+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Volume 85 Predictions/Discussion

Default Volume 85 Predictions/Discussion

According to Shonen Jump Website Volume 85 is set to be released on 2nd May 2017.
    http://www.shonenjump.com/j/comics/

Last edited by prathhamm; February 22nd, 2017 at 06:21 AM.

Default Re: Volume 85 Predictions/Discussion

Thanks for the info, prathlamm!
    ****THE NICO ROBIN: ROKUSHIKI PROJECT****
    Go here for the project and here for the thread! (UPDATE 10/5/19)
    ****THE HUAQUANDAO STYLE PROJECT***
    Go here or here (UPDATE 05/10/14)

King of Little Sisters ~ Chrior's Avatar

This volume has been all about Sanji reaching his lowest point, with Pudding's betrayal and the wedding plot(s) revealed, and then finally meeting Luffy and resolving to crash the wedding. Besides this, the Straw Hats have cleared their hurdles and reunited and, if not for Sanji's intentions right now, they could be on their way out of Totto Land with 3 poneglyphs in tow and nobody noticing... So, the story suggests a "hungry Luffy being fed by Sanji" cover, but two covers with Luffy and Sanji being so prominent in a row would be weird...

I expect Count Niwatori.

I'd say the volume is more about the Strawhats turning things around. So I'm guessing it'll have something to do with Luffy (and Nami?) breaking out of the book prison.
    Last edited by MrBits; February 22nd, 2017 at 08:32 PM.

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

This'll probably be an action cover with Luffy and Nami breaking out of prison, and maybe of Pedro vs. Tamago. Background characters might be Jinbe and Pudding. Color...maybe lime green? I'm craving a red cover but that'll probably be saved for the next volume if you know what I mean

Spoiler:

Pudding-swan's smile hits the cover showing her third-eye along with Nitro and Rabiyan laughing like madness just entered the room. Above the cover. In plain color
    Luffy & Nami inside the prison book looking worried after Pudding's comment with Mont D'or's face *surrounded by flames* laughing at their side. Middle-side of the cover, normal color.
    Sanji making the bento at the lowest part of the cover, normal color (weak color).

Other option is a scope on the Luffy Vs Cracker, the Full Stomach mode middle-centered with Cracker at right and the Enraged Army's principals at the left, Pudding above in plain color and Baum down at the cover. Least happening, Cracker's face got an image on vol. 83.
    Nothing exists; even if something exists, nothing can be known about it. Even if something can be known about it,
    knowledge about it can't be communicated to others
    . Even if it can be communicated, it cannot be understood.

I think this could be the villain cover arc or maybe it will be the next one?

Maybe it could be sanji and luffy with reiju and pudding?

I think Brook deserves a prominent spot on the cover.

King of Little Sisters ~ Chrior's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by badwolf1234 View Post
    I think this could be the villain cover arc or maybe it will be the next one?

Maybe it could be sanji and luffy with reiju and pudding?
    I don't think this arc is going to have something like that. We don't really have a clear and focused villain group. It's more like a big huge mess with multiple factions, all kind of enemies of one another: Straw Hats, Big Mom's crew, Firetanks, Germa 66, Sun Pirates... Who knows who else is going to show up backing the Firetanks conspiracy? So far we've had only 3 villain group covers and they were for focused, rather small and emblematic villain groups: Baroque Works, CP9, Donquixote Pirates. I suppose we'll see the next one at Wano (I expect 1-on-1s for most of the crew there and at Raftel, basically).

I'd like to see the faces of the present members of the crew plus Jinbe, Pedro, Carrot, Reiju, Pudding, and Big Mom in the background, with sinister Pudding and Big Mom at the top. Then have Sanji small and alone in the foreground. Working title is "A Ray of Light."

If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

I don't think they'd give away the evil Pudding twist right on the volume cover. Then again, they named a volume "The Death of Portgas D. Ace," so who knows.

This will probably have Pudding on the cover but I hope it doesn't spoil anything.

An idea I thought of is just Pudding smiling sweetly in the center while we see images of the straw hats fighting/struggling around her, kind of like the volume 23 cover with Vivi.

Can we have Pudding on the cover without her 3rd eye but on the inside flap her 3rd eye is revealed. That could be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Shobu Yoruichi View Post
    Pudding-swan's smile hits the cover showing her third-eye along with Nitro and Rabiyan laughing like madness just entered the room. Above the cover. In plain color
    Luffy & Nami inside the prison book looking worried after Pudding's comment with Mont D'or's face *surrounded by flames* laughing at their side. Middle-side of the cover, normal color.
    Sanji making the bento at the lowest part of the cover, normal color (weak color).

Other option is a scope on the Luffy Vs Cracker, the Full Stomach mode middle-centered with Cracker at right and the Enraged Army's principals at the left, Pudding above in plain color and Baum down at the cover. Least happening, Cracker's face got an image on vol. 83.
    Only problem with this is how does oda cater to volume readers, has he ever majorly spoiled an event of this magnitude, on the cover of a volume before? Pudding isnt evil until 850, the 2nd chapter in the volume
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

Pudding most likely won't appear on the cover till she in a wedding dress.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwok View Post
    I'd like to see the faces of the present members of the crew plus Jinbe, Pedro, Carrot, Reiju, Pudding, and Big Mom in the background, with sinister Pudding and Big Mom at the top. Then have Sanji small and alone in the foreground. Working title is "A Ray of Light."

You have big mom twice, who did you leave out the first time?
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Long John Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    Only problem with this is how does oda cater to volume readers, has he ever majorly spoiled an event of this magnitude, on the cover of a volume before? Pudding isnt evil until 850, the 2nd chapter in the volume
    Bu-u-ut, i want Pudding-swan like right now D:

I'd remember seeing Pudding's good side on the background of the vol where the crew arrives Totland, right? It is more possible that i'm wrong, but still want it.
    Nothing exists; even if something exists, nothing can be known about it. Even if something can be known about it,
    knowledge about it can't be communicated to others
    . Even if it can be communicated, it cannot be understood.

Quote Originally Posted by Long John Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    You have big mom twice, who did you leave out the first time?
    No one. I was just specifying exactly where Pudding and Big Mom would be since the order of the others doesn't matter as much.

If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Chapter 857 is okay-ish to end the volume on since it concludes Sanji's reunion with the crew (besides meeting them face-to-face). But I would prefer to have Luffy's imminent meeting with Bege to be included as well. Especially since it would be pretty fitting to have the volume begin with the reveal of the Vinsmokes betrayal plan to have it end with a deal concerning a Big Mom betrayal plan. I just hope that the wedding day finally starts by Chapter 860 at most after all of this time we've spent hyping up how the event is in "just a few hours".

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information