+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1061

Thread: The New Nintendo Threadô

Default Re: The New Nintendo Threadô

Yup. Egad calls you for the first two objectives to tutorialize, and that's it, continuous travel through the weird hotel.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

My only issue with Luigi's Mansion thus far is that Egad seems to continuously spam you to go to the next destination when I'm trying to explore. It was literally seconds apart after one that I got another prompt. Was annoying.

Aside from that it's been fantastic.
    Oh hey, I do videos on figures and manga and stuff: https://www.youtube.com/thatmanhismerch

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber-Robin View Post
    My only issue with Luigi's Mansion thus far is that Egad seems to continuously spam you to go to the next destination when I'm trying to explore. It was literally seconds apart after one that I got another prompt. Was annoying.

Aside from that it's been fantastic.
    Have you turned off E.Gadd's hints under Settings?
    Currently playing Pokťmon Shield&Sword, Switch Friend Code: SW-6524-3266-0517

Quote Originally Posted by Early View Post
    Have you turned off E.Gadd's hints under Settings?
    I did not! I usually don't fiddle around with them but I'll do so. thanks!
    Oh hey, I do videos on figures and manga and stuff: https://www.youtube.com/thatmanhismerch

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    Yup. Egad calls you for the first two objectives to tutorialize, and that's it, continuous travel through the weird hotel.
    Good thing to know they wised up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

It was made by next level games (Didn't check, and only noticed with the credits being full of western names) so they did level up their act. The game looks gorgeous, the animations are enjoyable, a little weird with the power progression of certain bosses (last 2 regular bosses are a joke, but the 3-4 preceding them are a challenge, and then I died a ton against the end bosses).

Could have waited, should have played slower, I shouldn't buy another game before pokemon to tide me over.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Got pretty bored with Luigi's Mansion 3 partway through. The atmosphere is great but lots of areas feel like filler and there's only been one good boss so far IMO. Boos are boring as hell and hunting for gems, which has a lot of potential, is made endlessly frustrating by areas constantly refilling with ghosts, sometimes an entire gauntlet of them, over and over. I'm not terribly motivated to continue.

Not to mention that one segment of exploring that was punctuated by E. Gadd giving reminders every goddamn 30 SECONDS. Even with the hint feature off.

What a pest of a game.
    Last edited by Noqanky; November 3rd, 2019 at 12:44 AM. Reason: literally 30 seconds: we timed it

Remember, Nintendo is for babies and they've fully embraced it.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    Got pretty bored with Luigi's Mansion 3 partway through. The atmosphere is great but lots of areas feel like filler and there's only been one good boss so far IMO. Boos are boring as hell and hunting for gems, which has a lot of potential, is made endlessly frustrating by areas constantly refilling with ghosts, sometimes an entire gauntlet of them, over and over. I'm not terribly motivated to continue.
    I kinda am in agreement here. I'm only up to the Conservatory but it feels pretty repetitive thus far. 1 had you going all over the mansion and up and down floors to find the key to the next one. This is basically go to floor. Beat Boss Ghost, go to next floor thus far. As a lot of the in depth stuff is left to Gems etc it's kinda killed my motivation for it.

Anyone here play Little Town Hero? Only reason I'm interested in this game is because they took lots of there best Developers from Pokemon Sword and Sheild and put them in this game instead, so I assume it has to have some sort of good premise or gameplay or both but from what I've seen reviews seem to be mostly negative

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    Anyone here play Little Town Hero? Only reason I'm interested in this game is because they took lots of there best Developers from Pokemon Sword and Sheild and put them in this game instead, so I assume it has to have some sort of good premise or gameplay or both but from what I've seen reviews seem to be mostly negative
    That's what I've been hearing too. It did sound on the surface like something that would appeal to me but I'm finding myself needing to be more discerning about my RPGs with how much free time I have.

Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky69 View Post
    That's what I've been hearing too. It did sound on the surface like something that would appeal to me but I'm finding myself needing to be more discerning about my RPGs with how much free time I have.
    True true so many RPG's come out every single year that if I'm going to buy one it needs to be a brand name I trust (like Fire Emblem or Pokemon) or do something unique and interesting (Like Persona 5) to make them stand out from the others

granted I haven't played Persona 5 yet but it's def on my list

but it seems Nintendo struck out and missed with this new one, although I'm sure reviewers may have given it a bit more negative criticism due to the fact they took people off the new Pokemon game to make this
    Last edited by Shiebs; November 6th, 2019 at 03:20 PM.

