+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 85 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 1694

Thread: Pokemon Sword and Shield - Galexit Edition

They put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar

Default Re: Pokemon Sword and Shield - Galexit Edition

Theres also far fewer officially revealed pokemon so there was less for people to talk about.
    [
    Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

I was about to edit that into my post but you beat me to it. They didn't even reveal starter evolutions.

Quote Originally Posted by Conekiller View Post
    Theres also far fewer officially revealed pokemon so there was less for people to talk about.
    Yep. This is to be expected purely based on how Game Freak has handled the release this time around. We've only had a fraction of the reveals of Sun and Moon, plus the controversy has not been favorable to the same type of conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    There is still massive hype, it just doesn't seem to have a place on AP where a handful of people have made it their mission to drown out any possible excitement in this thread. So there's no point in posting anymore.
    Not really, I see this everywhere I go not just here, it isn't an AP thing.

Also like others said they didn't reveal much this time, last time it was like something every two weeks so we were constantly discussing things.

Pokemon X/Y ingame name: Pedro
    3DS FC : 1547 5213 7769 - NNID : SunGodKizaru Switch: SW-7487-5553-2501

I can at least say for certain it's an AP thing that I and a few others haven't said much, if anything, lately here. I think just about every new mon that has leaked looks amazing and I can't wait to play it. I could do 10 playthroughs back to back with stuff that looks cool or that I've never run in the past, without repeating a single member of my team.

Same Foolio, I absolutely love this gen, and Ive been crazy hyped for this game the last 1-2 weeks.
    I dont care much about the cuts since I will most like only use this gens and gen 7s pokemon, the only one im missing is Lycanroc, would like to try it.

Quote Originally Posted by The D. View Post
    I didn't mean to shit on anyone who likes sobble's evolutions, they're just seriously not for me. But I've never been a fan of the more humanoid pokemon going all the way back to gen1. I'm actually really hopeful for the story in swsh, since the pokemon league seems to be more..."involved" than ever before. And by that I mean it doesn't just seem like an eight dungeon gauntlet anymore, if the leaks are correct it seems like there's more of a process to it.
    I've come to warm on Scorbunny's evo and already like Grookey's, but Sobble's just isn't doing it for me. I don't think it's terribly designed, I'm just not in favor of its design philosophy. If it was a mythical unique creature, it'd make more sense to me, but I just have a hard time imagining it not being an individual, as opposed to a member of a species. Scorbunny's looked better with a clear picture, and Grookey3 is just a badass.

I don't want to see more leaks (the bug types have me pleased), and armchair game development is not fun when it's full of resentment, or doesn't consider the actual workload of features.

I'm playing it on release date tho.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

There's a new Pokemon version coming out and it looks better then the previous gen.
    If you ain't hype you ain't a pokefan.

Quote Originally Posted by allbluebro View Post
    There's a new Pokemon version coming out and it looks better then the previous gen.
    Gatekeeping: The comment.

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    Gatekeeping: The comment.
    Honestly, is it the Pokemon game we've all been waiting for? Absolutely not.

Is it a brand new adventure with new Pokemon and a less "wonky" take on an old proven formula in comparison to last gen? YES

Hyped: YES I'm an optimist

Do I like when others complain about stuff : YES i'm a realist

Because hopefully some of it reaches the right ears, and they should cater to the fans it's a game and a franchise that wouldn't exist without it's fan base.
    Is it difficult to cater to millions of individuals' tastes ACROSS THE GLOBE without leaving some feeling unsatisfied : I can only imagine.

Do I think gamer's are spoiled and whiny as hell these days and have no one to blame but themselves for not keeping standards higher across the board by doing things like buying every single call of duty and season pass every year and eating shit while grinning..... OoooooH YEAH

Gameplay > looks.

Cutting half the monsters, removing tons of features, raising the price point 50%, not innovating to take actual advantage of the stronger system ala Breath of the Wild?

