+ Reply to Thread
Page 949 of 965 FirstFirst ... 449 849 899 939 947 948 949 950 951 959 ... LastLast
Results 18,961 to 18,980 of 19282

Thread: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

Hey guys we now know what the Space Force uniforms will look like

https://twitter.com/i/events/1218546002900049920
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

I feel like they just picked a standard army uniform and placed some cool stamps on it.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    I feel like they just picked a standard army uniform and placed some cool stamps on it.
    What gave it away?
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting

Because there are so many bushes to hide in in space.

To be fair it's not like they'll be fighting in space. They will be looking at computers behind bushes and trees because everyone sets up their communications hubs outside.

Reusing old assets and changing the label is really the sign that it's a Trump product.

Also, I'm seeing news reports that Trump is tweeting that a wall to protect New York from tidal waves is a bad idea. What mind blowing irony.

I'm not against re-using old assets as long as they're usable, but would it have been so hard to dye them black?

I would have preferred if they just paid Disney to let them use StormTrooper outfits

I know it is not strictly about American politics, but I somehow feel there is a strong anti-intellectual sentiment taking over the world. Perhaps uneven growth of different social strata and increasing financial disparity are making a large section of middle class and lower simply hating any rationality.

I live in the 'largest democracy' of the world; in India. The kind of people running this nation now easily surpass Donald Trump and co. regarding bigotry, hatred, misogyny and what not. And many of the people who are still keen to keep these filth in power are quite educated middle-class who can't or simply refuse to see how the economy, education and infrastructure are degrading everywhere throughout the nation, despite they themselves being the product of the very progress which is being threatened.Even those migrants living in USA with blue collar jobs are dissing the civil right movements started here, a movement in which allowing controlled migration irrespective of religion is the focal point! And the greatest hope of this nation is perhaps those marginalised uneducated people who live by the day only thinking about their own families and don't have the time to indulge in Islamophobia.
    Though USA is far ahead of India in every aspect, the basic human nature of majority of middle class people seem so alike in present time...particularly if Trump is re-elected again.
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

Quote Originally Posted by onemoment View Post
    Reusing old assets and changing the label is really the sign that it's a Trump product.

Also, I'm seeing news reports that Trump is tweeting that a wall to protect New York from tidal waves is a bad idea. What mind blowing irony.
    Especially so considering how much he goes to Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by auem View Post
    I know it is not strictly about American politics, but I somehow feel there is a strong anti-intellectual sentiment taking over the world. Perhaps uneven growth of different social strata and increasing financial disparity are making a large section of middle class and lower simply hating any rationality.
    I agree with you, I don't know if's a matter of more people always wanting to be right and closing their minds to any further considerations, if is a ploy by big media and the billionaires club to help keeping their status quo, or if the middle class simply stopped giving fucks let go off their mask and accept anything under the condition they still be better treated than the poor.

Power of a hippo! Kaba Kaba Fruit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Rin
    Like, still vote. Everyone still vote. I 100% want to be very very wrong here but... yeah, I don't see the dems winning at all.
    I'll be voting but I've already concluded that the vote will only be there to fulfill an arbitrary sense of duty. It's not going to resolve the deeper issues facing this country.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monquito
    Uuh yea, but Bush did the 2nd by popular vote, would Trump really pull that off??

Besides, pretty much still a rare thing to win by electoral college. Trump cant beat statistics.
    It would be considered political suicide by the Electoral College to go against majority vote, especially when cynicism of the College itself only continues to grow year after year. So, unless you have a collective majority in the country wanting Trump out, I don't see Trump leaving office, stats or no stats. It really all falls down to in the end whether his seduced base have opened their eyes and are willing to jump ship. I see no evidence of that.
    Last edited by Kaba Kaba Fruit; January 20th, 2020 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaba Kaba Fruit View Post
    I'll be voting but I've already concluded that the vote will only be there to fulfill an arbitrary sense of duty. It's not going to resolve the deeper issues facing this country.
    What about your State and local elections?
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

Robert de Niro brings politics to the SAG awards:
    https://www.comicsands.com/robert-de...NIGrPnjQb_dvnI

I know you can argue that an old white guy actor doesn't have any right to call out another old white guy, but I will happily take anybody with popularity and presence calling out the Angry Orange on television.

To be honest, I don't personally believe that you need a right to call something out.
    Just call it out!

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

Power of a hippo! Kaba Kaba Fruit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Md-Martin
    What about your State and local elections?
    Ditto. I don't expect anything different either.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    I know you can argue that an old white guy actor doesn't have any right to call out another old white guy ...
    And what kind of backwards nonsense gave birth to this logic?

Quote Originally Posted by baby-boo View Post
    Have you applied to the appropriate rights provider for this outburst of opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by baby-boo View Post
    There are people out there who bitch that rich guys profit from the current system so making statements like this make them hypocrites.

Amazing how Democrats still fall for Mitch the Bitch’s very obvious bullshit in the year of our lord 2020.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information