+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 925: The Blank

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

Default Re: Chapter 925: The Blank

Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    He did it in Dressrosa. Even in zou dogstorm without sulong fought jack on par, if you completely ignore the shuten maru vs jack and Inu fights.
    They were hardly fights, especially Inu vs. Shutenmaru. If you want to speculate based on an actual fight, Jack fighting Inu and Neko for five days straight would be more appropriate.
    Last edited by Kaido King of the Beasts; November 24th, 2018 at 02:41 PM.

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by MrPecans View Post
    Yeah, I walked right into that. I guess I should just fess up that in my own head canon there is only one major ally - Law. Everyone else - the samurai, the minks, the Fleet - feel like lesser allies. I'm only basing that on the fact that Law has gotten into more significant on-screen fights than the rest of them. I understand that Inu and Neko are very strong allies, I just feel that narratively the only ally that carries equal wait is Jinbe - and that's only if you're one of those hold-out types. Carrot, Kine'mon, Bart, and Cavendish would be next in line, to me, just due to their long stints of traveling with the SHs for the first two and for their strong screen presence and battle scenes for the latter two.

That said, I repeat: viewing Inu and Neko as major allies is a very valid way to look at it, and may even be objectively correct.
    They had equal standing with Luffy, Law, and Kinemon/Momo as they formed an alliance, lead their own respective groups, and have the same ties to Oden as Kin'emon, so yea, it's as close as it can be to being objectively correct

Also as far as the narrative goes, they have more of a reason to be here than Law tbh.

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theackwardstation View Post
    Now that's damn impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Saturday View Post
    The outside world is BREAKING into the narrative. This is what happened in the Reverie Arc, which was unexpected and new in how short yet choked with big important events it was. And then this chapter, which we can expect more of down the line. Very creative of him to use these kabuki-style "breaks" to filter in that outside world.
    I simply assumed Oda has to barf the big reveals allover the floor now, with so little time and so many stories left to tell. But I like your take. It's too awfully convenient for my taste to praise it, but it seems likely that this was his idea.

Queen's got the Funk Roronoa Zacho's Avatar

Can you imagine the Gorousei/Cpt. Brandnew arguing about BB's bounty?
    Brandnew:"Let's just make it 2.25billion!"
    Gorousei:"No, no, no, no, we want the precise number of 2billion, 247million and 600thousand Berry!"

Cool chapter! I'm glad I didn't spoil this week although there was a break. I'm trying to keep it that way for the next acts of Wano.
    Moria isn't slim :( and King's design seems "recycled" to me.
    Everything else seems fine to me. Shiryu with Absa's df doesn't really give him an advantage against Zoro,
    but maybe he can "put out" his aura, so he is really invisible to Zoro.
    actual sized Queen-GIF (alternative colours): https://media.giphy.com/media/SUEiLt...hgCz/giphy.gif
    My imagination of Moria's ol' crew: https://ibb.co/hEDSv8

Quote Originally Posted by Kaworu View Post
    A minor random thing, but I wonder if Oda did the extremely specific bounty with Blackbeard (2,247,600,000) so that not a single person on the planet could predict it beforehand lol.
    Straight from the One Piece Wiki:
    - Teach's namesake, Edward Teach, had a bounty of £100 in 1716. This roughly equals 2,247,600 yen in the present day, meaning Blackbeard's bounty matches up with his namesake's.

A pretty cool minor detail

Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    They had equal standing with Luffy, Law, and Kinemon/Momo as they formed an alliance, lead their own respective groups, and have the same ties to Oden as Kin'emon, so yea, it's as close as it can be to being objectively correct

Also as far as the narrative goes, they have more of a reason to be here than Law tbh.
    Sure they are/do. I guess I just mean, in the story overall that Law seems to be the more important character. I totally don't want to argue though. You're plenty right.
    My favorite films of all time - One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest; The Apartment; The Shining; Rear Window; Casablanca; All About Eve; Amadeus; Stalag 17; The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence; Key Largo; Ball of Fire; Alien; Dr. Strangelove; The Good, The Bad and The Ugly; Vertigo; Jaws; Punch-Drunk Love

Queen's got the Funk Roronoa Zacho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChoCho View Post
    - Teach's namesake, Edward Teach, had a bounty of £100 in 1716. This roughly equals 2,247,600 yen in the present day, meaning Blackbeard's bounty matches up with his namesake's.