There's plenty of reasons to not be hyped about this particular release. Them turning into giant balloon versions isn't exactly thrilling.

You don't have to accept literally anything thrown your way and say its the best thing ever just because your like the franchise historically.
    Last edited by Robby; November 6th, 2019 at 09:45 PM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    I've come to warm on Scorbunny's evo and already like Grookey's, but Sobble's just isn't doing it for me. I don't think it's terribly designed, I'm just not in favor of its design philosophy. If it was a mythical unique creature, it'd make more sense to me, but I just have a hard time imagining it not being an individual, as opposed to a member of a species. Scorbunny's looked better with a clear picture, and Grookey3 is just a badass.
    Yeah, scorbunny and grookey's evolutions are...better. I'm still not a huge fan of any of them because they look too humanoid, but that's just a personal hang up. But looking at what happened to sobble I can only mourn how they massacred my precious nervous boy :(
    Gonna give ya the D.!

Spoiler:
    I'm probably not going to use it, at least for my main team, but I'm getting a good laugh at Barraskewda - high Attack, Speed, Close Combat, Swift Swim, likely access to Rain Dance? That thing's going to pack a wallop. Frosmoth looks cool too, even if it does double and triple down on being a glass cannon, and thankfully it gets Quiver Dance and a balanced-looking moveset. I hate moths IRL though, so if I saw one in my house I'd break out the flamethrower.

At this point I'm thinking of going with Cinderace, Corviknight, Gyarados, Toxtricity, Copperajah, and then maybe a designated Special Attacker like Gengar or Gardevoir or something.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Spoiler:
    Oh geez these fossil Pokemon are hysterical, especially with their dex entries reading like the scientists are desperately trying to save face, "But this thing can't even breathe!"/"Exactly, that's why it went extinct!"

When the guy going John Hammond out of the back of his RV in Alola is a better paleontologist than the Galarian scientists...
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Man. I must not be a Pokefan after these ~20 years because I'm not hyped that after I complete the main game I won't be able to have nearly the same amount of options in teambuilding as I did in previous games?

Never again will we have a world champion Pachirisu. An event that was huge because someone took a "useless" overlooked never used mon and made it work for them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOx_Qdc6bqw

(Granted that was more about Pachirisu having volt absorb and a unique niche in doubles rather than singles but hey.)
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Pachisiu was legal on that tournament because it was in its regional dex of x/y. The world tournament is always on the regional dex, if it is on the 1.0 version of the gen, and for most version 2.0 with the whole thing.

Even if they had developed the whole dex, pachirisu wouldn’t been tournament legal in this case.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

The lower power meta game was what allowed the ice combo of alolan ninetales and sandslash to exist before ultra sun/moon, and these kind of rotations are the standard of not only pokemon, but also card games, in the competitive side, at least until the third game, it is business as usual.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

I’m actually hyped to know what types of abilities and stat distributions we’ll see with new mons, not to mention all the things that open up now that certain overused Pokémon cannot be on every team due to being cut.

It’ll be interesting to see what previously underutilized combo becomes the norm for the new meta.

Even more exciting seeing how many in-game improvements simplify the prospect of making a competitive team.

A ton of things that had to be breed for have been relaxed. Only remaining barrier seems to be the hidden ability
    SW-4128-8032-0729

A held item that
    Spoiler:
    bypasses entry hazards! Those boots are going on everything I love and survived the cut... damn, Volcarona, why???!

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    Pachisiu was legal on that tournament because it was in its regional dex of x/y. The world tournament is always on the regional dex, if it is on the 1.0 version of the gen, and for most version 2.0 with the whole thing.

Even if they had developed the whole dex, pachirisu wouldn’t been tournament legal in this case.
    This. You are just overblowing things now, Robby. The dexit has no effect on something like that, and if anything those games seem to make the likelihood of shitmon pulling a "Pachirisu" much bigger since they seem to be putting extra effort on balancing the competitive scene.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information