+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 52 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr. Stone

Default Re: Dr. Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Maes Hughes View Post
    So we're really going there this fast.
    I wonder if this signals quicker conclusion to the story. Maybe the author is trying to wrap things up.
    Life flows on. I'd just go with it if I were me.

naaaah, there are still plenty of places you can take the storyline

but yeah, unexpected twist, there

Gen's horrified face said it all.

Make sense if Why-Man is the original culprit. But, how did he find the island and why didn't he take out the science village? Lots of questions need answering.

NNID: jervinnectar

I'm hoping this means Tsukasa returns to the story rather soon.

Tsukasa returning means that they captured the why man (or their agent) or their technology, and going against them would lead to a speculative science war.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

I don't think it makes sense for the actual source of the petrification to be on the treasure island, so my money is on Senkuu's dad and co and their descendants on the island having worked on recreating the beam as a method of possibly reverse engineering it.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

I'm going to bet against that. They only had one old fisherman in that island for test. Maybe few birds. And just the creepy vibe the why man gives of, makes me think that this was no accident, or a savior from a solar flare or gamma radiation event.

These people intercepted the astronauts original signals and keep on their 5k (3k?) years mission of erradicating humanity, searching every island in the pacific, until around they Noah'd Soyuz.

They are incapable of doing the stoning again, as that would be the fastest way to end it.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

So, there is civilization in the island??? Is the why-man infiltrated, or was Wagomu right, and this is not the end boss but the island faction that managed to build a death beam with clams and coconuts?
    SW-4128-8032-0729

It could be a robot he left behind.

The series has to jump into sci fi at some point, is a promise with the beam, but in a chapter where the focus was completely on forensic science, and straight to robots?

When? Why? Who gives the robot manteniance and gets supplies for it? If the purpose is to keep the Soyuz secret, why not toss it into the ocean and leave the island be? If the purpose was to end humanity, how come people are still around? If the purpose was to protect humanity, then why some get turned to stone?

That last one seems the most... possible one. Using the beam as a purge mechanism. To keep the population viable (as the island is small and may be unable to sustain a large population, and <incest theory allert> Lab rats are related, but keep being a viable species because the damaging or recesive genes that would kill them in a heavy inbreed gene pool were artificially removed)
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Another good chapter. Nice seeing all four of Team Senku contributing to finding a survivor.

As for Stone theories, I think it's got to be at least two people doing it, maybe a group/cult whose descendants are continuing the mission. Unless they stoned the original who they release every hundred years or so to check in on things.

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    So, there is civilization in the island??? Is the why-man infiltrated, or was Wagomu right, and this is not the end boss but the island faction that managed to build a death beam with clams and coconuts?
    Why Man was The Professor from Gilligan's Island all along.

https://readms.net/r/dr_stone/105/5872/1

The head, huh?

Spoiler:

The Beam is Good.

That chapter cover. Just save everyone some time and block the petrifying beam with your butt.

Senku was great this chapter. I'm liking Amaryllis. She's cunning. Glad she's more than a pretty… face. So, Why Man isn't above keeping humans around to worship him. Interesting.

I can't imagine that this is the mastermind behind the original petrification. It has to be either a descendant or someone who stumbled upon the technology.
    "Danger is my middle name."

That panel of Senku was so great. This is my favorite series right now; I feel like I should do a re-read.

The art. The art. The art. It's so good! Amaryllis fits right into the group dynamic. So, as long as people don't leave the island or invent they live. Pretty much confirming whoever first stoned the planet thought Earth had too many humans and technology was ruining the environment.

Someone mentioned Why Man's descendants. Makes sense. The original probably was part of a group. A group with technology. Science VS Science incoming.

After not caring so much about her for some time. Kohaku was pure gold in this chapter.
    Oh hey, I do videos on figures and manga and stuff: https://www.youtube.com/thatmanhismerch

I love it when series makes use of its cast. Dr. Stone isn't afraid to give each important character the spotlight. Surprised Ginro's not stoned. I thought Suika would save the day. Oh well, hope they get the lab soon so Senku can reinvent lip gloss and eyeliner. Maybe even perfume.

Discovered Stowaway El-Matematico's Avatar

I thought the prisoners were the ones spared because they were at the bottom of the ship. But Ginro went further and just jumped into the sea.
    I hate quacks.

Well, Ginro needs help. I can see him freeing them. They have to help. They can't pilot the ship even if they defeat the baddies.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information