transfered, they WILL be sent home), and in sword everything missing a permanent Zamazenta, and a bunch of Gigantamax mons that I will get later.

Going back to BP for tutor moves, having to do sos battles for HAs, and no practical box access anywhere is rough.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Might limit how many Pokemon I use otherwise this game will be a cakewalk.

Finished Ultra Sun and the fanservice chapter.

OG Lusamine was better, the crazy collector bedroom didn't fit this persona of her, but this insane "I'll be the hero, I know better because I AM THE Adult" complex of her would have worked. Liked the more personal stakes of the last one, with the UBs being a danger but not world ending calamities.

I have that pokedex down to ~50 for completion, reminding me how much I hate searching for king's rocks or even with 2 ds at hand trade evolutions.

Of all QoL improvements of Swish, I am missing exp candies the most, fucking experience drought, even with the multiplier of the rotom dex just going round the poni wilds should be enough to get a mon to ~50 in less than 20 minutes, but once it gets to the lvl30s it crawls to an stop. Going for the league for the things that evolve around 50 (5 geners should have their level requirements normalized) makes sense, but having to carry a seaking just leeching experience is suboptimal, and SOS battles just make me angry.

I was kinda wanting to make a living dex with hidden abilities of at least one member of the lines, but even removing the galar dex, and whatever I have mostly done, it won't be that easy.

Also, first time I've been sweeped by the IA ever, Ultra Necrozma boss battle at level is just 6 turns 6 deaths. Had to raise a Beldum until that level range, and then as it was faster, heal it to full with items until the PP of dragon pulse ran out and power gem and photon whatever didn't just end me, not my produest moment, but as I said, ultra sun is stingy with proper experience.

I did like the number of side quest that the game had, the ditto invasion on Olivia's town, I remember the old woman being carried by a Machamp in the cementery talking about her dead husband from Sun, but I liked it again, how anything around the abandoned super market has something lurking in the background, second versions are more polished and I liked these examples, Swish had very little of those kind of quest in comparation, the applin kidnaper and the detective case are the ones that I remember right now.

I dunno if it's about him getting a true arc in USUM, or getting more acepting with the years, but I found Hau's arc better now, and was more distracted with Lilly's "I get lost in every town/I wana be you" deal, enjoyed it way less.

Guzma is still great.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

The Ultra Necrozma fight was just blatant Nintendo Hard. A complete scam.

It was them attempting to do a challenge but not thinking just how absurd it's natural stats with +1 boosted all across the board with it's moveset. Combined with it's level. If a player was playing the game "proper" (non-cheese stats and not overleveling) then there was no way to beat it without being absurdly lucky.

The first form of Eternatus is what the Ultra Necrozma fight should've been more like or would've fit better with SS's raid style.

Got a Switch for Christmas. In addition to a bunch of Amazon gift cards and nintendo E shop gift cards.

Gonna buy the physical version of Sword or Shield on Amazon today, but in the meantime I downloaded Lets Go Pikachu to tide me over. I'm really loving the Pokemon animations in this, just such a shame that the capture mechanic excludes battling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

Quote Originally Posted by Md-Martin View Post
    Got a Switch for Christmas. In addition to a bunch of Amazon gift cards and nintendo E shop gift cards.

Gonna buy the physical version of Sword or Shield on Amazon today, but in the meantime I downloaded Lets Go Pikachu to tide me over. I'm really loving the Pokemon animations in this, just such a shame that the capture mechanic excludes battling.
    LGPE is very charming and if you have any fondness for gen 1 you'll like it.
    It's too easy though.

How overleveled am I for the 7th Gym and beyond? My highest Pokemon lv.67 and lowest is 62.
    Last edited by Lord of Chaos; December 31st, 2019 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Chaos View Post
    How overleveled am for the 7th Gym and beyond? My highest Pokemon lv.67 and lowest is 62.
    Did you abused the candies usage. You're way too overleveled man, lol. But still, it's better that way. I'm not there yet, but from what I heard, many players were caught offguard towards the end, for some reason.
    3DS FC: 0087 - 2971 - 9910

Quote Originally Posted by Nekketsu View Post
    Did you abused the candies usage. You're way too overleveled man, lol. But still, it's better that way. I'm not there yet, but from what I heard, many players were caught offguard towards the end, for some reason.
    Haven't touched them yet just been catching, fighting and evolving every Pokemon I've come across. Got about 50 rare candies and tons of exp shit be using them post game.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekketsu View Post
    Peranent exp share means if you do any side stuff and catching at all. without constantly changing your whole team, they over-level in a hurry.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Peranent exp share means if you do any side stuff and catching at all. without constantly changing your whole team, they over-level in a hurry.
    I'm headed for the final destination, my team is around lv. 51-53. I did stuff in the wild area, but I'm not a grinder nor a speedruner, so I think my team is pretty balanced. Though I wonder if that will be enough to face off with the champion.
    3DS FC: 0087 - 2971 - 9910

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information