+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 41 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 824: Little Pirate Games

Default Re: Chapter 824: Little Pirate Games

The division of arcs and sagas has never been important to me, however I do not see it weird that an arc opens or closes in the middle of an island. We've seen the story overlap different islands either way.

I asked this before, sorry for bringing it up again, but could someone tell me what does it say on Kaido's gourd? There are two characters. Thanks!

Tamiel -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowgreed View Post
    Luffy and Big Mama will set up their differences with an eating competition in which Fishman Island will be at stake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That would be an endless battle - with the only way breaking this cycle being... to eat your opponent?

Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post
    The division of arcs and sagas has never been important to me, however I do not see it weird that an arc opens or closes in the middle of an island. We've seen the story overlap different islands either way.

I asked this before, sorry for bringing it up again, but could someone tell me what does it say on Kaido's gourd? There are two characters. Thanks!

Tamiel -
    I only saw one character, it says 天,which means sky.

↑Biological Weaopn of Doom and Destruction

Quote Originally Posted by le crystal View Post
    Thanks!, I went back on the chapter and indeed only saw one character multiple times. For a second I thought one was at the top and the other at the bottom.

Tamiel -

I for one, am expecting Luffy to settle his deal with Big Mom by telling her if she lets him go, he'll take down Kaidou.

Luffy will win by hurting her with psycologically.

Quote Originally Posted by le crystal View Post
    I think it also means emperor

Gee, I've checked some japanese cooking video and they really say "purin" for "pudding". I hoped it was just a writing thing.
    I have a really hard time calling this beauty "purin" because of what it means in french.

Quote Originally Posted by RamistaR View Post
    Gee, I've checked some japanese cooking video and they really say "purin" for "pudding". I hoped it was just a writing thing.
    I have a really hard time calling this beauty "purin" because of what it means in french.
    So she's THAT kind of a logia, eh?

oh no you didn't !

Maybe when she gets overlly excited she "purin" herself?

Tamiel -

oh no you didn't !
    Maybe this will help

Hidden:

Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post
    Maybe when she gets overlly excited she "purin" herself?

Tamiel -
    More like pudding herself lol.

I knew it! I knew she was going to be beautiful! Cuz it would've been anticlimactic if Sanji was being forced to marry someone ugly. Much more interesting if she's beautiful, because that makes it more difficult for him. Also yooo that twist with Captain Kidd laying in a pool of his own blood tho...craaazy! Guess I don't blame Apoo for siding with Kaido if he did THAT to Kidd. Not like the two of them were known for gettin a long. I just wonder if Hawkins got away or if something else became of him. Anticlimactic though since I wanted to SEE the 3 of them fight Kaido so badly but I guess them losing is to be expected from the sleepover alliance... just didn't expect it to all happen in this way! All that aside, a funny chapter and I mostly enjoyed it! Good stuff!

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Densuke View Post
    He's clearly a fishman, no?
    No...just a human as far as I can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Sereques View Post
    Underestimate the crew................check
    Indeed. Was hoping for once we'd have a foe that didn't underestimate the strawhats. Buuuut....Kaido IS a Yonko so I guess it makes sense why he would...still annoying tho

Quote Originally Posted by Happycrab91 View Post
    I love the name of this chapter and why it's named that, with what Kaido says. Sure villains always underestimate the heroes and then get defeated, but if Kaido was to just appear in front of Luffy right now Luffy wouldn't stand a chance. He has to be on a whole new level.
    lol Luffy is such a freaking idiot but they can always fish. Good that Oda brought up Dragon looking nothing like Luffy. I think eventually we will have to see his mother in a flashback and see he looks like her.
    Yeah is what Brook says about Dragon's presence just Mangastream translating things badly or has Brook really met Dragon?
    Yay Sanji!
    That bugs me though because Luffy DEFINTELY looks like Garp.

As for if Pudding aka Purrin is the 3 eyed girl like everyone is saying- she looks a lot like her but I'm still not 100% sure since the hair looks like it could be hiding it but only partially yet we see no third eye at all..as if Oda forgot to show part of it under the eye so that makes me question that...

For a moment I was like "HOW LONG CAN HE OLD HIS BREATH!!!"
    ahaha! How badass would that have been ? But yeah he is certainly half fishman. Only reason why Oda hid is jaw until now.

The first carnivorous mammoth. His hybrid form is going to be awesome.
    I still think he's just holding his breath inhumanly long...Oda can pull things like that since this IS One Piece.

Couldn't get the manga to load to re-read it until now..I see it now. So Jack IS a fishman. My bad.
    My Discord Roleplay! It takes place in modern-day Japan and features Japanese mythological creatures that players can play as and vampires and werewolves. Yakuza expansion is out too!
    https://discord.gg/sMsVfNX

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy 9000 View Post
    Thanks man. Appreciate that.
    K-F|Jango

Quote Originally Posted by Sephi View Post
    No...just a human as far as I can tell.

Couldn't get the manga to load to re-read it until now..I see it now. So Jack IS a fishman. My bad.
    Apologies. Yet another of my replies that looking back now seems rude. Gotta stop doing that, lol.

Then again with the underestimating if they didn't the strawhats might lose more often

Quote Originally Posted by Sephi View Post
    Indeed. Was hoping for once we'd have a foe that didn't underestimate the strawhats. Buuuut....Kaido IS a Yonko so I guess it makes sense why he would...still annoying tho
    I think after he fodderize Kid, a pirate of same generation, he probably thought SHs are nothing as well. Although, beating up Mingo should have made him clue up but he choose to classify Mingo as weak. The frail looking nature of the SHs crew doesn't help either.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotch\No3/ View Post
    Then again with the underestimating if they didn't the strawhats might lose more often
    I disagree. The SHs are driven by a "purpose", they also know when an opponent is beyond them.
    IF YOU DIE, I'LL KILL YOU....

To be fair the Shichibukais don't interact that much with each other. And they certainly don't have any sort of respect or knowledge regarding each other's strengths. Hence Moria and Doffy underestimating the crew even after Croc's defeat.

On the other hand the Yonkos fought for years. If one Yonko fall because of the strawhats, it would be ridiculous for the other 3 to underestimate Luffy.

I hoped for an explanation why Robin never said anything about Sabo... But Luffy seems to give no fucks after all what his crew has done during the 2 years

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information