+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 924 : Ha*

Default Re: Chapter 924 : Ha*

Quote Originally Posted by Shift View Post
    Yeah, but it's never officially been spelled "Kidd", has it? The name was always "Kid" with one D.
    You're right. The guy deserves a second d, though.

To be continued in Wano's Bizarre Adventure part 2: Battle Ten D. Ency.

Things of note for me:

- I'm gonna go ahead and assume Kaido's club is made of seastone. The henchmen put emphasis on the club, and then the narrative quickly switches to seastone explanations.

- I'm assuming Kaido saw Luffy's spirit. The underlings were confused, but the unconscious Luffy was "glaring" at him. Very badass and interesting.

- We have Kaido casually walking around and saying lines a LOT quicker than most would've ever thought. Awesome tease for very necessary development.

- I'm gonna assume Act 2 will be Orochi-centered, yet have battles due to how kabuki plays work.

- I got teary-eyed because Oda loves kabuki plays, and found a way to interweave them into Wano. It's beautiful and unique writing for One Piece, very well-welcomed.

- The next chapter's quite a wild card. Will we 'interlude' to Reverie, or continue on immediately? Also I don't think each Wano act will be any exact length; 2, 3, & 4 will likely be the longest.

- Luffy has without a doubt been imprisoned too much. :P Oh well, I can't think of anything better. It's already interesting at least with Mystery Fish Bone Guy and Kid.

Mangaspoiler Emigrant RigaCrypto's Avatar

About the newspaper, my guess is that they wrote something like "Monkey D. Luffy, is the newest All-Star of Kaidou's forces" to avoid more disruption among the citizens and to cover up that he is a pirate. That would explain the random faces :))
    Luffy vs Katakuri compilation : https://www.docdroid.net/qrFOY9p/luffyxkata.pdf

Luffy vs Cracker compilation : https://www.docdroid.net/Pk06JZL/luffy-vs-cracker.pdf

Luffy vs Doflamingo compilation : https://www.docdroid.net/VDl3Ctf/luffyxdoffy.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by RigaCrypto View Post
    About the newspaper, my guess is that they wrote something like "Monkey D. Luffy, is the newest All-Star of Kaidou's forces" to avoid more disruption among the citizens and to cover up that he is a pirate. That would explain the random faces :))
    That would certainly explain Robin's face a little. ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Quote Originally Posted by ArabianPrynce View Post
    The editor comment at the end of the chapter got me thinking in regards to the theme of fate in OP "those two are fated to meet" and how it could be connected to willpower. It could a typical hype thing that editors usually do, but I still wanna think if there is something more to it .Another thing i thought about is the difference in attitude between the supernovas and why kidd and luffy are the only ones that have conqerors haki.

I think CoC is given to those who are willing to fight against the odds and take challenges head on. Roger never ran away from fight like WB. In the Edd war against shiki, roger faced an armada against his one ship and never flinched and fought him anway. At the end MF,the narrator highlighted that never in WBs life did he get a scratch on his back because never backed down from a fight. Its these kinds of people with that approach to life are the ones to have CoC.The only hole in my theory is zoro since he has these qualities but doesnt have it or maybe he does?!!

Ppl say "will why dont the other supernovas have it, they want to be king to". Will they have that but i think their missing the aproach. Law wants to be king, but he plans and schemes and never confronts the odds head on its why he scholded luffy for trying to fight kaido because law isnt the kind of person to take on impossible challenges like kaido directly. Hawkins gave up and became kaidos subordinate. My theory is that the center of hawkings character is looking at the odds he is the kind of guy that if the odds are too low he will simply obey them and follow them without thinking of doing anything to change it. He probably looked at kaido saw his odds at "0%" and gave up. I think his character arc is going to be learning to fight to increase odds rather than submit to it. Capone also sought to be under BM although he wanted to take her down once again he tried to do it by scheming and working in the shadows but never directly. This mindset applies to most supernovas
    Btw where did you got that Katakuri picture? ;)

Quote Originally Posted by RigaCrypto View Post
    Dude I think you're onto something. I'm gonna go with something similar to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaworu View Post
    Things of note for me:

- I'm gonna go ahead and assume Kaido's club is made of seastone. The henchmen put emphasis on the club, and then the narrative quickly switches to seastone explanations..
    Well a lump of seastone would be pretty brutal of a weapon.

But shouldn't it also drain the wielder as well if it's that size

Quote Originally Posted by CHiZZoPs View Post
    You're right. The guy deserves a second d, though.
    He should hang out with jinbe, I hear he's got a second D.