That's a cool fact though and a nice nod to the real blackbeard.
    actual sized Queen-GIF (alternative colours): https://media.giphy.com/media/SUEiLt...hgCz/giphy.gif
    My imagination of Moria's ol' crew: https://ibb.co/hEDSv8

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

Quote Originally Posted by ChoCho View Post

Credit to this post for making us aware of it!

Spoiler:

I was wrong, looks like Big Mom is going to show up!!! this is awesome

Member of Beelzebub is Freakin' Awesome Group
    what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    I'm not sold on queen vs sanji and king vs zoro because they seem rivals, kid and apoo could be instead since they have same thing, ot other supernovas, catviper and dogstorm have same thing. And after post ts sanji so far, I will trust oda giving him calamity when I will see it.

Anyway, dogstorm vs shuten maru proofs that dogstorm can just solo jack in sulong mode, both catviper and dogstorm would be wway too much.
    I donít like the idea of Queen vs Sanji and King vs Zoro either.

Luffyís Alliance potentially already have 8 people in the ~500mil bounty range in terms of firepower, more if we included all potential supernovas becoming allies, and every single one of them in theory should be able to at least stall a Calamity. Beasts Pirate commanders are currently outgunned three-to-one, they couldnít afford to lose in 1v1 matches.

I think I have an idea as to why Queen is "The Plague." He seems to be in charge of the weapon factories that are poisoning the people of Wano, thus making him like a plague. It also thematically works as another reason for Sanji (chef that's all about feeding people) to be the one to bring him down.

Discovered Stowaway DarkHamster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fakescorpion View Post
    I don’t like the idea of Queen vs Sanji and King vs Zoro either.

Luffy’s Alliance potentially already have 8 people in the ~500mil bounty range in terms of firepower, more if we included all potential supernovas becoming allies, and every single one of them in theory should be able to at least stall a Calamity. Beasts Pirate commanders are currently outgunned three-to-one, they couldn’t afford to lose in 1v1 matches.
    Personally I would prefer that. Oda says bounties ≠ powerlevels, which I agree with, but it does give us a clue of where Luffy should be at; I think saying he's 3/4th the way to a yonkou status isn't too absurd. So the rest of the crew should be there in terms of comparable yonkou crew mates. To that end Sanji + Zoro needs to be at the level of Queen/King soon (or now if Oda plans on Luffy beating Kaido)

If Oda sticks w/ the schedule they have 2 weeks to level up.

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

I think that Jinbei, Sanji and Zoro will face off against Jack, Queen and King, respectively, but as the leader of a mini-squad. Like, maybe Shishillian with Jinbei, Wanda with Sanji and Kin'emon with Zoro, for example.

I wonder if they'll want to steal Gecko Moria's fruit

Member of Beelzebub is Freakin' Awesome Group
    what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by S.C. Amigo View Post
    I think that Jinbei, Sanji and Zoro will face off against Jack, Queen and King, respectively, but as the leader of a mini-squad. Like, maybe Shishillian with Jinbei, Wanda with Sanji and Kin'emon with Zoro, for example.
    it would require Jinbe to be present.
    but yeah, while I do totally see Sanji/Queen, Zoro/King, I can also see them getting a bit of help, specially now that they dont seem as menacing as I pictured on my mind, tbh Jack would make me lose my shit with his looks while the other two would make me laugh at best.

