• Team Chrollo

41 20.30%
Closed Thread
Page 231 of 267 FirstFirst ... 131 181 221 229 230 231 232 233 241 ... LastLast
Results 4,601 to 4,620 of 5332

Thread: Hiatus x Hiatus III: Goodnight, Sweet Princes

Default Re: Hiatux X Hiatus III: So long Mulan Szechuan Sauce

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    Well, they have a relationship that will keep them entwined until death do them appart, so I think the marriage comparison was fair.

... also Hisoka was shown having boners from watching small boys getting pumped up, we are way past the point that kind of line should surprise us.
    S... So ? Are you suggesting that Hisoka is a pedophile ? WTF

Hisoka lost his last fight because he bit off more than he could chew, which he admitted, and now he's just going to randomly throw in a comparably tough opponent like Illumi while trying to fight off all the phantom troupe? Either he didn't learn anything from that fight or he has a trick up his sleeve for Chrollo this time. I feel like this death contract has to be fake and Hisoka is going to use both Zoldycks to help keep track of and ambush the Spiders.

Quote Originally Posted by luffy1988 View Post
    What, you didn't knew? Hisoka was shown getting sexually aroused by Gon. I mean, he got an erection once that's not the kind of thing that carries any ambiguity.

But it's not that he is technically a pedophile, he doesn't find kids sexy. He is turned on by powerful people with a strong drive... even if they are kids. There's a nuance.

... Although there is that scene where he keeps staring at Gon and Killua butts, I don't know how to explain that.

Quote Originally Posted by TLC View Post
    I know it's been a while since it happened but I just want to remind everyone Hisoka killing two of the troupe off screen was an absolute bullshit writing decision.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Of course some people might defend it as bold and brave and unconventional and not a total waste of two really potentially interesting characters.
    Shalnark and Kurotopi? Kuro isn't a fighting type guy so you can just assume he got dispatched easily. That fight would have been one sided.
    As for Shalnark, I kind of agree, even though he never really seemed like a good fighter himself. The antenna thing made him strong, but since it was auto-piloted, he was probably very predictable in terms of movements.

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    What, you didn't knew? Hisoka was shown getting sexually aroused by Gon. I mean, he got an erection once that's not the kind of thing that carries any ambiguity.

But it's not that he is technically a pedophile, he doesn't find kids sexy. He is turned on by powerful people with a strong drive... even if they are kids. There's a nuance.

... Although there is that scene where he keeps staring at Gon and Killua butts, I don't know how to explain that.
    But that's the thing. He was turned on by his potential. Battle junkie characters are kind of a trope. We just never seen one with such... physical manifestation of it.

So they split up while being hunted by a monster clown. Like doomed characters in a Horror movie.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceCowboy View Post
    Shalnark and Kurotopi? Kuro isn't a fighting type guy so you can just assume he got dispatched easily. That fight would have been one sided.
    As for Shalnark, I kind of agree, even though he never really seemed like a good fighter himself. The antenna thing made him strong, but since it was auto-piloted, he was probably very predictable in terms of movements.
    He was ambushed just as he was asking Kuroro to return his power to him. He didn't have his hatsu at that moment, and maybe didn't even had basic nen.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Dumbass-Kuroro has been at the horror movie school for searching things. Yepp, let's split up. Let's do that mothafucka !
    He didn't even care about Shizuku and Bonolenov. He basically told everyone to fuck off. But thankfully these two were witty enough to acknowledge that they can't really fight Hisoka.

Quote Originally Posted by projectelf View Post
    Cool chapter, I'm interested in the mafia now because they don't seem like the nen-less, clueless fodder now.
    Everyone was fodder 5 chapters ago, but now everyone can use nen. What a clusterfuck.

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    So Neon died offscreen, or Kurapika used the bullshit dolphin on her and somehow that breaks the thief book.
    But does it explain why he's the leader of the Nostrade clan now ?

And why was it bullshit for Hisoka to kill two people without nen offscren? He had motive and oportunity.
    It's probably just bullshitt that they die off-screen--- only that. Like, I don't care. But apparently some do.

Quote Originally Posted by luffy1988 View Post
    This is common knowledge in the fandom. There is nothing to wtf about.

Also, you thought a succession war, Hisoka vs the Troupe, Gin vs Pariston and Kurapika vs Tserriednich was enough ? Brace yourself for another war against 4 mafia clans in the the three first floors
    Every nation gets the government it deserves.---- Joseph de Maistre

I was expecting that the Zodiacs vs. Beyond and Phantom Troupe to be more or less on hold untill we reached the Dark Continent, but apparently the Troupe will be invading the Succession War sometime soon (as I recall they were after some treasures the princes brought with them). That seems to be interesting.
    For me, this is already one of my favourite arc of HxH. I'm absolutely loving the claustrophobic feeling of being inside a ship with Nen Beasts taking out one person after another. I half expect that Melody's and Kurapika's hopes of taking the Princes out of the ship to be monumentally frustrated. In my opinion I think we'll see a lot of the Princes die before long. With the exception, maybe, of the baby and Tserriednich.

Heck, I half expect that it will be revealed that Gon and Killua are on the ship! Everyone seems to be aboard now. All the plots are locked together in one place.

Karaage-san, Aishiteru! AfroSamurai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chams View Post
    For me, this is already one of my favourite arc of HxH. I'm absolutely loving the claustrophobic feeling of being inside a ship with Nen Beasts taking out one person after another. I half expect that Melody's and Kurapika's hopes of taking the Princes out of the ship to be monumentally frustrated. In my opinion I think we'll see a lot of the Princes die before long. With the exception, maybe, of the baby and Tserriednich.
    How? This arc is literally SpeechBubblexSpeechBubble, with most of it being bloated and overexplained, and waaaay too many characters to keep track. In my mind its perhaps the worst arc in HxH so far.

