+ Reply to Thread
Page 205 of 235 FirstFirst ... 105 155 195 203 204 205 206 207 215 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,100 of 4684

Thread: My Hero Academia II - Bhyyyyyyyyy

Default Re: My Hero Academia II - Bhyyyyyyyyy

I think the idea of one month of fighting makes you the best breaks the logic of this world and that the power creeping started in the fight between class A and B. It makes the whole school and lifelong training be ridiculous. But that's my personal opinion.

I am pretty sure it was stated that Noumus cannot be mass produced as people think they are. And it might take a decade to make an army of High Ends to the point that Dabi had to retrieve what lasted from the first one.

And lets no forget there was a whole abyss of a difference between Endeavor to All Might in power levels. That's why All Might's retirement is such a big deal because the next best hero isn't even close to what the best hero was. Heck! Endeavor's goal was to make his youngest son surpass All Might in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    I think the idea of one month of fighting makes you the best breaks the logic of this world.
    I'm not saying it made them the best, it just gave them enough of a boost to stand in the ring.
    It was a very exceptional circumstance, and it's been established within the story that quirks develop through being pushed and strained.
    That's why they were having the kids torture themselves through extensive quirk use at the training camp in the woods.
    The LoV did the equivalent of that stress training for over a CONSECUTIVE month and a half. That's going to DO something.

It's not like the LoV curbstomped the alliance either. They got pretty fucked up and had to put everything they had into winning,
    which is why this was set up like a shonen arc with the main characters having reversed moral alignment.

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

LoV didn't necessarily walk all over MLA. They took a beating too. Spinner and Compress are the only ones not damaged by their fights. Shiggy is burned up and missing fingers. Dabi has even more charred body. Twice got pretty beat up. Toga is dying.

I mean...I think it's also the point in making the villains stronger. We were eventually gonna hit a point in the story where the kids can't overcome the villains. Stories like this usually have that segment in the story where everything feels hopeless for the heroes. The villains overpowering the current heroes seems plausible. The hero system is flawed and something huge has to upset the balance. More than just losing All Might.

Quote Originally Posted by themick View Post
    My problem with the High Ends are that one of them severely injured/crippled and almost killed the #1 hero. If the LoV had provided High End with even a little bit of backup/support they could have killed the #1 hero, like they tried to do to All Might at USJ. Now the LoV is even stronger. So what is stopping them from rolling over the entire country?

Sure the heroes could team up but the league could attack the top heroes when they are home alone. Based on how the story has played out most of the power in the country is wielded by the top 10 or so heroes. When I say power i mean physical combat ability. Once these top heroes are gone it seems like this society would break down.

So when the #1 hero can barely survive against the LoV what hope do a bunch of first year high school students have? Hori took his story to a national level and these kids are a million years to early to compete on that level. So why are they in the story or why did he expand the scope so large this early?

This proves my point. Without a billionaire cult leader backing you villains should really be a non threat. Yet even with all that backing somehow LoV walked all over the MLA.
    It was established that new generations are stronger than old ones, so the likes of Endeavor will be surpassed in the long run.

Hell, you could argue Shouto is close to surpassing Endeavor, if not already did so. He just doesn't have the same experience, but in raw power, they're comparable.

Then you have Inasa (whirlwind), Shindo (earthquakes), Tamaki and Nejire of the Big 3... I would argue Heroes had it stacked for them for quite a time.

And, Shigaraki and Gigantomachia aside, none of the villains of the LoV are that horribly strong. The High End threat is still not a reality since they haven't finished development. Things are not that bleak yet.

LoV walked over the MLA?
    Last edited by King Cannon; August 22nd, 2019 at 10:48 AM.

I think the idea of one month of fighting makes you the best breaks the logic of this world and that the power creeping started in the fight between class A and B. It makes the whole school and lifelong training be ridiculous. But that's my personal opinion.
    Ch. 213 definitely marked a turning point for sure...

Where is this idea that fighting Gigantomachya made their quirks stronger even coming from? That might have increased their base stats but the reason Shigaraki can level cities now is because he overcame a mental blockade. Same deal with Twice. Toga just found out a new ability of her quirk. The others are the same.

And I guess there's also this new 'quirk evolution' concept, but that has nothing to do with Gigantomachya either.

So with a few exceptions, MHA generally alternates between "school arcs" and "serious/villain arcs." So we're probably getting another school arc next, but I'm not really sure what's left to cover. So far we've had:

-Class A vs. Class A (Prologue arc)
    -Class A vs. the rest of the school (Sports Festival)
    -Class A vs. Teachers (Mid-term arc [At least I think that's what it was])
    -Class A vs. other schools (License exam)
    -Mini-arc with Todoroki and Bakugo retaking their exam
    -Culture festival arc with a low level minor villain
    -Class A vs. Class B arc

The only ideas left that I can think of are a more high level Class A vs. Class A arc, or a more focused Class A vs. Other Schools arc. I guess there's finally moving onto Year 2, but I'm not really sure how you can turn that into an arc.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBits
    Place your bets. Is [AlphaMale/AlphaBro, an obvious ban evader] going to get banned again today, tomorrow, or in a week?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaBro
    okay let's bet . Would love to see your losing face next week !
    An actual bet and conversation on the Chapter 905 thread, literally an hour before he got banned again.

