+ Reply to Thread
Page 312 of 332 FirstFirst ... 212 262 302 310 311 312 313 314 322 ... LastLast
Results 6,221 to 6,240 of 6634

Thread: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

I exist...I guess....

Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

This should be really fun! Always Happy to see them push the dub. Interesting its eps 634 and 635, as apposed to the first 2. Wonder if that's just cuz its where the action starts or if maybe they wanted to pick out eps mike directed since he's the one thats gonna be there. Also kinda cool that this is only a day before the galaxy con qna so well have ones 2 days in a row.
    The real arlong park was the friends we made along the way

WOW its crazy how at the start of the year, we was all wondering if the dub had just vanished and was quietly cancelled. FUNimation and Toei are giving the dub a hard push and im glad that i do my part as a dub fan.

Quote Originally Posted by midod View Post
    whoops. Yeah, definitely not a live commentary like the flyer implied. Should be fun, though!

Iím really praying they keep up the monthly pace. Finishing DR in less than a year would be a dream.
    Has your country trapped you in a literal birdcage? Go back in time with the ikot-ikot fruit and vote Birdie Sanders for President today!

For now I'm just assuming they temporarily increased the pace to get to dressrosa since its so anticipated. Who knows though, will become more clear when we find out voyage 2s release date.

--- Update From New Post Merge -

In other news toei added the first 5 seasons to the Microsoft store. Kinda out of out of left field. Doubt anyone will choose to watch this way but cool I guess? https://twitter.com/ToeiAnimation/st...845956097?s=19
    Last edited by Blake Bakes Cakes; November 20th, 2020 at 12:16 PM.

Only thing weird about that is that they only did it to the first five. I guess they're struggling to figure out how to publish seasons in parts?
    Has your country trapped you in a literal birdcage? Go back in time with the ikot-ikot fruit and vote Birdie Sanders for President today!

huh, all of them are only available in SD

65 dubbed episodes being released in the space of 6 months is really something!

Maybe the topic titles shouldn't be 'Funimation DVD Discussion' anymore now that new episodes drop digitally first. How about 'Funimation Dub Discussion'?

Lots of preformances I'm excited to hear in this set. Not sure how much totally new we'll have, because I think a lot characters will appear but not speak yet, but so many characters got so few lines in episode of sabo and I just want to here more of them. Cant wait for us to finally get Bartolomeo, Tyson Rinehart is ridiculously hilarious and will certainely steal the show. Issho will finally get to speak for more then 2 seconds, I like Charles Campbells voice a lot and eager to see what he does with him. Though perhaps who I'm most anticipating hearing again is Bellamy. It's been 13 years since he was last in the dub. Literally showed up at the very start of it and just appearing again now. He really rocked him before, curious to see what 13 years of aging and acting experience will make the performance sound. I imagine he'll be very concious of not sounding too much like kid since they appear so close together, in fact its possible he mightve recorded both in the same session.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by dropper View Post
    65 dubbed episodes being released in the space of 6 months is really something!

Maybe the topic titles shouldn't be 'Funimation DVD Discussion' anymore now that new episodes drop digitally first. How about 'Funimation Dub Discussion'?
    Yeah we've been fed pretty well this year, it was very tedious and slow at first due to frustration from the hiatus and pandemic delays but were really moving along now. I do agree with the dvd discussion thing, but I think it might just be easier for consistency at this point.

Eight episodes a month is my personal goal. Any more and I’m just being spoiled.

Will be good to hear more of everyone. Very excited.

My wife and I just finished Voyage 3 and man, there’s just something about seeing it all in your native language that helps everything really land. I couldn’t remember the Monet fight being all that (and I just reread it a few months ago), but man, that was incredible seeing Zoro scare Monet in half.

I rather keep it as the dvd thread. Since it always been like it for 14 years, and it shouldn't be change.

Hope we finally get some more of the cast soon. In the past they've announced the cast of the previous one a week or so before release, but didn't do so for voyage 3 before voyage 4 came out.

I exist...I guess....

Not really; that was only for the cast of voyage 2 . The cast for voyage 1 was announced almost 3 weeks before the digital release of voyage two. It doesn’t seem like they have any set schedule for how they handle casting announcements.

Quote Originally Posted by midod View Post
    Not really; that was only for the cast of voyage 2 . The cast for voyage 1 was announced almost 3 weeks before the digital release of voyage two. It doesn’t seem like they have any set schedule for how they handle casting announcements.
    Well I'd say its closer to 2 weeks but Ill admit I misremembered. Regardless though its long overdue, since they refuse to simply credit their actors in the first place.

I exist...I guess....

Quote Originally Posted by Blake Bakes Cakes View Post
    Well I'd say its closer to 2 weeks but Ill admit I misremembered. Regardless though its long overdue, since they refuse to simply credit their actors in the first place.
    Nope. They first started announcing the cast for voyage one on July 22. Voyage 2 came to digital August 11. That's 20 days before, so roughly three weeks

16 chars of okay

Won’t be much cast to announce during DR, considering how we already know most of them.

They consider everyone who hasn't appeared in the anime yet to be new. Caesar and Kin'emon were announced for example. So on the contrary.

I exist...I guess....

Even excluding the Episode of Sabo cast, Dressrosa is a pretty massive arc with a large amount of characters (even if they aren't all super relevant). They'll have plenty to announce.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information