+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 924 : Ha*

Default Re: Chapter 924 : Ha*

Quote Originally Posted by RigaCrypto View Post
    About the newspaper, my guess is that they wrote something like "Monkey D. Luffy, is the newest All-Star of Kaidou's forces" to avoid more disruption among the citizens and to cover up that he is a pirate. That would explain the random faces :))
    I don't see the need to overcomplicate this. The chapter points out that the news is about their scuffle, so it's telling people that he's been handled, he's in jail now.

Powerlevel = 1 Cavendish Cavendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Captain Obvious much? ^^;

Is it some Kabuki theater reference or something?
    Kind of, kabuki is over the top and bombastic so the silly faces fit in with the theme of this arc being like a kabuki play. I have no idea if it is a reference to a specific kabuki mask, you’d be better off asking a native resident than a gaijin like me.

Quote Originally Posted by pRopaaNS View Post
    One thing that kinda confuses me about Luffy's capture is that there doesn't seem to be any seastone in his cuffs. Otherwise I imagine he'd just melt down and not ba ble to stand up. Or is it?

Anyway it seems as if the only thing truly stopping him there is his injuries from the fight just before. I don't see why he wouldn't be able to blast his way out if he wanted to.
    That is not the way seastone works also not how the getting weak from the ocean works either. Whenever a DF user falls into the ocean/gets hit with seastone they keep a normal shape we have never seen anyone melt into a pile of goo. The seastone would infact prevent people from melting into piles of goo (if that is there power)

Quote Originally Posted by Shift View Post
    Yeah, but it's never officially been spelled "Kidd", has it? The name was always "Kid" with one D.
    People often mistake Eustass Kid's name as Kidd because of one of the two real life pirates he is named after: Eustace the Monk And William Kidd. But we can clearly see on his wanted poster that the names got morphed (as Oda generally does when naming after famous people) into Eustass and Kid.

Real life: Captain Kidd
    One Piece: Captain Kid
    Spoiler:

Queen's got the Funk Roronoa Zacho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    I don't see the need to overcomplicate this. The chapter points out that the news is about their scuffle, so it's telling people that he's been handled, he's in jail now.
    Same here.
    Since Franky, Robin and Usoppe were acting on the plan, their face-faults pretty much say:"Our plan is ruined!!!"

Are we really discussing if Kidd is written with one or 2 Ds? Does that matter if you spell it?
    actual sized Queen-GIF (alternative colours): https://media.giphy.com/media/SUEiLt...hgCz/giphy.gif
    My imagination of Moria's ol' crew: https://ibb.co/hEDSv8

Quote Originally Posted by Roronoa Zacho View Post
    Are we really discussing if Kidd is written with one or 2 Ds? Does that matter if you spell it?
    I hate you one D:ers so much

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    Shamisen lady is back. I suspect she will never enter the story until the arc is over, she finishes playing, puts her mask down and reveals to be Tama singing the story of Kaido downfall to her public 10 years from now. You read it here first.
    Genius. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    I hate you one D:ers so much
    Captain Eustas Kid D(one of the D's ;)

Did they just confirmed that all Calamities are very big people?

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Sure they did. To no suprise.

I love that people see Luffy being so small and underestimate him all throughout the series. It has a charm to it.

After that Glare scene.. I do think that Luffy will take part in group battle against Kaido and he will have some of decisive hits.. probably with Morias shadows help. Action of fire festival will take place at night, when fireworks create many shadows.. pretty great set up for Moria stealing plenty of shadows.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Pretty much, though I'd be lying if I said that was a surprise.

So caribou would probably be here since drake captures hum wanna know how oda would integrate him in the story.

Also I think either Denjiro or Kawamatsu is the fishbone guy.

That would set up the story by luffy luffy having a prison breakout and letting this guy out.

Also my prediction is that Zoro would be the one going to rescue luffy since he is the closestand he will meet up with killer... The two would rampage and will try to free luffy and kid but drake would intervene since he is the headliner in charge with Udon along with 2 other headliners(1 boy and 1 girl) and then one of the other all-star/calamity will arrive and that will be the end of act 2: a prison riot

Ooh another mystery person!

I wonder what sort of propaganda they were showing in the newspaper, or maybe it was just a dick pick?

How fun would it be if KId is the one that trains luffy in fruit awakening. Either him or the guy with fishbone if he is different person.
    Last edited by uniaka ikuzakas; November 9th, 2018 at 04:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by badwolf1234 View Post
    So caribou would probably be here since drake captures hum wanna know how oda would integrate him in the story.

Also I think either Denjiro or Kawamatsu is the fishbone guy.

That would set up the story by luffy luffy having a prison breakout and letting this guy out.

Also my prediction is that Zoro would be the one going to rescue luffy since he is the closestand he will meet up with killer... The two would rampage and will try to free luffy and kid but drake would intervene since he is the headliner in charge with Udon along with 2 other headliners(1 boy and 1 girl) and then one of the other all-star/calamity will arrive and that will be the end of act 2: a prison riot
    Wonder where Oda gonna go with Caribou knowing about Poseidon plot point. Pretty sure Kaido would love a Ancient Weapon so I'm sure Caribou hasn't spelled the beans yet otherwise he'll gone to capture her himself.

