+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16

Thread: Movies that don't deserve their own thread

Default Re: Movies that don't deserve their own thread

Trailer for the new Dune movie

I’ve never heard of Dune before, looks like a lot is going on

Dune's a pretty well known thing. Hard to believe there are people that haven't heard of it even if they haven't read it/watched any of the adaptations. Especially if they're into sci-fi.

Dune is considered a classic and influential sci-fi novel.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

I wonder how the streaming money will compare to what they might have gotten if it had actually opened in theatres in the US. I imagine a lot of people don't want to pay $30 to watch the movie at home since while you do pay a lot to go to the movies you get the big screen there and just the act of going out itself. Though I wonder why it's bombing in China.

If I had to fashion a guess even without the higher premium I think it still would've struggled financially, since at least going by reviews it's not really considered as good as or better than the original which is something these live action remakes have had problems with.

As for why it's bombing in China that's definitely a interesting quandary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    As for why it's bombing in China that's definitely a interesting quandary.
    I think this address the issue:
    https://twitter.com/hobis_pouch/stat...380911621?s=20

It does seem like a weird decision to make it more into a mystical martial arts movie. I haven't seen the animated movie for forever but is the dragon character the only really supernatural element in it? Though that person in that video says that the original story doesn't even have the dragon, but was that poorly received in China even back then? Or is it that this new movie just went over the top with the magic?

I usually love chi and martial arts movies, I have a shit ton of DVD's like, Ong Bak 1 and 2, The protector, The raid 1 and 2, Crouching tiger hidden dragon, house of flying daggers, hero, fearless, The Drunken master 1 and 2, enter the dragon, the ip man movies, kung fu hustle, fist of legend, iron monkey, chocolate

But I don't think this one was particularly good

I did not know they were doing The Witches remake. Which they appear to be fusing with Everybody Hates Chris and Americanizing it.

I love ya, Anne Hatheway, but you have a HARD job going up against Angelica Houston.

I watched the new Bill and Ted movie several weeks ago, and honestly it was extremely awesome, and I dare say better than the previous two. I feel like it concluded the movie series better than the second movie did. I'm glad I got a chance to watch it, and it really helped a bit with my depression.

Spoiler:
    Maybe music is the answer to achieving world peace like how it happened in this movie. I really loved that music scene with bringing all different people from different times to help bring the world together. I really like how the final act was done. Also, I'm glad that we got revisit time travel and going to hell again, I thought those were nice touches.

My AniList: https://anilist.co/user/starlalilymoon/
    Discord: starlalilymoon#3489 | Steam: starlalilymoon
    Avatar Information: Artist - ねこのりん; Character - Ayumi; Series - Pokémon

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information