+ Reply to Thread
Page 178 of 185 FirstFirst ... 78 128 168 176 177 178 179 180 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,560 of 3697

Thread: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Starving Artist Elektrik Dynomite's Avatar

Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    HxH finishes at June’s end. I wonder what’ll replace it. Hopefully OP or OPM.
    I'm hoping for Demon Slayer Kimetsu no Yaiba, but we'll probably get the terrible OPM S2 instead. Or both since Promised Neverland is ending soon too

HxH finishes at June’s end. I wonder what’ll replace it. Hopefully OP or OPM.

We know Jojo is being replaced by Lupin III Part V, Gundam the Origin is replacing the Promised Neverland, so we currently have no idea as to what is replacing Hunter x Hunter, which airs its last episode on 22nd June.
    There were two shows that trailers were produced for, but not shown at Momocon the other week. I believe they will be One Punch Man S2 and Kimetsu no Yaiba. Maybe Attack on Titan will be replaced by One Piece?.
    Sword Art Online is due to finish 13th July, which I believe will be replaced by Jojo Golden Wind, and Viz will announce it at Anime Expo.
    Attack on Titan looks like finishing 10th August.
    Last edited by Luffy_80; June 5th, 2019 at 07:23 AM.

ANN deleted the article. Guess it was fake. Bummer.

ANN deleted the article. Guess it was fake. Bummer.
    ANN spreading Fake News! HOLY COW! That's a first.
    I'm NOT a doggy. I am a creature from another world.

I love you Nitwit.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Krupp View Post
    I love you Nitwit.
    Thanks Captain Krupp! I try to keep our spirits up even when things look grim. One Piece will live on even if things get sidetracked!
    I'm NOT a doggy. I am a creature from another world.

While they should have verified the source of the article first, that shouldn't dismiss the rest of the work ANN has done over the years. While I like to remain positive towards the dub of One Piece continuing, trying to air it on TV, Adult Swim in particular, seems like a doomed effort. In Adult Swim's case it's due to their policy of removing an anime after its initial run and only airing it on Saturday night/Sunday morning, with no reruns during the weekdays. This makes it difficult for some viewers to get invested in an anime that is over 100 episodes long, and if they end up missing an episode due to a multitude of factors they could essentially lose interest in it. This is more Adult Swim's fault than Funimation's (and other companies that let Adult Swim air their titles), at one point being a block that was willing air anime on all days of the week to reducing it to a specific block on Saturday (and not even running reruns of those titles on same day like they do with their own content).

Wait...I SEE NOW! I could be wrong and Toei the opposite of what I said! They could be forcing Adult Swim to air One Piece. Because Super IS their highest rated show after all.

And they are going to need Super. The ratings would tank without it.

EDIT:For those not in the know Im talking about Dragon Ball Super.

Weekday airings are the whole reason DBZ took off in the US. Toei should be offering TV rights for dirt cheap in exchange for a weekday slot, it would be an extremely worthwhile investment for One Piece's popularity. You can't treat it as a cash cow in a country where no one's watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakidna_ View Post
    Weekday airings are the whole reason DBZ took off in the US. Toei should be offering TV rights for dirt cheap in exchange for a weekday slot, it would be an extremely worthwhile investment for One Piece's popularity. You can't treat it as a cash cow in a country where no one's watching.
    How many kids still watch TV, though?
    Youtube and Netflix are king now.

Quote Originally Posted by Moriah View Post
    In Adult Swim's case it's due to their policy of removing an anime after its initial run and only airing it on Saturday night/Sunday morning, with no reruns during the weekdays.
    Didn't they rerun all of One Punch Man, twice, after its initial run? I don't think it's policy to remove a show, it's just usually in better interest to always be airing something new.

I don't know that rerunning One Piece would be beneficial, but maybe if it got a Mon-Fri slot for reruns it could work. but even then. I'm not sure how well it'd work for a show with a format like One Piece (long running, heavy continuity)

Quote Originally Posted by dpstatic View Post
    Didn't they rerun all of One Punch Man, twice, after its initial run? I don't think it's policy to remove a show, it's just usually in better interest to always be airing something new.

I don't know that rerunning One Piece would be beneficial, but maybe if it got a Mon-Fri slot for reruns it could work. but even then. I'm not sure how well it'd work for a show with a format like One Piece (long running, heavy continuity)
    I stopped watching regular cable awhile ago, I usually stick to streaming services (like RoboBlue said). I watched Adult Swim when it first began, so I do remember that they would air reruns of their longer running anime (like Inuyasha and Bleach) or anime that had a cult following (like Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, and FMA) on weekdays to inevitably reducing it to just a Saturday block, so I'm unaware if they have done second runs for other anime since then and I apologize for that.

FUNi has been RTing tweets about Stampede from Toei which is a good sign

I mean after getting Film Gold in theaters and the great success Broly, I think it's VERY safe to say we're at least getting a limited theater release of Stampede.

Whatever lul is happening in releasing the seasonal DVD's aside, I feel very confident we're going to see the tradition of Funimation anime dubs getting theatrical releases. We've gotten Dragon Ball, One Piece, and My Hero. I don't see them stopping that anytime soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

I’m excited for Nebulandia next Tuesday. Feels good to at least get something. More and more frustrated about there being no dub with every passing month.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Think we’ll get solicits at the end of this week? Probably beginning of next. Fingers crossed it isn’t just Episode if East Blue.

Apparently I care too much about this. Had a dream the other night that they announced Episode of Luffy. Wish they’d release all specials gradually while releasing the episodes too...

Last few solicits have been almost nothing but "essentials blu ray" cheap re-releases. Seems like funimations physical releases have slowed down on everything, One Piece just feels even worse since it's not simuldubbed either.

I've still preferred to stop watching animes after a few episodes if I decide I'm gonna buy it and wait for the physical release, but funimations waits are becoming agonizing.

Physical release sales in all forms of media have been declining in recent years as well though. Even if this dub hiatus doesn’t have anything to do with DVD sales and the dub returns this fall I think FUNimation should probably still think about planning ahead with other ways to expose their DVD-only releases like One Piece to as many online markets as they can to avoid having eventual drops in DVD sales cause another hiatus or cancellation in the future, whether that be reopening the discussion of a simuldub like we’ve been talking about or putting the dub on subscription based streaming services other than their own. Even though that ANN article turned out to be fake, I don’t think cable TV is the way to go, regardless of what Toei may believe.

Also, to shed more light on the Episode of East Blue recast discussion: I saw a twitter convo today with Terri Doty where she explained that anime voice actors get paid for the amount of hours they spend recording in the booth and do not get any shares of the residuals for that property’s releases, so FUNimation could use Vic and the other VA’s previously recorded dialogue without having to worry about paying them.
    Last edited by Samwize78; June 12th, 2019 at 09:38 PM.

God I dont know why people want or think that old audio will be used. I mean, I know there really isnt much to discuss but it just seems weird to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Krupp View Post
    God I dont know why people want or think that old audio will be used. I mean, I know there really isnt much to discuss but it just seems weird to me.
    I mean, I think the real discussion is whether they’ll re-record lines by actors who no longer work with the company. It seems a reasonable suspicion that they’d just reuse those lines, especially considering how they reused lines for twenty whole minutes of flashback in 3D2Y.
    Last edited by Zephray; June 13th, 2019 at 11:00 PM.

The slates are up and as expected Episode of East Blue has been announced for September.

DPNZ - Now known as MythicalFangNZ (MFNZ - would would be a very wrong way of abbreviating my Username)
    To see all the Anime I currently own on DVD - http://mythicalfangnz.dvdaf.com/owned

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information