+ Reply to Thread
Page 582 of 589 FirstFirst ... 82 482 532 572 580 581 582 583 584 ... LastLast
Results 11,621 to 11,640 of 11775

Thread: Marvel Movies Thread: Excelsior!

Default Re: Marvel Movies Thread: Excelsior!

Well, that adds to my Phase 4 theory now. They just confirmed that Kit Harrington will be Black Knight (Dane/the nephew).

Also, Gemma Chan from Captain Marvel will play Sersei in the Eternals

Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post
    Well, that adds to my Phase 4 theory now. They just confirmed that Kit Harrington will be Black Knight (Dane/the nephew).

Also, Gemma Chan from Captain Marvel will play Sersei in the Eternals
    I really wish I had any interest in the Eternals. I'm hoping it turns out like Guardians, where I wasn't interested going in, but the word of mouth made it unavoidable and I ended up loving it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    Wait has that actually been confirmed? I looked for other news on this and it seems like this site is the only one reporting about this apparent deal. Seems more like a rumor to me atm.

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    I really wish I had any interest in the Eternals. I'm hoping it turns out like Guardians, where I wasn't interested going in, but the word of mouth made it unavoidable and I ended up loving it.
    It's going to be weird seeing Robb Stark and Jon Snow, if they interact

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Also, this means Tom Holland is going to be Spiderman for basically forever, he'll be near impossible to replace when he finally decides he's done. He claims he wants to do it forever and maybe he will play SPidey for the next 30 years, but I have to imagine 11+ films prominently in the role might be enough for anyone. (And as a lead holding down the films no less, not a secondary like Nick Fury or Hawkeye)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riddler View Post
    Wait has that actually been confirmed? I looked for other news on this and it seems like this site is the only one reporting about this apparent deal. Seems more like a rumor to me atm.
    Just got debunked by official interview statements from Tom Holland and Kevin Feige at D23. Spidey is out of the MCU for good until further notice.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/08...eaving-the-mcu

Tom is still going to be Spidey in future movies though for the time being.
    Last edited by Count Mario; August 24th, 2019 at 04:33 PM.

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    I actually prefer Spider-Man being low stakes most of the time too. I like him best as a friendly neighborhood Spider-Man guy. But I like high stakes once in a long while though, and I feel like that is what a team like the Sinister Six should do. Because, well, how do you make a Sinister Six story stand out from a normal individual Spider-Man story about a bank robbery or something low scale like that? Spider-Man stories should not be like that all of the time though, definitely not.
    I never really felt that the sinister six was a winning concept, like i get the pitch in the first place like look out kids it's all the villains at once!!! Exclamation mark. But as an ongoing team they never really jelled for me, it's a bit like Venom for me, other people seem to like it but i just don't see the appeal. But the sinister origin story gave doc ock the opportunity to cosplay as an actual octopus and treat aunt may to some lovely danish pastries so it isn't without it's goofy up sides.

And Spectacular Spider-Man's Shocker with a southern accent and being a hired enforcer is great. Electro and Sandman could be huge villains that threaten the whole city, but they are too petty and stupid to do that unless someone like Doc Ock is leading them. Doc Ock, Green Goblin, and Kingpin are the ones that think bigger. Sometimes Kraven or Mysterio when they get tired of being pushed around or get crazier over time. But mostly it's fun or grounded stories about Spider-Man helping/inspiring/bonding with people around New York, and trying to keep his pitiful underdog life in order just barely.
    Even then Kingpin doesn't really plot all that much beyond being the kingpin of crime. But yeah i guess the goblin and ock have grown toward that type of big league villain. Not that i terribly miss the tired old days of doc ock stealing the something something ray which will in some undetermined way make him master of yadda yadda.

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

No Ant-man 3 and Captain Marvel 2 yet.
    Uhmm why so slow

I sometimes believe they didn't have anything that well planned beyond the Infinity Saga.

