• Law - Germany
    • Kid - Scotland
    • Capone - Italy
    • Drake - Turkey
    • Apoo - China
    • Urouge - India
    • Bonney - Australia
    • Hawkins - Egypt
    At least Oda's realized that just "Africa" is not a proper nationality. Progress!
    Don't know whether to be pleased or concerned.
    PSN Username: Scoogs50

Default Re: Volume 88 Predictions/Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    I had never considered Blackbeard having three eyes, but I actually really like that idea so far.

Also, since Amande is listed before Opera on the characters sheet, this likely means she was born at the same time as at least the second daughter and is 47, while the Opera bros are 46
    Quote Originally Posted by GolD.Ace22 View Post
    For whatever reason, i didn't think that page was in their birth order. But if it is then that's awesome too.
    =D
    That is inconsistent with Smoothie being older than Montd'or, as it was strongly hinted in the manga.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    That is inconsistent with Smoothie being older than Montd'or, as it was strongly hinted in the manga.
    I get u bro, but I honestly feel like Moscato and Montd'or are twins and both are 40. So I personally think Smoothie is 5 years younger than them. But this is based on Moscato dying after losing 40 years of life [i.e. all he had left]. I have no basis to declare them twins as much as i want to.
    =D

Moscato is the 16th and Montd'or is the 19th, I guess it isn't outside the realm of possibility for them to be full brothers, but "sister smoothie"is the stronger evidence.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Moscato is the 16th and Montd'or is the 19th, I guess it isn't outside the realm of possibility for them to be full brothers, but "sister smoothie"is the stronger evidence.
    I know bro, Montd'or called Moscato Brother Moscato, i still think they twins. Sticking to it til I get proved wrong.
    =D

Not just "sister smoothie", it's not just that he used a honorific, but that he called her his "elder sister" (姉貴). It is not just hinted, it is outright stated she is older than Mont d'Or.

But Oda is making a lot of mistakes this arc, so who knows.

Yah, I'm using the eWSJ translation to check this, Steven said that whenever someone is calling someone else "brother x" or "sister x" is that the talker is younger. And well, the mistakes have been in numbering (Praline and Flampe) but until the character intro of this volume, not one in order.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

So I guess birthday SBS information has been moved online: https://one-piece.com/special/sbs/detail/3.html/

Streusen: April 27
    Mascarpone & Joscarpone: February 27
    Carmel: December 21
    Raizo: February 26
    Mansherry: January 28
    Kyuin: May 30
    Bakkin (Weevil's Mom): April 12
    Jango: December 28
    Sarkies: July 12

Spoiler:

So I guess birthday SBS information has been moved online: https://one-piece.com/special/sbs/detail/3.html/
    And thank god(a) for that. The birthdays always took up so much of the SBS.

Purely coincidence

all the fans will be screwed over if Oda finally reveals that in the One Piece World, a year only has 10 months with 40 days each, thus making fan calenders pointless.

Streusen: April 27
    Mascarpone & Joscarpone: February 27
    Carmel: December 21
    Raizo: February 26
    Mansherry: January 28
    Kyuin: May 30
    Bakkin (Weevil's Mom): April 12
    Jango: December 28
    Sarkies: July 12
    lol every one of them gets the Oda "okay sure" stamp of approval

I love how they use that "whatever" stamp to reinforce how little Oda cares about that.

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    I love how they use that "whatever" stamp to reinforce how little Oda cares about that.
    I tried to do the international version.
    Prediction.
    Quote Originally Posted by rayleigh92 View Post
    a team of allosaurus, spinosaurus, pterodactyl, branchiosaurus, triceratops and ankylosaurus, keeping the T-Rex one for King and megalodon for Queen.
    Quote Originally Posted by rayleigh92 View Post
    what if Rocks wanted to become the king of world... and he did i? Imu revealed to be Rocks could be a twist

Maybe its just respect cause she is a commander

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Geg View Post
    lol every one of them gets the Oda "okay sure" stamp of approval
    Damn I got weevil's mom

Edit: NVM I guess
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

I wish we learned what the Chess system in the BM Pirates represents.

from Den_Den_Mushi at OJ

Spoiler:

882 SBS
    Q: Oda Sensei! [He] kept [his] promise <3 Are you coming to the wedding?
    A: Everyone! Please look at this, from volume 58 SBS! T/N: Someone wrote to Oda saying that their boyfriend said he'd marry them if they made it into SBS. He included their letter and said the guy better keep his promise. Because Japanese omits pronouns, it's hard to tell who she's talking about so Oda had to refresh the readers' memory by including the original SBS question.

Q: Katakuri sure is handsome isn't he? But I'm the one who's going to be a model right?
    A: Perhaps.

Q: Lola and Chiffon sure are ugly aren't they? But the one to become a model would be my wife wouldn't it?
    A: You're really going to get crushed to death by your wife.

884 SBS
    Q: Hi Oda! I noticed something interesting, Katakuri doesn't eat in front of people, but in Vol 86, ch 861 pg 3 he's eating something, you can see bite marks on it.
    A: Yes, well spotted! It's not that Katakuri doesn't eat in front of people but rather he doesn't let people see him eating. Here, let me illustrate. Can you see it? No you can't! His mouth wasn't split from birth. It's from his speed (of eating). I'm considering whether to explain it in the story or not.

Q: How much to stay inside Rook for a night?
    A: If you're approved by Bege, it's free of charge. If not, then no amount of money will suffice.

