+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13

Thread: What Anime Are You Watching?

Default Re: What Anime Are You Watching?

Almost finished with Futari Wa Precure. It was pretty cool closer to the beginning of the series and I'm still somewhat enjoying it but it's a lot more repetitive than even Doremi, which I'd watched a little before it. I didn't mind the repetition in how the episodes went for a little bit but the last 15-20 episodes or so it started to wear on me. That and the mascot characters are annoying as hell.

To break up the monotony of that show I watched Liz and the Blue Bird today. And man, that movie just has a depressive, and oppressive, feel to it. A lot of the reviews I read for it criticized it for being too slow and I can see that but I never really lost interest in it while watching. The art's good too but I kind of prefer Hibike's art in the anime to what they went with for the movie. The soundtrack was really really good too. The scene where some of the characters were talking about college while Mizore is playing the piano was one of my favorites. I also enjoyed the way they sometimes cut to showing the fairy tale that the piece they're practicing is based on. Interested in watching the Hibike sequel movie when that's available to watch outside of theatres.

I'm currently watching Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Phantom Blood. I've been liking it and it's first opening it's one of my favorites.

"Those questions better be worth it, or else your descendants will regret it"

I don't know if I'm doing this right, since I don't plan to finish the show, but there's "How Heavy are the Dumbbells you lift." Saw the first episode, then suddenly I saw someone upload a dub on youtube. This thing premiered in July, so how the heck did a workout-themed anime get a dub this quick? What puts this at the top of the list?

going through UC gundam, way better than i expected

Are you on 0079 or have you gotten further in? Also are you watching the movies or the series? Because as much as I see people recommend the 0079 movies (because of nebulous claims of "filler") I think they're pretty bad. ZZ also isn't as bad as you always see people say.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakonosolo View Post
    Are you on 0079 or have you gotten further in? Also are you watching the movies or the series? Because as much as I see people recommend the 0079 movies (because of nebulous claims of "filler") I think they're pretty bad. ZZ also isn't as bad as you always see people say.
    i watched the 0079 series and 0080 and i'm halfway through Zeta, and opinions on ZZ from people with similar tastes to mine were pretty positive so i'm looking forward to it.
    Last edited by Lord Gaimon; August 27th, 2019 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    I noticed that we didn't really have a place here to discuss non-current series, and us goats are notoriously prone to providing a location to talk about general anime and manga, so here we are.

Edit: Looks like we have a manga thread, so this one will be for anime.

---------------

I've been doing a rewatch of Paranoia Agent after introducing a friend to it. It's the first time I've really given it a serious watch, since I was too young to really get it when it first aired on Adult Swim. I always enjoyed being an unsettling show, but the overarching narrative is also really interesting. Plus, it still has one of the best intros of all time:

The opening song on this one is a bit weird sounding but I really dig it. I watched this one but I think it's too short of a series.
    “When do you think people die? When they are shot through the heart by the bullet of a pistol? No. When they are ravaged by an incurable disease? No... It’s when they're forgotten!” - Hiluluk Doctor

Right now i am watching Gintama. But i am hoping to rewatch Tokyo ghoul and one piece too.

Currently watching the 4th season of Boku no Hero Academia and Shin Chuuka Ichiban.
    I used to watch the later in my childhood and was a bit upset with the way it ended. Can't be more grateful that it's getting a proper continuation!

I'm watching Mob Psycho 100 Season 2 and also Dr. Stone.

Does anyone know if Bungo Stray dogs is worth watching? and where to watch it?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information