View Poll Results: Who will win?

Voters
202. You may not vote on this poll
  • Team Hisoka

161 79.70%
  • Team Chrollo

41 20.30%
Closed Thread
Page 210 of 267 FirstFirst ... 110 160 200 208 209 210 211 212 220 260 ... LastLast
Results 4,181 to 4,200 of 5332

Thread: Hiatus x Hiatus III: Goodnight, Sweet Princes

Karaage-san, Aishiteru! AfroSamurai's Avatar

Default Re: Hiatus x Hiatus III: Returns on June 26

It's almost like Togashi spent a little time with Hirohiko Araki, and ended up deciding that manga is actually all about how cool/creepy you can make the character's stand look, what diatribe you can get your characters to say to confuse the audience more than your art already does, and whether you can spend an entire chapter on something completely meaningless like a cockroach (or an AMAZING Melon Parfait).

Now can HunterxHunter PLEASE start being more HunterxHunter and less Jojolion? Pretty please?

Is anyone else just incredibly bored trying to read these current chapters?

I'm all for a bit of intrigue and political manoeuvring and what not but...c'mon.

These chapters are so slow and dense that I'm finding it genuinely difficult to even read them all the way through.
    "Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!" - Auron

I'm actually enjoying those chapters. The last one was a joke though.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

http://readms.net/r/hunter_x_hunter/367/4477/1

If only the AntQueen had eaten cockroaches, Meruem would still be alive...
    Every nation gets the government it deserves.---- Joseph de Maistre

I dunno I've really liked the last couole of chapters, it's fun seeing Kurapica really struggle to gain any sort of leverage

I was bored to hell by this arc. But then someone posted that "summary chart" some weeks and it made all the difference. Being able to remember who is who and where they stand, I am actually loving the last chapters.

It's not like palace intrigues and backstabbing ain't cool is that Togashi is being over the top complex and expository just for the sake of being and it's doing a terrible thing to the pace of it.
    Good to see, that in just 4 hours Kurapika managed to come with two strategies for a settlement. Oh and Bill will survive all this because they think he has a shitty ability.

These last few chapters have been really good, and I'm not worried about this king succession arc being entertaining anymore. The fighting has already started, its just mostly covert. I loved that queen wasn't useless and immediately picked up on ways she could help assist. And Kurapika having to play everything by ear because he is at a major disadvantage with the weakest prince/queen combo is interesting considering hes probably the strongest person in the conflict right now.

I guess I just don't understand what's so boring about these last chapters. Though I guess part of it is an apparent aversion to a lot of reading in a manga chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by algebro View Post
    These last few chapters have been really good, and I'm not worried about this king succession arc being entertaining anymore. The fighting has already started, its just mostly covert. I loved that queen wasn't useless and immediately picked up on ways she could help assist. And Kurapika having to play everything by ear because he is at a major disadvantage with the weakest prince/queen combo is interesting considering hes probably the strongest person in the conflict right now.

I guess I just don't understand what's so boring about these last chapters. Though I guess part of it is an apparent aversion to a lot of reading in a manga chapter.
    From the comments I read, many who dislike it are more than willing to read but in return expect HxH to have some relevant philosophical points. It is still a shonen written by the YuYu Hakusho guy. It has some really cool stuff but there is also some flaws that should be overlooked to really enjoy it. JJBA is a great comparison because of how Araki constantly brings up shit that is immediately contradicted, "they are called stands because they stand beside you" then Joseph grows vines out of his arm. I find all this dialogue to be part of the ridiculous charm and it is kind of what kurapiks is built for, none of the other main chars would bother with all this internal monologue.

Bill is my hero yet again, this team of 4 is getting very cool. Unfortunately 4th prince has nen soldiers so he won't need Kurapika's "training" offer. Good try though.
    Last edited by Brizan; August 7th, 2017 at 07:45 AM.

If togashi breaks 10 chapters without going on break we are changing the title back, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    I want everyone to note, in about ten minutes of time, a Bosnian, a Saudi Arabian, an American, and a Brazilian all sat around millions of miles away from eachother discussing rubber pirate comic books from Japan.

You've all had your 21st Century moment for the day, carry one.

Quote Originally Posted by Brizan View Post
    Bill is my hero yet again, this team of 4 is getting very cool. Unfortunately 4th prince has Ben soldiers so he won't need Kurapika's "training" offer. Good try though.
    No Tserriednich doesn't have Benjamin's soldiers.

He doesn't have any authority on them and he refused to have Benjamin's bodyguard btw.

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    Good to see, that in just 4 hours Kurapika managed to come with two strategies for a settlement. Oh and Bill will survive all this because they think he has a shitty ability.
    "oh yeah, he used this ability on a cockroach, but since I don't know if he can use it on a human or not, I think we'd better kill him just to be sure"

Quote Originally Posted by Hajro View Post
    If togashi breaks 10 chapters without going on break we are changing the title back, right?
    It's very unlikely that Togashi keeps publishing after reaching chapter 370 though.

Quote Originally Posted by Brizan View Post

Bill is my hero yet again, this team of 4 is getting very cool. Unfortunately 4th prince has Ben soldiers so he won't need Kurapika's "training" offer. Good try though.
    Ben soldiers? What the shit?!

You didn't check the rules did ya. You cursed us all again!!!
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by RobZilla View Post
    Is anyone else just incredibly bored trying to read these current chapters?

I'm all for a bit of intrigue and political manoeuvring and what not but...c'mon.

These chapters are so slow and dense that I'm finding it genuinely difficult to even read them all the way through.
    Definitely becoming tedious, in fact reading the complete dialogue from the spoiler is enough to make me not care about viewing the actual chapter.

