+ Reply to Thread
Page 401 of 971 FirstFirst ... 301 351 391 399 400 401 402 403 411 451 501 901 ... LastLast
Results 8,001 to 8,020 of 19414

Thread: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

Default Re: American Politics thread: Shame of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    But remember, Ben Shapiro is a totally "respectable" conservative because he quit Breitbart.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DG0v0n0XUAAe0yk?format=jpg
    'Denouncing (or even just disagreeing with) Trump' and 'too good for Breitbart' are awfully low standards we've set for conservatives.

So... if he's Linda Tripp, then Moochie is Monica and that mea... No. No. Noooope. Don't want to go down that path.
    Complicating things since 2009.

Mooch is guesting on Colbert next monday.

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ekila View Post
    And what if we get a World War III, but this time it is America/Russia vs. North Korea vs. Europe and other places in the World? It seems kinda out there, but with the way things are going, anything might be possible. With Trump being "buddy-buddy" with Putin for example it can make them a team. So, in this worst-case scenario, the enemies would be the United States/Russia and North Korea. What is everyone's thoughts about my two theories that I mentioned?
    I don't know of any country that would put their hands in fire for NK(well probably Cuba), so it's hard to me to picture a scenario where it actually triggers WWIII, is more likely gonna be a "Let's all bully NK team", even Russia and China included, of course this "team-up" doesn't mean they will become allies, they're just gonna try to force their own agendas in the area.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by genocyber View Post
    If the koreans or anyone else ever did attack America he would still find some way to blame Obama and Hillary for it.
    Well Churchill once said that An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile hoping it will eat him last.

it's really a lot of other previous governments faults that constantly tried the pacific way with a monster, now that Kim Jong-Un have met a similar douche... welp, RIP North Korea.

__________________________________________________ ______________________________________________

Totally unrelated but, Younger Sadam Hussein looks a lot like current dictato.... eerr. I mean, president of Venezuela
    Spoiler:
    Last edited by Monquito; August 9th, 2017 at 11:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    I don't know of any country that would put their hands in fire for NK(well probably Cuba),
    Fidel Castro was mocking Mao even in the height of the Cold War in the 60's, Cuba have never been hardcore enough communists to buddy buddy with 2nd Craziest communist regime of all time North Korea. Also it would provide them no benefit whatsoever to begin with.

Well Churchill once said that An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile hoping it will eat him last.
    North Korea has never been a crocodile except toward the South, and they can barely even be that now outside of nukes.
    Speaking of them in the same context as the Nazis (what Churchill is talking about) is ridiculous.

They are now, and have been for a long time, a small insane person whose method of madness is essentially blowing themselves up and taking many people with them. Not a voracious annexing conquerer.

(The crocodile of the modern day is someone Trump is more than happy to not only feed, but invite home to dinner to help us monitor our elections that they meddled in.)

it's really a lot of other previous governments faults that constantly tried the pacific way with a monster,
    North Korea has been regarded as near hopeless basket case, one to contain. Because outright confrontation is too dangerous and unpredictable.
    Do you feel safer by playing one upmanship with them? Really?

now that Kim Jong-Un have met a similar douche... welp, RIP North Korea.
    And RIP very possibly some major population center in South Korea or Japan if anyone actually decides to go stomp on that wasp hive.

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    Fidel Castro was mocking Mao even in the height of the Cold War in the 60's, Cuba have never been hardcore enough communists to buddy buddy with 2nd Craziest communist regime of all time North Korea. Also it would provide them no benefit whatsoever to begin with.
    I just assumed they had a secretive relationship, since that one time Cuba got caught smuggling old, soviet weapons on a Cargo Ship to NK.

Quote Originally Posted by Md-Martin View Post
    Well I'm gonna try and hide out until Musk gets us to Mars.
    It's moments like this I wish I had a crazy, survivalist uncle who live in the woods somewhere and live of canned food..

Quote Originally Posted by valiantt View Post
    Not sure why they'd want to nuke Seoul. That would be the equivalent of them taking a shotgun and blowing up their own foot. Though Tokyo on the other hand...
    The North Koreans have enough non-nuclear missiles pointed at Seoul to turn it into Harrenhal in an hour. Which has been one of the main reasons why American presidents has just hand waved the various supreme leaders' divine temper tantrums. A lot of American officials who were grilled about the Iraq war cited this as the main reason for not invading NK as well.

Which is why it's so scary that the U.S too has a madman for a leader who responds to North Korea's hissyfits.

I don't understand how the Koreans could hit jack since the US has anti-ballistic missiles.

They only work 50% of the time or something though. So yeah I'll probably end up dead if I'm in DC and nuclear war breaks out.

Jesus Christ my city is in that map.

I mean, it makes sense and that map is probably intentional posturing too. But still.

If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

So about that DNC hack

There was no hack of the Democratic National Committee’s system on July 5 last year—not by the Russians, not by anyone else. Hard science now demonstrates it was a leak—a download executed locally with a memory key or a similarly portable data-storage device. In short, it was an inside job by someone with access to the DNC’s system. This casts serious doubt on the initial “hack,” as alleged, that led to the very consequential publication of a large store of documents on WikiLeaks last summer.
    Uh this is bad right

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pachylad View Post
    So about that DNC hack

Uh this is bad right
    That depends. I don't know the Nation, so I'm not sure where its bias falls. That needs to be factored in to any reading if the news. Has anyone else been reporting in this?

Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

Reading the first couple paragraphs I get the sense that the Nation is definitely a right wing publication. Is there a more reputable source for this?

Quote Originally Posted by sgamer82 View Post
    That depends. I don't know the Nation, so I'm not sure where its bias falls.
    Wikipedia claims "liberal/progressive" and judging by the accounts that are RT-ing/referencing this on my Twitter feed, leftier than your usual NYT/WaPo
    Last edited by Pachylad; August 10th, 2017 at 08:06 AM. Reason: of course there's also stuff like RT and *gestures horseshoe theory*

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwok View Post
    Reading the first couple paragraphs I get the sense that the Nation is definitely a right wing publication. Is there a more reputable source for this?
    A Google of "DNC hack" over the past week is showing the Nation as the only outlet reporting this, specifically. Skimming the article, it also seems to be implying that if the DNC wasn't hacked by Russians then all the Russian collusion stuff is, by extension, invalid

Quote Originally Posted by Pachylad View Post
    Wikipedia claims "liberal/progressive" and judging by the accounts that are RT-ing/referencing this on my Twitter feed, leftier than your usual NYT/WaPo
    Are we talking "Messianic Left", like the Bernie or Busters well despise the Establishment?

Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

Oh wait, it's pseudo-intellectual Russian-sympathizing Bernie Bros. Great.

Given how poorly sourced the article is I'd disregard it for now.

King of the Monsters Lucky Dragon's Avatar

Secretary of Defense James Mattis issued a similar warning to North Korea that Trump did.

But Rex Tillerson would like everyone to know there's “no imminent threat of war” and Americans can “sleep well at night”. I am reassured.

Finally i'd like to share an article where six top European government officials disclose the kind of reputation Fearless Leader has earned.

“I thought of Godzilla as the embodiment of violence and hatred for mankind, because he was created by atomic energy. He's like a symbol of humanity's complicity in their own destruction. He doesn't have an emotion. He is an emotion.” — Jun Fukuda

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Monkey D. View Post
    Turtle and Cheeto are fighting again.

Sweet Home Chicago Cyan D. Funk's Avatar

The Nation is "dumbass left", yes.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information