Mangaspoiler Emigrant RigaCrypto's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Chaos View Post
    Wonder where Oda gonna go with Caribou knowing about Poseidon plot point. Pretty sure Kaido would love a Ancient Weapon so I'm sure Caribou hasn't spelled the beans yet otherwise he'll gone to capture her himself.
    I think Oda made Caribou exactly for the purpose of "the guy who messes up things in favor of the main characters" for when shit hits the fan. Also i'm sure Oda has made his DF specifically for storing something at a later time that only he could do.
    Luffy vs Katakuri compilation : https://www.docdroid.net/qrFOY9p/luffyxkata.pdf

Luffy vs Cracker compilation : https://www.docdroid.net/Pk06JZL/luffy-vs-cracker.pdf

Luffy vs Doflamingo compilation : https://www.docdroid.net/VDl3Ctf/luffyxdoffy.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Don't see why not. Especially if it was made on Wano. With the fire splitting swords and everything. Hope it's something more interesting than seastone.

The seastone info explains why Dofla had so much of it, and he was most likely the primary supplier to WG.

That silhouette definitely doesn't look like any of the samurai shown. Looks like Vegapunk's silhouette. Since it seems unlikely it's Vegapunk himself, maybe it's his brother, or something. Then again, if Vegapunk got himself captured by Kaido, it's not like WG would announce it to the whole world. And Kaido did just lose his source of SMILE.

Vegapunk being there might shed some light on the whole devil fruit thing, finally. There's not too much time left for that. And he could also help his cellmates discover how to awaken their devil fruits. Convenient, huh? Not to mention it would give marines a reason to be on Wano. If you think about it, it could all fit nicely. In chapter 905: A Beautiful World, Ryokugyuu mentions Fujitora was on a long trip, and asked how Vegapunk was doing. That kinda implies Vegapunk is not in Mariejois or any of the two close bases.

Last night I suddenly rememberd Sentoumaru, and how he might appear in Wano, considering his name and likeness. And now there's even one more possible connection, seeing how he was working with Vegapunk. And he even appears on the damn cover.

So I do hope it's Vegapunk himself, yes.
    Man, you almost make me believe this stupid theory can have some well thought fundations... I will borrow Shinobu power to melt them away

What a great chapter. Oda has been on roll with his Wano Kabuki Act!

I really hope the Shamisen lady enters the actual story somehow, lol.
    Here’s how Naruto should end: Last panel is Naruto standing proudly over Konohagakure. Slowly zoom out to reveal Luffy staring into a snowglobe with a miniature Konoha inside it. Usopp asks him what he’s doing. Luffy replies “Thinkin’ bout ninjas! Ninjas are cool!” and then chucks it off the ship

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    Well a lump of seastone would be pretty brutal of a weapon.

But shouldn't it also drain the wielder as well if it's that size
    Kaido's so strong he has to drain his own energy to make it fair.

But on a serious note, he could just have the handle be non-seastone. Or he really is just a dragon that can just transform into an oni with no DF (pretty unlikely given the theme of his crew, and him being the "ultimate zoan".) Or it's just something else entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by BingBang View Post
    Btw where did you got that Katakuri picture? ;)
    It's from One Piece volume 4: http://forums.arlongpark.net/showthr...=1#post3939956

I wanna make a very very crazy prediction: i know that the mysterious guy is probably Denjirou or Kawamatsu, all odds are toward that but i find pretty strange they are trying to kill this man and not to break his spirit making him a subordinate (Kaidou tried it with Ashura Douji/Shutenmaru at the first occasion he met him in person and Jack himself stated that the ‘strong thief’ known as Shutenmaru is still alive because Kaidou wanted him in his crew). Also the guards heard ‘rumors’ about the person or creature inside the cell, like he was there for so long that the new guards don’t even know who he is. The person inside it seems to be very strong and dangerous (resisted for a lot of time eating poisoned fishes only and is able to kill a man simply tossing the fishbone at his neck, probably just using his mouth). Here comes the crazy stuff: what if this man actually is Oden? Would be a huge plot twist. Afterall we never saw him die, we only heard it from Kinemon, who disappeared few minutes/hours after witnessing the event, only to reappear 20 years in the future. Oden made both Roger and Whitebeard fall for him back in the days, why not a young invading Kaidou (who seems to have a thing for recruting strong people)? Maybe he tried everything to break his spirit but was unable to do it (Kaidou is well aware that people with Conqueror’s Haki are strong willed and don’t give up easily. In this chapter we also understand that Oden was the third Roger’s crewmember with conqueror’s haki) so now is trying to kill him as a last resort. Oden as the ‘fishbone’ guy would be a very wild yet really powerful plot twist at this point of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Nubtro View Post
    Yep, argued with BM who gets to kill him. https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/...n/0/907/page/4

Now that it´s prison break time #3, where´s our guy Jimbei? :)
    Kaido never says that he wants to kill him, here, just that he has a grudge.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information