With Shigaraki you can say it's both remembering his past and the level grinding. There's no way the League didn't improve fighting Gigantomachia. It's been shown the more the train your quirk the stronger it gets. I'd argue the reason Toga can use other people's quirks now is because she level grind.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBits View Post
    So with a few exceptions, MHA generally alternates between "school arcs" and "serious/villain arcs." So we're probably getting another school arc next, but I'm not really sure what's left to cover. So far we've had:

-Class A vs. Class A (Prologue arc)
    -Class A vs. the rest of the school (Sports Festival)
    -Class A vs. Teachers (Mid-term arc [At least I think that's what it was])
    -Class A vs. other schools (License exam)
    -Mini-arc with Todoroki and Bakugo retaking their exam
    -Culture festival arc with a low level minor villain
    -Class A vs. Class B arc

The only ideas left that I can think of are a more high level Class A vs. Class A arc, or a more focused Class A vs. Other Schools arc. I guess there's finally moving onto Year 2, but I'm not really sure how you can turn that into an arc.
    The VS Other Schools Arc could happen. Another arc giving a Class A student more focus is always welcomed. Never thought about until now but Deku needs a new hero to intern under and Gran Torino's probably still busy looking for Shigaraki.

NNID: jervinnectar

Quote Originally Posted by Nectar View Post
    Never thought about until now but Deku needs a new hero to intern under and Gran Torino's probably still busy looking for Shigaraki.
    Also Bakugo and Todoroki now can operate along with heroes. Bakugo never had a pro to work with for the internship. He can't work with Best Jeanist so he's going to have to go with someone new. Still hoping for Mirko. Todoroki is probably going back to Endeavor so he can train further with his fire. Deku might either get a hero to himself or be teamed up with a classmate.

Quote Originally Posted by Nectar View Post
    With Shigaraki you can say it's both remembering his past and the level grinding. There's no way the League didn't improve fighting Gigantomachia. It's been shown the more the train your quirk the stronger it gets. I'd argue the reason Toga can use other people's quirks now is because she level grind.
    ^ Basically what I've been getting at.

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/...n/0/240/page/1

Spoiler:
    Yeah, everything about Hawks is rushed af. Didn't really expect to see him there. It's weird. Can't wait to see if he's actually killed BJ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Yeeeeees
    Spoiler:
    He still has the face hand so I can call him Facepalm.

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Spoiler:
    That new name is worse than either of the two previous ones. I'm just going to call them the Paranormals. I like the intent to rebrand themselves outside of being criminals though.

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

Spoiler:
    Toga with an eyepatch, oh my god.
    I love it! Glad she pulled through.

The artwork was pretty damn cool for those spreads.

I Like Video Game Music hosemisnuba's Avatar

Yeeeeees
    Spoiler:
    He still has the face hand so I can call him Facepalm.
    Spoiler:
    To be honest, I dig the new Shigaraki with one facepalm. Multiple hands looked creepy, but it really didn't come acrossed as forceful and intimidating.
    One facepalm keeps the integrity of the character design, but gives Shigaraki more presence. On another note, I remain substantially
    disappointed that there was no big double spread of Gigantomachia swearing fealty to Shigaraki. The initial goal of the arc for villains was to tame
    him, but no there was no substantial set piece for that purpose, and I can't help but feel disappointed.

Spoiler:
    So, Geten is female? It's hard to tell either way. I hope it's a she.

Yeah, that new name doesn't roll off the tongue but its hard to top the cheesiness of League of Villains. Like Shiggy said it doesn't matter. I like Twice remembering Toga Clone's sacrifice and a know several people over the net will be happy he didn't just "get over" his trauma. Bonus to points to him sliding up onstage. That's my Twice.

Shigaraki rocking a suit! But the sneakers aren't read, come on Shiggy. Huge points to Skeptic for manipulating what really happened while still showing citizens using quirks in a positive light.

Is that really Best Jeanist? I'm going to say no only because there's a big enough time jump between Hawks pulling out his sword and him carrying the bag with public knowledge Best Jeanist went missing. BJ never showed his face, it's possible it can be a fake and the real Jeanist is hiding after Hawks explained his mission.

NNID: jervinnectar

Spoiler:
    Good point, now I think it's a fake too.

That new name... ew

Spoiler:
    They really went for sushi. Attaboy Hori.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information