Empress of Diabetes Miss Saturday's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    I simply assumed Oda has to barf the big reveals allover the floor now, with so little time and so many stories left to tell. But I like your take. It's too awfully convenient for my taste to praise it, but it seems likely that this was his idea.
    Oh he most certainly HAS to barf out these big plot reveals and advancements now. That's what I'm saying, he can no longer have little self-contained arcs like Alabasta or Thriller Bark anymore; he has no choice. He's just gonna have to be creative and think on his feet, like these 4th wall breaking "breaks."

Quote Originally Posted by choperman View Post
    I was wrong, looks like Big Mom is going to show up!!! this is awesome
    Party don't start till Mama get here.
    Hopefully she'll show up before the arc ends and will interact with Kaido. I think they will.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHamster View Post
    Personally I would prefer that. Oda says bounties ≠ powerlevels, which I agree with, but it does give us a clue of where Luffy should be at; I think saying he's 3/4th the way to a yonkou status isn't too absurd. So the rest of the crew should be there in terms of comparable yonkou crew mates. To that end Sanji + Zoro needs to be at the level of Queen/King soon (or now if Oda plans on Luffy beating Kaido)
    The problem with that happening in the current arc, is that there are too many heavy hitters in Luffy’s Alliance and potential allies. Luffy, Zoro, Sanji, Law, Shutenmaru, Kiku, Inuarashi, and Nekomamushi. (for the future we could also add in Kid, Hawkins, and Drake.)

This is not like WCI where Urouge could take down Snack and Luffy/Nami could take down Cracker, yet BM pirates (excluding Big Mom herself) still have enough firepower to easily overwhelm the Firetank/Fishmen/Germa/SH Alliance with relative ease. Currently in Wano arc, if King and Queen went down there would be nobody holding the Beast Pirates up except Kaido himself. To see it from the arc antagonists perspective, as of now King and Queen really cannot afford to go down that easily.

Quote Originally Posted by fakescorpion View Post
    The problem with that happening in the current arc, is that there are too many heavy hitters in Luffy’s Alliance and potential allies. Luffy, Zoro, Sanji, Law, Shutenmaru, Kiku, Inuarashi, and Nekomamushi. (for the future we could also add in Kid, Hawkins, and Drake.)

This is not like WCI where Urouge could take down Snack and Luffy/Nami could take down Cracker, yet BM pirates (excluding Big Mom herself) still have enough firepower to easily overwhelm the Firetank/Fishmen/Germa/SH Alliance with relative ease. Currently in Wano arc, if King and Queen went down there would be nobody holding the Beast Pirates up except Kaido himself. To see it from the arc antagonists perspective, as of now King and Queen really cannot afford to go down that easily.
    We haven't seen Kaido's full crew yet, there is just no way that the next strongest after Jack is someone like Holdem, who doesn't even have a real devil fruit. We have only seen one guy(Kyoshiro) from Orochi's side so far. Also we don't know yet who exactly will fight Kaido himself.

Mangaspoiler Emigrant RigaCrypto's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tarek View Post
    We haven't seen Kaido's full crew yet, there is just no way that the next strongest after Jack is someone like Holdem, who doesn't even have a real devil fruit. We have only seen one guy(Kyoshiro) from Orochi's side so far. Also we don't know yet who exactly will fight Kaido himself.
    Orochi's right hand men & personal guards have to pack a punch/sword just for all the hype that was build up for the Wano samurais. If a fat outlaw can be on par with Jack, i really imagine that Orochi's samurais are quite impressive.

Also yeah, we still have Apoo that we can't be sure he will take Luffy's side straight away, Killer (although after Kidd's release he will get on board), X drake, Scotch (that took down X Drake iirc) & probably each of of King and Queen have their own "Holdem" that could prove to be much stronger that the PelvisLion himself.
    Luffy vs Katakuri compilation : https://www.docdroid.net/qrFOY9p/luffyxkata.pdf

Luffy vs Cracker compilation : https://www.docdroid.net/Pk06JZL/luffy-vs-cracker.pdf

Luffy vs Doflamingo compilation : https://www.docdroid.net/VDl3Ctf/luffyxdoffy.pdf

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information