Okay everyone, we know who to blame now when it break again. Hajro is our guy.

And no, at this point he doesn't get it back after just 10 chapters given his longest stint in the last few years has been 20. He has to do more or less a solid year with only a reasonable amount of breaktime before the threadtitle gets reverted. He needs to produce at least 40 chapters worth of content in a single year (the least Oda has *ever* done). But he hasn't hasn't managed even 30 chapters since 2001-2003. (And his first biiig hiatus wasn't until 2006)

Reminder that Dragon Quest XI just lauched last weekend.

And reminder the big middle-finger he gave us all with his story about his GPS not working.

Quote Originally Posted by AfroSamurai View Post
    It's almost like Togashi spent a little time with Hirohiko Araki, and ended up deciding that manga is actually all about how cool/creepy you can make the character's stand look, what diatribe you can get your characters to say to confuse the audience more than your art already does, and whether you can spend an entire chapter on something completely meaningless like a cockroach (or an AMAZING Melon Parfait).

Now can HunterxHunter PLEASE start being more HunterxHunter and less Jojolion? Pretty please?
    It's just... It's a f*cking manga, man. I get that Togashi has a suit/bodyguard fetish, but if that is the case: if most of the characters are going to be wearing suits, I'm gonna need their faces to be pretty distinguishable. And since this is manga and as Bakuman has established, the goal is to be as interesting as possible, why not make their faces interesting to look at? Then I could probably stomach all this dialogue better. But manga is ultimately a drawn medium, and that's why I often put so much emphasis on style when I judge it. Right now the style just feels... uhhh... minor. Minor character-esque.

I feel like it's going to get interesting right at the end and then we're going to get majorly blue-balled lol. But yeah I dunno, this whole thing feels like he's afraid to truly dip his feet into writing the Dark Continent arc.

- Yours with love, The World's Strongest Creature
    Next prediction: "Enies" has more to it than meets the eye
    My proudest prediction: Predicted Imu before he showed up
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7BkabF31ak

I think one of the reasons why it is problematic to get invested into this arc is that all the time we are introduced to new problems that we didn't even know were there. Some examples:

- Benjamin installing his soldiers in everyones quarters. Higher ranking queens sending their personal guards to everyones quarters. This is such a blatant advantage for the higher ranking princes that I have no clue why Nasubi even allows it.

- The supposed snobism among the princes. It is not impossible, it just doesn't fit with the impression that we had so far. Kakin is not an absolute monarchy, but a parliamentary democracy whose royals are usually rather down-to-earth. Nasubi is acting cheerful and caring in public. The princes are presented as highly diverse, educated and cosmopolitan. The only one who maybe fits the arrogant noble trope is Camilla. And this is an exceptional situation, being concerned with etiquette seems silly at this point ( especially with people like Tubeppa who are supposed to be highly rational ).

- Murders are supposed to be carried out in secret. Comes a little bit suprising after you hear that Benjamin basically planned to streamroll over everyone else (and shouted out in the hallway his intent to beat Tserriednich to death personally).

And why seems Kurapica to be surprised by all these developments? Did he even bother to interview anyone of the queens associates before embarking the whale? Why shouldn't Shimano have provided him all of these information beforehand and help coordinate their actions better?

3 chapters, 4 weeks to go!

Now... this chapter lacked of anything but animal cruelty. What would happen next? All rooms are going to be watched and will Kurapika fuck somebody instead of talk no jutsu-it?

Yesterday, at my work, i had a jap client and just asked him if he knew One Piece, he told me that yes and that it was awesome, i told him that Usopp > all and he said that he enjoyed Luffy most than everybody, so he recommended me to pick Naruto to read, and said him that i read it and the best chapter of it is when he kissed Sasuke and went to the bathroom to shit, he answered that didn't recall it xD then he told to never pick Bleach because it was so-so and i only thought that he didn't understand Tite's pov, but not gonna start arguing with my client.... and then he asked me about hanta hanta, i told him that i loved Gon and stuff, and then he said me that it was his favorite, he loved hxh and didn't showed bothered about hiatus and repeated his love about hanta to me about 5 times...

I felt kinda discouraged about hating hiatus after that D:
    Nothing exists; even if something exists, nothing can be known about it. Even if something can be known about it,
    knowledge about it can't be communicated to others
    . Even if it can be communicated, it cannot be understood.

Quote Originally Posted by Shobu Yoruichi View Post
    3 chapters, 4 weeks to go!

Now... this chapter lacked of anything but animal cruelty. What would happen next? All rooms are going to be watched and will Kurapika fuck somebody instead of talk no jutsu-it?
    This is just a tasteless comment.

Yesterday, at my work, i had a jap client and just asked him if he knew One Piece, he told me that yes and that it was awesome, i told him that Usopp > all and he said that he enjoyed Luffy most than everybody, so he recommended me to pick Naruto to read, and said him that i read it and the best chapter of it is when he kissed Sasuke and went to the bathroom to shit, he answered that didn't recall it xD then he told to never pick Bleach because it was so-so and i only thought that he didn't understand Tite's pov, but not gonna start arguing with my client.... and then he asked me about hanta hanta, i told him that i loved Gon and stuff, and then he said me that it was his favorite, he loved hxh and didn't showed bothered about hiatus and repeated his love about hanta to me about 5 times...

I felt kinda discouraged about hating hiatus after that D:
    But this all comes off as incredibly racist and rude. "Jap" is a racist slur, and making fun of his accent comes off as even more racist. Consider this a warning. We have a no tolerance policy for slurs.
    Hidden:

Closed Thread

Thread Information