• Team Chrollo

41 20.30%
Closed Thread
Page 250 of 267 FirstFirst ... 150 200 240 248 249 250 251 252 260 ... LastLast
Results 4,981 to 5,000 of 5332

Thread: Hiatus x Hiatus III: Goodnight, Sweet Princes

Default Re: Hunter x Hunter III: Chapter x Bolus x Time

Quote Originally Posted by AfroSamurai View Post
    Sooo... wasn't this chapter supposed to be revolutionary or something? It just felt like every other chapter in the last 2 batches...
    This chapter was revolutionary. It's the first time we've seen Gon, Killua, and Leorio in ages

Maybe Togashi decided to show up cause Jump Force just announced Killua and Kurapika to the line up. As well as Urameshi and Toguro.

SKADI IS A HELL OF A DRUG MrBits's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TLC View Post
    This entire chapter could have been condensed into 5 pages tops. Dude takes out a stand with his stand and now he's gonna use his stand to take out another stand. That's all the information we essentially got. I'm sure the massive text walls on how brain control stand worked was super important given it got immediately taken out by another stand (whose only explanation we got is it just eats other stands every couple of days).
    There are plenty of cases where Togashi goes overboard with walls of text, including other parts of this chapter, but in this case I think it works. Predator's condition is that it's user (Rihan) has to understand his opponent's Nen abilities as accurately as possible, and after that, it creates a counter to it. With that in mind, Rihan going over the Nen Beast's details feels justified and the sort of thing a normal person would do in the same situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBits
    Place your bets. Is [AlphaMale/AlphaBro, an obvious ban evader] going to get banned again today, tomorrow, or in a week?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaBro
    okay let's bet . Would love to see your losing face next week !
    An actual bet and conversation on the Chapter 905 thread, literally an hour before he got banned again.

Quote Originally Posted by Damage3245 View Post
    Anybody else disappointed in Sale-Sale's beast being taken out like this?

I expected to see it reproducing endlessly throughout the soldiers & crew to create a kind of exponential effect before anything happened to the Prince. This feels like an interesting storyline that was just cut short.
    I kept expecting something to backfire terribly during the process.

Feel like Koffing might still survive. There's no guarantee that it can't evolve or have an unexpected additional ability which will only play out later on.

I'd prefer if it was just done with, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBits View Post
    There are plenty of cases where Togashi goes overboard with walls of text, including other parts of this chapter, but in this case I think it works. Predator's condition is that it's user (Rihan) has to understand his opponent's Nen abilities as accurately as possible, and after that, it creates a counter to it. With that in mind, Rihan going over the Nen Beast's details feels justified and the sort of thing a normal person would do in the same situation.
    This chapter on random bullshit power vs random bullshit power controlled by two characters we don't really know or care about is all super interesting and not boring at all.

What is with all the Screwtape wannabes in this thread?

Karaage-san, Aishiteru! AfroSamurai's Avatar

Maybe this will all be a lot better when it's eventually released by Madhouse in a few OVAs?

I'm not holding my breath for that.

Quote Originally Posted by AfroSamurai View Post
    Maybe this will all be a lot better when it's eventually released by Madhouse in a few OVAs?

I'm not holding my breath for that.
    Nothing thrills me more than watching anime characters discuss things and introspect.

Quote Originally Posted by TLC View Post
    This entire chapter could have been condensed into 5 pages tops.
    5 pages is actually good. It starts getting really unbearable when only 2 pages are useful
    Every nation gets the government it deserves.---- Joseph de Maistre

damn with the pause it got worse

also, i had forgot about a lot of stuff, like that guy whose power is basically walltexting XD

No, that is the power of everyone in this manga, is one of the base forms of nen, that even non nen users can use.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    We know it attaches to someone and can kill that person given a certain time. It will detach if the person leaves its range (Fugetsu inadvertently avoided being killed by it "teleporting" to the 3rd deck). Since the nen ability looks like an annoying fly, it can also be used to trick someone into revealing if they can see nen. The fly apparently can be easily removed by its target if the person realizes it and if it is removed by force then it can never be used against that person again (this probably also counts if the target leaves the range).
    So, the ability is almost useless against Nen users, but extremely effectice against non-users as long as the targets remain in close range.
    Interestingly while the Prince shouldnt be a problem, under the current circumstances it might also be used against nen-users if they dont want to reveal their nen-affinity and recognize it as a nen fly, so they ignore it.

