+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Goblin Slayer. (Anime Announced for 2018)

Default Goblin Slayer. (Anime Announced for 2018)

Anime announce. Making a thread. Don't care if no one else cares.

You can read online here:http://www.mangahere.cc/manga/goblin_slayer/

And the prequel:http://www.mangahere.cc/manga/goblin...tory_year_one/

Default Re: Goblin Slayer. (Anime Announced for 2018)

I wonder if 17+ is gonna be enough to faithfully adapt the manga

Goblin lives matter.

Enviado do meu iPad usando Tapatalk

I read the first chapter. It seemed like a bland, possibly light hearted RPG based manga series. Then it all went wrong. Horribly, horribly wrong. Those poor, stupid kids. I hate goblins forever now.

I feel this series betrayed my expectations and went dark too fast, but that's just me. I'm happy this series is getting an anime, regardless of my viewing experience. It seemed well written, at least, so I'm glad to see talent getting rewarded. Not sure if I'm going to pick up this series now though. It occurs to me that "Monk Girl" is going to have a voice actress now, and I'm not sure if I want to hear that.

In short, I'm a big wimp and I'm too traumatized to follow this series.
    Last edited by onemoment; February 19th, 2018 at 02:15 PM. Reason: No I didn't read the cover.

Quote Originally Posted by onemoment View Post
    I read the first chapter. It seemed like a bland, possibly light hearted RPG based manga series. Then it all went wrong. Horribly, horribly wrong. Those poor, stupid kids. I hate goblins forever now.

I feel this series betrayed my expectations and went dark too fast, but that's just me. I'm happy this series is getting an anime, regardless of my viewing experience. It seemed well written, at least, so I'm glad to see talent getting rewarded. Not sure if I'm going to pick up this series now though. It occurs to me that "Monk Girl" is going to have a voice actress now, and I'm not sure if I want to hear that.

In short, I'm a big wimp and I'm too traumatized to follow this series.
    Apt avatar.

Based on this thread popping up, I too, curiously checked out chapter one. I'm glad I did because at least I know this series is not for me at all.

A few of these darkly realistic light novel fantasy series in the mix lately. 2016's Hai to Gensou no Grimgar treats low level RPG monsters (goblins!) as dangerous, but is much less graphic. Might be more your speed, onemoment?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    There's a great lighthearted vibe around here, because no matter how serious we might get, we're all together because of some magical pirate.

So apparently it's the same studio that did Akame Ga Kill.

Okay then.

Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    Apt avatar.

Based on this thread popping up, I too, curiously checked out chapter one. I'm glad I did because at least I know this series is not for me at all.

A few of these darkly realistic light novel fantasy series in the mix lately. 2016's Hai to Gensou no Grimgar treats low level RPG monsters (goblins!) as dangerous, but is much less graphic. Might be more your speed, onemoment?
    I advise checking out at least a few more chapters. The series honestly is NOT that graphic and the worst it ever got was at the very start, about 2-3 chapters. I went in thinking it was just gonna be a cheesy edgelord gore fest but it actually turned out into a shockingly mature, heart warming tale of a man dealing with a past trauma in the most self-destructive way and how he's slowly trying to change himself for the better. It's actually a far more optimistic and light hearted series than the introduction leads you to believe to the point that I feel that the author unnecessarily went too hard in the violence and gore at the start. There are still a few dark moments here and there but they're very sparse and earned. Even chapter 1 and 2, while over the top with the violence had the purpose of beating into our head that this is not a world you go in half-assed or you'll get fucking murdered. Fucking noob scrubs. Kind of idiots that automatically derail a D&D campaign at the first quest.

If nothing else, check out the anime which will probably censor the violence to the better of the series. The character study of Goblin Slayer is one of the best written, subtle and emotionally moving character arcs I've read in a long while and worth trudging through some of the early gunk imo

That's all the recommendation I could've asked for, Lion-chan; nice write-up there

Discovered Stowaway BananaBoatJim's Avatar

While I didn't know anything about this series before seeing KageKageKing's post, I followed the link and have now read up to chapter 17, and I'm officially hooked.

I'm looking forward to the anime adaptation, and I'm not too worried about the studio since I tried to watch the latest adaptation to Berserk and I don't think anything could be worse than that.

I'd also be okay if there was some censorship, but as long as they stay close to the source material's story line and characters.

Thank KageKageKing for this as well.

An anime based on only 17 chapters? Is this sourced from a light novel originally?
    Let the beat build bitch

Quote Originally Posted by They call me D View Post
    An anime based on only 17 chapters? Is this sourced from a light novel originally?
    Actually it is.

But I do think it will be covering until the Farm Battle and adding some extra anime only content on it.

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

Same studio as Akame Ga Kill?

Well damn, censored to hell then.
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version.

Staff:
    Director: Takaharu Ozaki (Girls' Last Tour)
    Series Composition/Script: Hideyuki Kurata
    Script: Yousuke Kuroda
    Character Design: Takashi Nagayoshi
    OP Theme: Mili
    Studio: White Fox

Quote Originally Posted by They call me D View Post
    From that video in the original post here, I followed it to this other video. It says that it was originally a light novel but has been adapted to manga as well. Seems there was some slight difference (able to go more in depth on a few things) but still stayed true to source.

Warning it does give some plot away

Someone above worried about censorship. Seems the light novel skirted a certain issue by not showing a hint of scene but its aftermath, while manga had a bit more freedom to imply things. So maybe they will go with the light novel format.

The Last Gunslinger Roland_Deschain's Avatar

Anime season one just finished and boy is it great. What a way to end the year.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information