Eh, shark genitalia joke.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post

Not if he doesn't even have a devil fruit.

Wouldn't think Kaido would use such a cheap weapon, but you never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Been cranky at work all morning. #goals

Figured it was a nod to that overexpression thing they got going.

Little too much in Robin's case.
    Well It was shocking alright to see Robin like that.

There was a scene in movie "Baraka"(not one from MK series lol) that you can see below

This chapter reminded me of it. That must be how Law feels when he tries to make some plan work when in Alliance with Strawhats..

Btw I really like how Hawkings is shown. He seems to be all good about serving Kaido for some reason, he is very much into killing/capturing Law as it was shown.

I wonder who will fight him in last part of this arc and what future holds for him.

I actually had to stop to laugh at Franky's face. Then I go to the next page and Robin is doing the same thing... you can tell when a face fault is going to become iconic in OP, Robin just made it there.

Shamisen lady is back. I suspect she will never enter the story until the arc is over, she finishes playing, puts her mask down and reveals to be Tama singing the story of Kaido downfall to her public 10 years from now. You read it here first.

Btw, having just rewatched Fury Road this week, Kaido's crew on the basement really gave me a War Boys feeling.

The best part of the chapter to me was Kaido saying Luffy kept staring at him the whole time even though to everyone else he was just unconscious. I don't know if that will have a deeper meaning, but even if not the scene was really cool by itself.
    Last edited by .access timeco.; November 9th, 2018 at 03:17 AM.

Mangaspoiler Emigrant RigaCrypto's Avatar

It's is probably made out just like Smoker's jutte, only the spiked end is out of seastone, the rest is normal... and it would be about time more seastone weapons to show up as it is the best counter to DF and nobody is using them ffs. Probably Smoker got his jutte also from here by some unknown means (gift from Issho back in the days) :D

Also, it would be really nice if by the end of Wano, Franky will get some seastones powerups, aswell as Usopp some seastone ammunition cause they gonna need it for everything that comes after Wano. Shooting plants and nipple laserbeams are not going to work on BM pirates, BB pirates, Admirals, etc.
    Luffy vs Katakuri compilation : https://www.docdroid.net/qrFOY9p/luffyxkata.pdf

Luffy vs Cracker compilation : https://www.docdroid.net/Pk06JZL/luffy-vs-cracker.pdf

Luffy vs Doflamingo compilation : https://www.docdroid.net/VDl3Ctf/luffyxdoffy.pdf

Lurking since 2007... Nidhoeggr's Avatar

So Oda will structure this arc like a classic theatre play, very interesting. Maybe we will alternate between the Referie, more Wano acts and maybe even a third location for a big buildup to chapter 1000.
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. - Sun Tzu, The Art Of War

It could be the same as smoker, the handle does not need to have seastone to it.

I somehow believe its made of sea stone, that could explain why Luffy couldn't block it, I dont believe a commander level guy could be so easily OHKO =(

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Wouldn't think Kaido would use such a cheap weapon, but you never know.
    He's using cheap devil fruits, so why not

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post

Shamisen lady is back. I suspect she will never enter the story until the arc is over, she finishes playing, puts her mask down and reveals to be Tama singing the story of Kaido downfall to her public 10 years from now. You read it here first.
    Or she is the sister of momonosuke. If she was never send into the future, then she is adult now.

You do it like Smoker: Part regular club for handle, rest seastone.

Quote Originally Posted by Rewrite View Post
    "Connected by fate" I'm more convinced now that Kidd is Shank's little brother...
    Except Shanks is from West blue and Kidd from the South blue

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...5924571494.jpg

Remember this?

It's not a total surprise, since Vegapunk's name fits the gambling theme so he is or was probably part of Kaido's crew.
    Highly unlikely given Vegapunk is a Scientist for the Marines and Fujitora only recently just got back from seeing him and his latest inventions just before the Reverie started.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadguy View Post
    It could be the same as smoker, the handle does not need to have seastone to it.

I somehow believe its made of sea stone, that could explain why Luffy couldn't block it, I dont believe a commander level guy could be so easily OHKO =(
    Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    You do it like Smoker: Part regular club, rest seastone.
    Yeah but Smoker only has a tiny nub on a thin stick. If the club is like three kilos of solid seastone on a handle that's a whole 'nother thing no? Isn't there some sort of area of effect on a huge amount of the material? Or maybe i'm confusing things. I had the notion that seastone emitted an aura that effected even without direct contact

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information