I suppose Sale-Sale nen beast was not really destroyed, maybe one of its small clones can replace the main body. In that case, the time that takes for the fly to kill him may be enough for Ushouhi to become loyal to him.
    But then he would see the cloud, either above himself or a new one above Sale-Sale and realize that he still has his beast.

Yeah, I just don't care anymore.

Assistants are doing nice background work though.

I really thought more was going to come from the Fugetsu escape situation but it got resolved pretty quickly. Melody's determination to save her prince in the face of mounting opposition was good characterization. She was a great influence for Kurapika in the Yorknew Arc and its nice to see her get a chance to shine on her own. Please don't Pokkle her togashi.

I personally like when Togashi gives us direct looks into characters thought processes and psyche but I can understand others not liking it. However, I think it should be quite obvious we are still in the setup portion of this arc. Crying how you don't care about any of these new characters when the author is still trying to show us which characters he wants us to care about is shortsighted and lazy. I can only imagine the whining you did during the beginning of the chimera ant arc. "Why are there so many ants with the queen? We won't be able to keep track of them all. Why isn't he focusing more on Gon and Killua? Why is that one ant getting upset with the other ants? I can't be bothered to keep up. They'll all probably die in a bomb or something. This arc is gonna suck lol."

...I do admit the bodyguard portion of this chapter was long and dry haha

Lol, forgot Melody is a she.

Quote Originally Posted by algebro View Post
    I personally like when Togashi gives us direct looks into characters thought processes and psyche but I can understand others not liking it. However, I think it should be quite obvious we are still in the setup portion of this arc. Crying how you don't care about any of these new characters when the author is still trying to show us which characters he wants us to care about is shortsighted and lazy. I can only imagine the whining you did during the beginning of the chimera ant arc. "Why are there so many ants with the queen? We won't be able to keep track of them all. Why isn't he focusing more on Gon and Killua? Why is that one ant getting upset with the other ants? I can't be bothered to keep up. They'll all probably die in a bomb or something. This arc is gonna suck lol."

...I do admit the bodyguard portion of this chapter was long and dry haha
    Personally, the succession war arc has a lot of similarity with the chimera ant arc. Namely, the focus more on the secondary characters instead of the main character (Gon & Killua in CA & Kurapika in SW) Even the election arc to a certain extend.

While the chimera ant arc did throw a bunch of new characters at the readers, it work much better because: 1)The ant design were much better & had more variety than all the bodyguards wearing the same clothing 2) The numbers of ants were much lesser 3) We roughly know who the important ants were, namely the royal guard & the king ( & maybe the squaron leaders)

I find it difficult to care for fodder bodyguard #37 when you know they are going to die...
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    So we're going down this rabbit hole again.

Can someone remind me why the banquet is so important? The day after the whole mess just starts again, right?

See you in another life! Mugiwara_no_Ice's Avatar

The guy should write a book to continue the story.
    Seeking infinity, with all my affinities.
    Finding truth, like a falling fruit, my ultimate finality.
    Inside my being, the outside, all things; the finite leads the way.

Quote Originally Posted by SunnyBlue View Post
    Personally, the succession war arc has a lot of similarity with the chimera ant arc. Namely, the focus more on the secondary characters instead of the main character (Gon & Killua in CA & Kurapika in SW) Even the election arc to a certain extend.

While the chimera ant arc did throw a bunch of new characters at the readers, it work much better because: 1)The ant design were much better & had more variety than all the bodyguards wearing the same clothing 2) The numbers of ants were much lesser 3) We roughly know who the important ants were, namely the royal guard & the king ( & maybe the squaron leaders)

I find it difficult to care for fodder bodyguard #37 when you know they are going to die...
    From my view, the chimera ant arc was the start of many of the phenomenons you describe. During the preparation of the palace invasion I caught myself thinking "dammit, how many of these stupid division commanders are left? No one cares about them anymore! Bring in the royal guards!" Then we had to sit through Sazan. And Leol. And Bloster. And Welfin shenanigans. It's basically part of Togashis defensive character esablishment: Draw a diverse set of players that could be developed in pretty much every direction. If you find an interesting pairing, take three or so pages to set up their characters, then have them fight for half a volume until you run out of ideas. Once your editor calls because he has run out of patience, kill off someone important so it looks like you are making progress, then continue playing mindgames with fodder.

Do you wanna borrow it? Khamolen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by algebro View Post
    Crying how you don't care about any of these new characters when the author is still trying to show us which characters he wants us to care about is shortsighted and lazy.
    Especially when your idea of an interesting character is a murder hobo Cousin Itt who never once displayed any personality.

3DS FC: 0619-3258-8245

Closed Thread

Thread Information