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    I never really felt that the sinister six was a winning concept, like i get the pitch in the first place like look out kids it's all the villains at once!!! Exclamation mark. But as an ongoing team they never really jelled for me, it's a bit like Venom for me, other people seem to like it but i just don't see the appeal. But the sinister origin story gave doc ock the opportunity to cosplay as an actual octopus and treat aunt may to some lovely danish pastries so it isn't without it's goofy up sides.

I think the biggest appeal of it is just the insurmountable odds of him being able to beat them all at once. I liked how the 90's cartoon approached it where he was losing his powers for most of it and had to use his head, tricking them til he got his powers back and even then, still using strategy and making the idiots turn against each other. That would be a whole hell of a lot easier to swallow seeing it on the pages of the comics or in the kids' shows. Try that on the big screen? That's like Raimi movie level cheese. Possibly even crossing over into Batman and Robin level campy.

Even then Kingpin doesn't really plot all that much beyond being the kingpin of crime. But yeah i guess the goblin and ock have grown toward that type of big league villain. Not that i terribly miss the tired old days of doc ock stealing the something something ray which will in some undetermined way make him master of yadda yadda.
    I remember one Sinister Six comic where he built his own ray that could turn people into glass (how freaking awesome would that be on the big screen?) and used it on Sandman who wasn't willing to go along with whatever scheme he was plotting, and in the end Sandman, after having his solid glass body shattered, basically became Glass Shards Man and attacked Doc Ock with those instead of just his normal sand. But to get the full effect of that we'd have to see something rated R, most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    Uhmm why so slow

I sometimes believe they didn't have anything that well planned beyond the Infinity Saga.
    Based on the movies set up, this Saga might be about mutation. Certain villains and antagonist taking the forefront makes sense. Setting up some of the origins of mutation in Phase 4, makes more sense so Phase 5 can solidify it as a norm. Mutation doesn't just cover evolved humans, it spans over time and space where many races were experimented on

Examples from Phase 5
    Already Shown
    - At the end of Ant-Man 2,
    Spoiler:
    Janet comes back
    . She shows off an ability that can be considered a mutation and it stems from being in the
    Spoiler:
    QR

- BP shows off mutation that has to do with a substance (Vibranium) from somewhere else.
    - Guardians 3 is confirmed to have
    Spoiler:
    Beta Ray Bill, Adam Warlock
    and focus on
    Spoiler:
    Rocket's origins
    . From what I hear bout the comics, Rocket is a result of
    Spoiler:
    The Stranger's
    experiments. Recently, Marvel has given Bill a similar background and we know that Adam Warlock is the result of an experiment and his movie version isn't too different from that because of the Birth Pod.

In Development/might not be in Phase 5
    - FF, Mutants (X Men), Blade are all mutants and that would be a norm after Phase 4's groundwork

Phase 4 confirmed plots and pivotal entities that will prepare the audience for mutation
    - Hydra continuing their work after losing the Mind Stone, Space stone, Wanda, some standing in SHIELD, well you get it, HYDRA never dies. They are confirmed as big in
    Spoiler:
    Nat's world
    - The
    Spoiler:
    Mandarin's rings
    arrived in a similar way to
    Spoiler:
    Vibranium in Wakanda
    - Shang-Chi
    - Wanda is a result of HYDRA's experiments with the Mind Stone and will be part of Strange 3
    - Jane might suffer from the after effects of the Reality Stone - Thor 4
    -
    Spoiler:
    Eternals are results of the Celestial's experimentation

So, maybe it's better for some to come back after Phase 4 does what is needed to digest Phase 5. Going by how Phase 1 setup the 1st Saga for Infinity Stones, if mutation is the center of this saga, Phase 4 is going in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    The Ant Man movies have had the lowest box office since the phase 1 films. And they didn't know how CM was going to do until it came out, so they didn't schedule it immediately, same as Black Panther.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Super late to the party. But I just watched Into the Spider-verse. Damn that was a solid movie.