887 SBS
    Q: Odacchi hello! 883 revealed Katakuri's shocking true appearance; could it be that Oda's policy is 'never draw perfect characters'? Katakuri gave me a sense of intimacy this chapter. It must be stressful trying to maintain an image for the people around you.
    A: Katakuri is laughing! He's laughing! As a policy perfect people are boring. People love other people's weaknesses/flaws.

Q: Is Tsuru going to follow Doflamingo's request and bring him the newspaper every day?
    A: No way, how can a prisoner receive such service? But Doffy has a lot of friends in prison, I'm sure he can use some method to get the paper from time to time. Fufufufu!

Q: What is Luffy's criteria for a 'beautiful woman'? Why is Alvida a beauty when Nami, Robin and Hancock are not?
    A: Luffy has indeed said that Alvida is a beautiful woman. When normal people say it, it's meant as high praise. But to Luffy, it's just a way of categorising people. Even though his senses are not normal, Luffy can tell. But no matter what they look like, he's not interested.

888 SBS
    Q:Can the messenger bats in the OP world deliver luggage? What about sending gifts between pirate crews?
    A: I've never seen such considerate pirates. So they don't exist. Messenger bats are mainly used by the WG as a method of communication. Civilians can request News Coo and they can request a company called 'Little birds Post' but the distance they can fly is short. Albatross Post can fly long distances, but there are many situations where they are unable to deliver. So post services outside of the government agencies are not 100%. Usually between pirate crews, they will just use their boats to send items. Because they have no fixed address. So you can imagine that parting ways for them is a lot more serious than how we normally consider it.

Last edited by Starrk; March 1st, 2018 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Starrk View Post
    from Den_Den_Mushi at OJ

Q: Hi Oda! I noticed something interesting, Katakuri doesn't eat in front of people, but in Vol 86, ch 861 pg 3 he's eating something, you can see bite marks on it.
    A: Yes, well spotted! It's not that Katakuri doesn't eat in front of people but rather he doesn't let people see him eating. Here, let me illustrate. Can you see it? No you can't! His mouth wasn't split from birth. It's from his speed (of eating). I'm considering whether to explain it in the story or not.
    Katakuri is a McNinja!

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by fuzi11 View Post
    all the fans will be screwed over if Oda finally reveals that in the One Piece World, a year only has 10 months with 40 days each, thus making fan calenders pointless.
    Im sure weve seen calendars more than once in the OPworld

I definitely remember seeing one in the CP9 coverstory when Lucci wakes up, but iirc part of it was outside of the frame. I cant check right now but there is definitely one in that coverstory panel.

Italian Capone and German Law seem just right.

Somalian Blackbeard....XD

Quote Originally Posted by Starrk View Post
    from Den_Den_Mushi at OJ

Spoiler:

882 SBS
    Q: Oda Sensei! [He] kept [his] promise <3 Are you coming to the wedding?
    A: Everyone! Please look at this, from volume 58 SBS! T/N: Someone wrote to Oda saying that their boyfriend said he'd marry them if they made it into SBS. He included their letter and said the guy better keep his promise. Because Japanese omits pronouns, it's hard to tell who she's talking about so Oda had to refresh the readers' memory by including the original SBS question.

Q: Katakuri sure is handsome isn't he? But I'm the one who's going to be a model right?
    A: Perhaps.

Q: Lola and Chiffon sure are ugly aren't they? But the one to become a model would be my wife wouldn't it?
    A: You're really going to get crushed to death by your wife.

884 SBS

Q: How much to stay inside Rook for a night?
    A: If you're approved by Bege, it's free of charge. If not, then no amount of money will suffice.

887 SBS
    Q: Odacchi hello! 883 revealed Katakuri's shocking true appearance; could it be that Oda's policy is 'never draw perfect characters'? Katakuri gave me a sense of intimacy this chapter. It must be stressful trying to maintain an image for the people around you.
    A: Katakuri is laughing! He's laughing! As a policy perfect people are boring. People love other people's weaknesses/flaws.

Q: Is Tsuru going to follow Doflamingo's request and bring him the newspaper every day?
    A: No way, how can a prisoner receive such service? But Doffy has a lot of friends in prison, I'm sure he can use some method to get the paper from time to time. Fufufufu!

Q: What is Luffy's criteria for a 'beautiful woman'? Why is Alvida a beauty when Nami, Robin and Hancock are not?
    A: Luffy has indeed said that Alvida is a beautiful woman. When normal people say it, it's meant as high praise. But to Luffy, it's just a way of categorising people. Even though his senses are not normal, Luffy can tell. But no matter what they look like, he's not interested.

888 SBS
    Q:Can the messenger bats in the OP world deliver luggage? What about sending gifts between pirate crews?
    A: I've never seen such considerate pirates. So they don't exist. Messenger bats are mainly used by the WG as a method of communication. Civilians can request News Coo and they can request a company called 'Little birds Post' but the distance they can fly is short. Albatross Post can fly long distances, but there are many situations where they are unable to deliver. So post services outside of the government agencies are not 100%. Usually between pirate crews, they will just use their boats to send items. Because they have no fixed address. So you can imagine that parting ways for them is a lot more serious than how we normally consider it.

So its not something that he was born with or was caused to him when he was young but something he did to himself...this kind of dimishes his whole character arc. And all for a joke. The eating fast thing was an obvious lie but that he maimed himself kind of makes me care less about him getting bullied
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information