Oh boy, it's getting complicated now. It's about time. There weren't enough named characters to remember.

So I imagine at some point we're going to get the spiders vs Hisoka and Kurapika will probably find out the spiders are on the ship at some point too. I feel like all of this is buildup to some massive war that once it starts it won't stop until 90% of everyone on the ship is dead. Also I don't remember if it was said before this chapter (it probably was at some point) but I don't remember an older sibling of Killua being in the spiders so that's interesting to me.

Starving Artist Elektrik Dynomite's Avatar

At the risk of sounding blasphemous, this has not been my favorite arc either. It's very confusing and hard to follow (mostly due to release schedule). But it's also the worst offender of the "Show, not Tell" aspect of visual art. Maybe it's because I watched the anime and jumped into the manga afterwards, so I'm not used to Togashi's style, but outside of the Hisoka and Phantom Troupe aspects, I have not been enjoying this arc. I also wasn't a huge fan of the Chimera Ant arc, so idk maybe it's just me, but I absolutely loved everything that came before that in the anime. It mostly feels like he's dishing out huge amounts of exposition via text, without it appearing immediately relevant. Like it's so much info at once, and I have a hard time figuring out what of it is important, and what is extraneous info. This arc would probably benefit from waiting and reading the whole arc in one go

Quote Originally Posted by AfroSamurai View Post
    How? This arc is literally SpeechBubblexSpeechBubble, with most of it being bloated and overexplained, and waaaay too many characters to keep track. In my mind its perhaps the worst arc in HxH so far.
    It's pretty much standard HxH. At least that's how it has been since Meruem turned into a philosopher or what.
    Except for the amount of characters, everything else is ordinary HxH.

It's not my fav arc (yet ?) but it has the potential to rival with the election arc and the chimera ant arc. The two best arcs for me. The rest is just common shonen manga for me (except a few things here and there).

Quote Originally Posted by Chams View Post
    Heck, I half expect that it will be revealed that Gon and Killua are on the ship! Everyone seems to be aboard now. All the plots are locked together in one place.
    My personal theory is that they will both join the ship thanks to Knov's ability (we know that he will appear midway to bring supplies to the ship)
    Every nation gets the government it deserves.---- Joseph de Maistre

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    He was ambushed just as he was asking Kuroro to return his power to him. He didn't have his hatsu at that moment, and maybe didn't even had basic nen.
    I forgot about that. Other reason why turning that massacre into a chapter wasn't needed.

Hey the mafia know about nen since Yorknew, they are fodder but not fooooodder, they are not on the level of the hunters we follow but hey, it's something.
    And while I don't think Ilumi's "engagement" is anything but Hisoka's joke idea of a contract, but is hard to tell where the sex tension ends and the murder boner begins with the clown.

Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch View Post

My personal theory is that they will both join the ship thanks to Knov's ability (we know that he will appear midway to bring supplies to the ship)
    Hopefully with Alluka so they wish for this arc to end in the next 10 chapters.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    I'm sorry...But did Illumi say he and Hisoka are engaged?

For me anything else in chapter just got dwarfed by that little blurb lol.
    I think he meant "assassination payment" and contact by 'engagement ring'. I have a feeling that I read it somewhere before but I can't remember whether it is in HxH or another manga.

Another translation from reddit spoiler

Soo, my name is Illumi. I'm the eldest son of the Zoldyck family. Killua and Kalluto are both my little brothers. I've joined the Spider this time as per Hisoka's request. He and I had this give-and-take relationship, but we always thought that ultimately one of us would kill the other. Now is the time for that to come true. Hisoka's requested assassination target was himself. We have an engagement ring/promise (pre-nuptial agreement) where if he dies, I will get my remuneration. Both of us are serious, so I'm not told where he is.

It's a funny little metaphor, especially when you consider they are stuck in the agreement "till death does them part".
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Some people on /a/ think that hisoka is illumi and that baffles me but intrigues me a little. Biggest issue against that is Kalluto being there.
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Long John Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    Some people on /a/ think that hisoka is illumi and that baffles me but intrigues me a little. Biggest issue against that is Kalluto being there.
    Funny. My first hunch is that he disguised himself as Bonolev. The talk about him being able to transform as well as apparently Chrollo not knowing about that ability made it strange.
    It would also allow him to monitor Chrollo's movements from up close.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceCowboy View Post
    Funny. My first hunch is that he disguised himself as Bonolev. The talk about him being able to transform as well as apparently Chrollo not knowing about that ability made it strange.
    It would also allow him to monitor Chrollo's movements from up close.
    Only then he wouldn't be free to pick off the others so I think if he disguised himself as Ryodan he would be one of those that get to roam around freely.

Karuto joined the Ryodan officially during GI so he obviously should be there.
    Of course Hisoka posing as Irumi would be a logical choice as they have roughly the same height and Karuto could pretend to verify his identity letting him avoid the checks all the other 190 cm guys have to endure.

My idea would be that Bono is Irumi so he can observe Kuroro while Hisoka kills of the rest. Mostly by the fact that the real Bono is from a proud warrior tribe and would likely have loved to challenge Hisoka himself like the others and because Illumi can shapeshift.
    Last edited by Desperado; March 10th, 2018 at 01:03 PM.

Closed Thread

Thread Information