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    Super late to the party. But I just watched Into the Spider-verse. Damn that was a solid movie.
    Easily my favorite Spider-Man and even favorite superhero movie of all time.

I would be completely cool with a sequel focusing on just Miles being a solo hero.

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

She gets to play more than 1 character in the MCU cuz she's so fine.

That aside, most of my interest in Eternals stem from the fact that i'm clueless to them. I know little to nothing when it comes to Deviants, Celestials and Eternals. I am informed on the Ebony Blade and Black Knight tho.

Discovered Stowaway

Well, Captain America's retired so why not go with more European heroes like Captain Britain and others?

It's going to be weird seeing Robb Stark and Jon Snow, if they interact

Pfft. No more weird seeing Bilbo and Gollum with the power dynamic shifted in Black Panther.

She gets to play more than 1 character in the MCU cuz she's so fine.

So then she'll be joining the ranks of the likes of Alfre Woodward and Clancy Brown, who have played multiple roles in the MCU (although they played roles in the movies and the Netflix series, not two different roles just in the movies.)

Last edited by BattleFranky69; August 25th, 2019 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky69 View Post

Well, Captain America's retired so why not go with more European heroes like Captain Britain and others?

Pfft. No more weird seeing Bilbo and Gollum with the power dynamic shifted in Black Panther.

So then she'll be joining the ranks of the likes of Alfre Woodward and Clancy Brown, who have played multiple roles in the MCU (although they played roles in the movies and the Netflix series, not two different roles just in the movies.)

I seen a Bx thread on the actors n actresses that play multiple roles in the MCU. Mahershala and Alfre were on Luke Cage and now are playing new characters. Those are the only ones they missed. Kenneth Choi plays the principal in Homecoming and the principal's grandfather in Captain America.

I never seen LOTR b4. Might try it 1 day.

Just like Black Knight was hinted and is now confirmed in the MCU. Captain Britain was hinted even more than him and might appear in 1 of the movies or series.

Mind: Blown.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    Sony is doing the biopic lol

Discovered Stowaway

I seen a Bx thread on the actors n actresses that play multiple roles in the MCU. Mahershala and Alfre were on Luke Cage and now are playing new characters. Those are the only ones they missed. Kenneth Choi plays the principal in Homecoming and the principal's grandfather in Captain America.

I never seen LOTR b4. Might try it 1 day.

Just like Black Knight was hinted and is now confirmed in the MCU. Captain Britain was hinted even more than him and might appear in 1 of the movies or series.
    Actually Bilbo and Gollum were face to face in the Hobbit trilogy, not the LOTR trilogy.

I didn't count Kenneth Choi because it's basically the same character since it's a grandfather and grandson from the same family. If they were different characters rather than descendants, maybe.

And it would be nice for the overwhelming majority of MCU movies not to take place either within the U.S. at all or to just have it as a location used for more than a few scenes (like in Black Panther) so I'd be happy to see more European locations for setting, particularly England.

Sony is doing the biopic lol

Oh, I know. I just couldn't see it because I would be crying through the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky69 View Post
    Actually Bilbo and Gollum were face to face in the Hobbit trilogy, not the LOTR trilogy.

I didn't count Kenneth Choi because it's basically the same character since it's a grandfather and grandson from the same family. If they were different characters rather than descendants, maybe.

And it would be nice for the overwhelming majority of MCU movies not to take place either within the U.S. at all or to just have it as a location used for more than a few scenes (like in Black Panther) so I'd be happy to see more European locations for setting, particularly England.
    What is Hobbit?

When it comes to setting, I like Guardians for being in space and would like Ant Man to venture the Quantum Realm more. Possibly more of Carol dealing with the Skrulls and Kree war in other parts of the universe. Also, I seen a decent theory for the FF being from the 60s, but were stuck in the Negative Zone for a while. A 60s quartet, surviving the Negative Zone would be similar to Robin Williams in Jumanji. I wouldn't mind it.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information