I pushed through and finished Luigi's Mansion 3 with an A-rank mansion. Got all gems and Boos as well, for a total of like 21 hours.

I'm really disappointed in the game because it kept having a chance to be great, but the execution was absolutely not there. Overall amazing art direction and creativity, but the game design hovered between mediocre and poor most of the time. There are quality of life issues like having to rewatch entire cutscenes if you die (which was annoying even though I only died 4 times in the entire game, and 3 of them are from the final two bosses) and Luigi's slow walk speed when you keep getting sent from area to area (granted he EVENTUALLY speeds up after several seconds). The control scheme and aiming did not feel polished, even when using the bumpers instead of face buttons. The regular enemies range from bland to downright nuisances. Cleared areas respawn ghosts just to get in your way when you're hunting for secrets.

Most of all I think the puzzle design was bad. Some gems were rewards for clever observation, but more often than not the "clever" actions at best yielded a few more crappy dollars and the gems were hidden in disappointing and/or annoying ways. Nothing feels worse than pulling off something you weren't sure the game even wanted you to do, and getting a dumb achievement as your only reward. The most annoying gems were ones where the game has taught you one thing the entire time and then suddenly you're supposed to try the opposite. Probably the best example is how the vending machines can be used once or just outright destroyed with the plunger, as is required in multiple places to access areas behind. Except the time where you're supposed to flash the machine multiple times in a row. Just because. The game is littered with this kind of nonsense, and coupled with occasional bad hit detection on plungers or other actions, it can be frustrating, such as when you think you've tried something but really the game just hadn't registered it. I'll admit I looked up a few gems because I was just so tired of looking, and 90% of the time I was overthinking things and missing something unintuitive or something I thought I'd done already.

There were only two bosses that I truly enjoyed in the whole thing (floors 4 and 8). I do have to say floor 8 was super fun, and I thought finally the game was coming alive (heh), but it pretty much peaked there for me. And unfortunately we experienced a game-breaking bug during floor 8 as well, and had to quit out and reload the autosave. Basically in a scripted ghost fight, one of the ghosts got stuck inside a wall where it couldn't be vacuumed, leaving us trapped in the arena.

Bosses often felt like they had arbitrary weak points full of trial and error. The final boss was a slog and unfortunately centered around the most unreliable mechanic in the game. The penultimate boss fight was a lot better design-wise but in the end it boiled down to the same old rinse and repeat as regular ghosts.

Like I said the actual artistic design and atmosphere are spectacular, but that didn't make it fun a lot of the time. Either overall or because the pacing was awful (linear areas that go on and on and are full of filler fights, etc).I thought floors B2, 6, and 13 were particularly unenjoyable. A few of the floors were tolerable only by virtue of being so short. I probably enjoyed floors 8 and 11 the most.

Discovered Stowaway

True true so many RPG's come out every single year that if I'm going to buy one it needs to be a brand name I trust (like Fire Emblem or Pokemon) or do something unique and interesting (Like Persona 5) to make them stand out from the others

granted I haven't played Persona 5 yet but it's def on my list

but it seems Nintendo struck out and missed with this new one, although I'm sure reviewers may have given it a bit more negative criticism due to the fact they took people off the new Pokemon game to make this
    I like ones that have a bit of personality and a different sort of take on battling like Citizens of Earth and Citizens of Space. Things that stick too closely to old-school JRPGs but just look pretty with updated graphics aren't going to do it for me.

MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar

Mario Maker 2 is getting new content including a Master Sword power up that turns you into Link.
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

With all the new remasters and remakes being made am I the only one hoping Nintendo redoes Donkey Kong country 64?

And they better not take out the song if they do it, I used to be able to recite that perfectly

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

Remake Fighter's Destiny. That engine was unique and undervalued.

With all the new remasters and remakes being made am I the only one hoping Nintendo redoes Donkey Kong country 64?
    Given it had little to no redeeming qualities?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Id rather nintendo make something new with the IP, like donkey kong junge beat.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information